1000 yards in Louisiana. Looking to gauge interest in a new private range.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustinflint

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Already sent email, but definitely join. Would love to see multiple pistol bays and plus for these bays to be able to hold USPSA matches. would love to help in the area of the pistol bays and USPSA matches.

There will be pistol bays for sure. We have been discussing that a lot as there are lots of pistol shooters interested. Of course, one of our goals is to have a facility that can host pretty-much any type of rifle or pistol competition so we will make sure that happens.

We are looking at starting with the rifle silhouette range since we (the silhouette shooters) know exactly what we want. That will consist of a covered firing line and the silhouette berms. Also will get the 1000 yard berm started and one or two pistol bays. After that, we can open the club and let the members ask for what they want. Moving dirt and building new things on this site is no big deal since we have all of the equipment. If we have a bunch of IDPA and/or USPSA members interested, we will build what they want. It's all about having a place where members can have fun shooting and competing.

Us silhouette shooters are always hearing "no" you cant shoot at steel, "no" you cant build new berms, "no, no , no." So, this club is about being able to say "yes" to what the members want.

Join the club when it opens and let us know what you want!!

alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Us silhouette shooters are always hearing "no" you cant shoot at steel, "no" you cant build new berms, "no, no , no." So, this club is about being able to say "yes" to what the members want.

Join the club when it opens and let us know what you want!!

I definitely will join club soon as can. As far as silhouette shooters, I will most likely become one myself. I have 3 kids that will probably want to silhouette shoot, so Im in both ways. Thanks Dustin for putting a foot down and starting this up. Greatest idea i seen on the forum.

Swampman1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    south La.
    Sorry, this isnt going to happen. The reason we are building this club is to give members a place to enjoy shooting and compete. They'll be paying between $200 and $300 a year to be part of this club - not going to have a "public" day to annoy the members.

Dustin
    Sounds like a pretty hefty pricetag on membership. "public" day to annoy the members? wow lol

Last edited:

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    $200-$300 is well within reason for a 1000yd range. I'm not much on the "public" days either. That would just be a way to add another dynamic of people that have no interest (financial responsibility) in the range or the facilities. IMHO, this would be a disaster for reasons not limited to legal and insurance only. Just my $0.02.

alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    $200-$300 is well within reason for a 1000yd range. I'm not much on the "public" days either. That would just be a way to add another dynamic of people that have no interest (financial responsibility) in the range or the facilities. IMHO, this would be a disaster for reasons not limited to legal and insurance only. Just my $0.02.

+1000

dustinflint

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Everyone,

Sorry I havent posted here in a while. We are still working out some details but if you have sent me (dustinflint@yahoo.com) or Bowman26 (dja1070@hotmail.com) an email you are on the prospective members list and will get first dibs at the limited membership. This is not a sure thing YET but it's getting closer to a yes or no with "yes" being much more probable.

We are hoping to make an announcement in the next week or two so send me an email if you havent yet and stay tuned!

Chris, that KM Precision training facility is sweet! We'll see if we can rival that!

Dustin

Top Bottom