My running log, by JR1572, hijacked by AustinBR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Have not been running, but me and the wife just finished a 15mile backpacking trip in Yellowstone National Park. Part of her side of the family's family vacation. Amazing landscape here.
    quze9aqe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woh, I can see why you haven't been running - look how much taller she is than you!! I bet she reallllly outruns you! :P

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Any updates from you peepz? I did two miles in 14:21 earlier this week. I was pretty pumped!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    1.5 miles in ten minutes and some seconds last night followed by pushup / abs / pullup / abs circuits.

About to go run in this BEAUTIFUL weather followed up by a nice bike ride. Any of your fellow outdoorsy athletic people doing anything? C'mon guys - motivate each other! #SunsOutGunsOut

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    wabbit had a procedure on his foot today. (im sure theres a joke there somewhere...)

sucks. gotta stay off it for a few days, baby it a few weeks, and im "no-run" for 60 days.

at least he didn't say anything bout lifting.

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    Can anyone hope in here? Let me know if I'm in the wrong.
    2mi at 1342 this morning at 630, felt great, coolest I can remember in a while, no wind, couple of cars on the road

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Can anyone hope in here? Let me know if I'm in the wrong.
    2mi at 1342 this morning at 630, felt great, coolest I can remember in a while, no wind, couple of cars on the road

Damn man, that is a good pace. I couldn't keep up a sub 7 minute mile pace for that long without being seriously winded. That being said...I might have to give it a shot!

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    Thanks man, I'm leaving one service branch for another service branch here shortly. It took me a while to get used to running 2 mi instead of 3. I found I was holding myself back. Pacing yourself is good at 3 miles, but at 2 it's complacency. If I'm not seriously winded when I finish, I'm disappointed in myself.

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    2 mi in 1419 at about 0530, little warmer than yesterday, was noticeably tired, remembered my glowbelt which resulted in some lost stride from fiddling, also lost some time to runners trots, if you don't know what that is, I envy you, few cars out, but they went around

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    I haven't ran since my last post. 2 mi at 0520am, forgot my watch, slow run, trying to get back into the habit of running but still not used to morning runs, weather wasn't hot, but it was really humid. Didn't see but one car out. Left my glowbelt, and I think its time for a new fm radio, lots of static this morning.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I haven't ran since my last post. 2 mi at 0520am, forgot my watch, slow run, trying to get back into the habit of running but still not used to morning runs, weather wasn't hot, but it was really humid. Didn't see but one car out. Left my glowbelt, and I think its time for a new fm radio, lots of static this morning.

Try an iPod Nano. It has a fm radio built in and you can make a running Playlist.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Ran for the first time today and my foot is 90% healed. Hitting the sprints, I'm done with distance until I hit my physical goals. Running is just too catabolic. .5 mile in 3:13 this morning.

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    Again, I haven't ran since my last post. I really need to get a fire lit and fall into a habit. 2 mi at 0520am, 14:08. I didn't push myself. It's harder to push myself in the morning. Ran with and ipod listening to some classic rock. I prefer a radio for the variety, but I'd like to wake up to AC/DC's Rock'n'roll Ain't Noise Pollution everyday until I got tired of it. Hang in there wabbit, sprinting is good stuff.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Tonight I went and hit on the bag for around 30 minutes then came inside and ran a mile on the treadmill @ 9 MPH.

rattler

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Marrero, LA
    Ran tues through Thursday at 0525 at 1400 min 2 mi pace. Goal is 1300 min by oct 15, can it be done? Tomorrow is a rest day, sat is an inventory.

Top Bottom