The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    For the love of all things sacred, can ANYONE explain the disparity between an online application taking 3 weeks and a Mail-In application taking a minimum of 6-7 months (and counting)?? The LSP has the same information in each application.

So, WTF is their problem?

Wyldhog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    At my computer
    For the love of all things sacred, can ANYONE explain the disparity between an online application taking 3 weeks and a Mail-In application taking a minimum of 6-7 months (and counting)?? The LSP has the same information in each application.

This would just be a wild guess...
    Applications done online are put directly into their computer system.(your essentially doing the work for them) You go to headquarters in BR to get your print done and all of your info is already in the system. When they pull up your online app information for your fingerprints, they go ahead and send an email for payment which essentially bumps you to the top of the line when you pay immediately. (at least this is what I feel happened in my wife's case). When you mail in your app, someone has to input all of your information from your paper app into the system. This can take quite a bit of time if only a few people are doing it and they have hundreds or even thousands to input. This is my opinion of why mail in apps are taking so long.

Trith72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Shreveport
    My wife applied online on Aug 28, drove to BR on the 29th for prints. While at the service counter, the girl sent an acceptance email and payment email. Total time at LSP headquarters was less than 45 minutes. Paid online after we got home that afternoon...permit received in the mail on Sept 17. Total waiting time...3 weeks!

What day did she get her approved email?

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    This would just be a wild guess...
    Applications done online are put directly into their computer system.(your essentially doing the work for them) You go to headquarters in BR to get your print done and all of your info is already in the system. When they pull up your online app information for your fingerprints, they go ahead and send an email for payment which essentially bumps you to the top of the line when you pay immediately. (at least this is what I feel happened in my wife's case). When you mail in your app, someone has to input all of your information from your paper app into the system. This can take quite a bit of time if only a few people are doing it and they have hundreds or even thousands to input. This is my opinion of why mail in apps are taking so long.

This is what I wrote several pages back.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    This is what I wrote several pages back.

at $125 - $500 per application -- even for the online ones that obviously take almost zero effort, they should have ample enough $$$$$$ to hire more $15/hour data entry personnel......I'm throwing the BS flag (Bayou Shooter) on their operation.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Sent in online renewal 8/6/2016.

As of today, 9/20/2016, status is still PENDING ACCEPTANCE.

Seems like it's much quicker to get a new CHL than it is to renew, based on most of the accounts on this thread... :(

Trith72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Shreveport
    I wish I could figure out the magic formula for the mail out time. I've been looking through the forums and it seems that a lot folks here get theirs after approval email within 5 days. I know they say 10-15 but I'm just curious what everyone else's experience is, and what it's based on, such as mailing location in the state..or a day of the week when they print out the permits... If you know how long after approval it took to get yours in the US Mail, let us know here. I'm going on day 7 now and as you can tell getting bored...

Last edited:

Trith72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Shreveport
    Just got my approved email from the state! Mailing to me within 10-15 days. So timeline now is:

8/14 Online application submitted
    8/15 fingerprints mailed
    9/1 decided to do fingerprints at headquarters, checked on application status while there
    9/1 received acceptance and pay email
    9/1 Paid
    9/12 Approved, mailing out.

Received in mail today 9/23 so all total just under a month.

egcivicsi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    marrero
    3/21 online application submitted
    3/22 fingerprints mailed
    7/14 emailed to ask about status and received email saying they are very backlogged and working on applications received in february.
    7/15 received email accepted application
    7/15 paid
    9/26 called to check status on application that i submitted back in march stating that its been pending review since july. clerk said she will approve it and i should be receiving it 2-3 weeks.

now i wait..

BDill

What's This For Again
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Destrehan, LA
    Been waiting since March. Called yesterday, they said working on March now. If it takes them as long as Jan and Feb i may have it by March next year.

Cheby2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2016
    DeQuincy La
    4/9 submit app online
    4/19 drove to HQ for prints , got accepted and payment email while there .
    4/19 paid
    4/21 approved , 10-15 days mail time email
    4/30 permit in hand

3 weeks , with waiting 10 days before driving to HQ .

Bottom line , DO NOT MAIL ANYTHING ! Even if you submitted your app online and mailed your prints and you are waiting , AND you want to expidite things , DRIVE TO HQ and have your prints done ! Many have done this and got permit shortly thereafter .

TangSooDoMan

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2016
    Slidell, Louisiana

i did mine online the beginning of April, and I'm still waiting.

TangSooDoMan

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2016
    Slidell, Louisiana
    3/21 online application submitted
    3/22 fingerprints mailed
    7/14 emailed to ask about status and received email saying they are very backlogged and working on applications received in february.
    7/15 received email accepted application
    7/15 paid
    9/26 called to check status on application that i submitted back in march stating that its been pending review since july. clerk said she will approve it and i should be receiving it 2-3 weeks.

now i wait..
    Im in the same boat, beginning of April, everything approved and paid for, still waiting. The incompitance of this state is huge.

TangSooDoMan

Semper Fi
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2016
    Slidell, Louisiana
    1st time application;
    Submitted online on 8/5
    Did digital prints at LSP on 8/9
    Received approval email on 8/10

A nice heads up, I submitted my dd214, and while I knew there wouldn't be a charge for the actual application, I haven't lived in the state for more that 15 years (10 to be exact), and figured I would still have to pay the out of state fee. No charge, which was a nice surprise.
    Really? I've lived in the state for 23 years, I submitted my dd214 and still had to pay $62.50. 7 months later, still don't have my permit.

Top Bottom