Captured Buffer Springs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I am considering using a captured buffer spring to silence my 300BLK even further when suppressed. Does anyone have any experience with them? I've used the hydraulic buffers in the past, but not the captured springs.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have not, but I've researched the JP Enterprises Silent Captured Buffer/Spring and it's good to go.

JPSCS-730x411.jpg

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Alright, I would watch out for the JP silent buffer spring. It may have been a freak accident but I have seen the JP silent buffer/spring break the rear mounting tab of a Daniel Defense MK18 upper that was suppressed.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Wow... good to know. I know that the spring tension can be adjusted... maybe it was too tight? I'd have to test it on one of my other non-sbr toys first. That would be an expensive lesson.

tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Wow... good to know. I know that the spring tension can be adjusted... maybe it was too tight? I'd have to test it on one of my other non-sbr toys first. That would be an expensive lesson.

It actually happened twice to a friend of mine. The first time I didn't witness it, but the second time was while we were in a class. He had just gotten a brand new upper from DD. Did the same thing after 200 rounds.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    I am curios about these also. Is the buffer retaining pin still used with this spring? Maybe the pin broke and the buffer impacted the rear pin lug.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    It's a picture from Google to show what I was calling rear mounting tab.

Thats kinda what I figured. But how does the scs cause damage to that? Even without a buffer detent, it seems like it would not impact the lug. I have a suppressed 300blk sbr and have been considering the scs.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    I have one and no issues. It is much quieter than a regular buffer spring and feels smoother. You can buy the spring pack which gives you 5 options for different rifles, suppressed or not, etc.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom