Mandeville "Hero" to be Prosecuted?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    I told you so for $1000, Alex. :D

I wonder if the store clerk, who he was so valiantly "defending" (or whatever he was doing by sticking his nose where it didn't belong) will contribute to the gofundme.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    So let's see, you follow a guy outside to get his plate number. You get in an argument. Fast forward. Guy follows you inside and you get in another argument. You shoot him. Now you need money.

ummmm...No.
    You should have minded your own business. You went looking for trouble and found it.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    So let's see, you follow a guy outside to get his plate number. You get in an argument. Fast forward. Guy follows you inside and you get in another argument. You shoot him. Now you need money.

ummmm...No.
    You should have minded your own business. You went looking for trouble and found it.

+1

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Does this guy have a family (wife and Kids)?

You know that doesnt matter he oc's, and so we have to crucify him. :crazy:

I noticed that no more details have come to light on that article. I thought we may have had a little inside info about Mr. OC preventing the perp from leaving but that article mentioned nothing of it. Still want to see the video.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville

I noticed that no more details have come to light on that article. I thought we may have had a little inside info about Mr. OC preventing the perp from leaving but that article mentioned nothing of it. Still want to see the video.

All the info is already out there. He wasn't preventing anyone from leaving and even then preventing someone to leave is against the law. Citizens arrests are only applicable in felony crimes.

So we shouldn't crucify him for OC'ing, we should crucify him for being a self righteous derp who got himself into a pickle.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

I was waiting for you to show up.

When did we crucify him for Open Carry? I just see an article about how he's screwed.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    All the info is already out there. He wasn't preventing anyone from leaving and even then preventing someone to leave is against the law. Citizens arrests are only applicable in felony crimes.

So we shouldn't crucify him for OC'ing, we should crucify him for being a self righteous derp who got himself into a pickle.

So we crucify this "Derp" As you call him because he took down the guy's plate (thats it), something you are in 100% agreement with me has no right to privacy? But its ok for a private company to be allowed to run that data through a system and either notify the officer equipped with the software or send a ticket in the mail?

If all he did was get plate info, the **** his guy got caught up in doesnt make him a Derp. It proves he's a good guy who was trying to do what was right and help the police and his fellow citizen. The only thing he did wrong was he miss judge a crazy person.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I was waiting for you to show up.

When did we crucify him for Open Carry? I just see an article about how he's screwed.

Nope you didnt try crucifying him. Although I cant agree his life is ruined, I cant disagree until he has been left the hell alone and allowed to go about is daily life in peace. If he gets prosicuted it will be thanks to the same type of thinking that says he was in the wrong for collect information that has no expectation of privacy.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Anyone interested in an wager that he is wasting his money on a CRIMINAL defense lawyer? That $5k probably would better be spent on a civil attorney.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    So we crucify this "Derp" As you call him because he took down the guy's plate (thats it), something you are in 100% agreement with me has no right to privacy? But its ok for a private company to be allowed to run that data through a system and either notify the officer equipped with the software or send a ticket in the mail?

If all he did was get plate info, the **** his guy got caught up in doesnt make him a Derp. It proves he's a good guy who was trying to do what was right and help the police and his fellow citizen. The only thing he did wrong was he miss judge a crazy person.

We don't live in a perfect world. Life isn't fair.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Anyone interested in an wager that he is wasting his money on a CRIMINAL defense lawyer? That $5k probably would better be spent on a civil attorney.

Nope. I dont make wagers I know I will likely lose. Chances are he will get sued and chances are some derps will make sure he pays dearly for daring to protect himself.

Top Bottom