1000 yards in Louisiana. Looking to gauge interest in a new private range.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Are you planning to host rifle silhouette matches or is this to be just a practice range. Would any consideration be given to host handgun silhouette matches?

Bowman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Are you planning to host rifle silhouette matches or is this to be just a practice range. Would any consideration be given to host handgun silhouette matches?

Pistol silhouette will be forbidden. :rofl: Just kidding. I am sure it could be done as well since we already have a couple sets of HP Silhouette Animals. We also have several sets of free standing Small bore Silhouettes and some Resettable Small bore racks.

The direction the club takes with regards to what is shot will be dependent on the club members who fancy a certain shooting style leading the way for their respective shooting. We have a full slate of Rifle Silhouette planned but mostly High Power and Cowboy once a month for formal matches for record. If you are a pistol silhouette shooter and want to pursue that it would be up to you to get it in place and form a match up etc. The gun club owner will not be facilitating the matches only providing the facility. Just like any club it will be up to the members to give it direction.

As silhouette rifle shooters we have wanted a nice range and we already have one on this property that we can shoot silhouette at all alone anytime we want right now. Our hope is to get good people that like to shoot to form a club where we can go to shoot in a better facility while at the same time meet new people and try new shooting types ourselves as well as try and hook a few people on the Silhouette game. Plus we are shooters plain and simple so we want a place we can just go shoot anytime we want for the most part. I can shoot 100y right outside my door any gun I want anytime I want. But I still want this range to come around into being a nice place to shoot. I can't shoot HP Silhouette out my back door...... yet... ;)

Bo

Last edited:

Charlie54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    At the start of the post you stated that you’re showing a picture of the land… it might be my browser, but I’m not seeing it.
    Also, do you have a opening date that you’re shooting ;) for?

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Pistol silhouette will be forbidden. :rofl: Just kidding. I am sure it could be done as well since we already have a couple sets of HP Silhouette Animals. We also have several sets of free standing Small bore Silhouettes and some Resettable Small bore racks.

The direction the club takes with regards to what is shot will be dependent on the club members who fancy a certain shooting style leading the way for their respective shooting. We have a full slate of Rifle Silhouette planned but mostly High Power and Cowboy once a month for formal matches for record. If you are a pistol silhouette shooter and want to pursue that it would be up to you to get it in place and form a match up etc. The gun club owner will not be facilitating the matches only providing the facility. Just like any club it will be up to the members to give it direction.

As silhouette rifle shooters we have wanted a nice range and we already have one on this property that we can shoot silhouette at all alone anytime we want right now. Our hope is to get good people that like to shoot to form a club where we can go to shoot in a better facility while at the same time meet new people and try new shooting types ourselves as well as try and hook a few people on the Silhouette game. Plus we are shooters plain and simple so we want a place we can just go shoot anytime we want for the most part. I can shoot 100y right outside my door any gun I want anytime I want. But I still want this range to come around into being a nice place to shoot. I can't shoot HP Silhouette out my back door...... yet... ;)

Bo

I would be more than happy to do the work needed to run a Handgun Silhouette match. I have been hosting smallbore silhouette matches in Gonzales since 1990. I do have some targets as well but not a full set of hard targets. If you have berms at 50M, 100M, 150M, and 200M it would be a perfect fit for handgun matches. Sadly, attendance at bigbore handgun silhouette matches has declined in recent years. There is also a very limited number of rangers near here. I just returned from a match in eastern North Carolina. The closest range for me is Jackson, Ms. That being said, this would give me an opportunity to make the effort to keep our sport alive, if only on a limited basis.

Count me in if I can make Handgun Silhouette matches happen there.

oscar615

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    SE LA
    The idea is great. Would love to join if it was closer to me. Might I suggest having public days. Say on the weekend? The members have the gate code and could go anytime. That's how the previous long range club I belonged to worked. The public paid $15 for the day. The reason for the suggestion is I live 3 or so hours away. Which means I won't join but would love access to it a few times a year. Anyone ever hear any news on the range that was supposed to be built in St. Tammany?

Charlie54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Sorry oscar615!!
    -1 Might I suggest having public days.
    Come as a members guest.
    I belong to a club now to get away from "Sherburne" type ranges.
    I’ve had bad experiences with A**holes coming in with no respect for the
    course or the other shooters on the range.
    That's just one little opinion

ahamay79

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2013
    New Roads

Bo

By "Cowboy", do you mean SASS Cowboy Action Shooting?

dustinflint

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The idea is great. Would love to join if it was closer to me. Might I suggest having public days. Say on the weekend? The members have the gate code and could go anytime. That's how the previous long range club I belonged to worked. The public paid $15 for the day. The reason for the suggestion is I live 3 or so hours away. Which means I won't join but would love access to it a few times a year. Anyone ever hear any news on the range that was supposed to be built in St. Tammany?

Sorry, this isnt going to happen. The reason we are building this club is to give members a place to enjoy shooting and compete. They'll be paying between $200 and $300 a year to be part of this club - not going to have a "public" day to annoy the members.

Dustin

Bowman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Remember there will be competitions here we are hoping. Well there will be silhouette for sure I know that much. As such if someone that is not a member wanted to come shoot say Nat. Match at this range they could attend a sanctioned NM event with another member for that match day. I shoot at several private club ranges in the Gulf South and I belong to none of them. But I only get to go on match days. This is where the contact information of the members running those events comes in etc. We intend to have a well designed webpage for the club members to show all the event times, contacts for each event and calenders as things progress.

Bo

alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Already sent email, but definitely join. Would love to see multiple pistol bays and plus for these bays to be able to hold USPSA matches. would love to help in the area of the pistol bays and USPSA matches.

Top Bottom