2015 Mustang 5.0 question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Last month, company handed me the keys to an all black 2011 f150 4x4. I looked it up on-line before getting it and found out some of them had a 5.0 in them. I jokingly asked if they got me the one with a mustang engine. They laughed and said NO but when I popped the hood guess what appeared in front of my eyes.

The F150 5.0 is not the same exact engine as the Mustang. They are the same platform but the Mustang has different cams and tuning. Horse power ratings are not the same. I have a 2011 F150 with the 5.0 and it is peppy for a truck.....rated 360 HP.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Ugh. Rtr. Sorry. Drifting styled car. Drifting is the skinny jeans of motorsports. Too much tacked on crap. Wheels are ugly and those stupid triangles are hideous. Ready To Rock? Cmon. Ready to douche rather. Sorry just not my style lol.

725 hp is actually very easy on these motors.

Update, mine was offloaded on Jackson for transfer to truck yesterday. Should arrive at dealer any day now.

Every time my phone rings, my heart and stomach switch places.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Yeah, but that axle snapping makes me glad I got my '13 with SRA. Thinking really hard about a Procharger...

Way way way too early to tell how big of a problem that will be.

I've got a supercharged 11 and not thinking twice about upgrading to the 15 and will supercharge it.

Fwiw, mmd blew a 8.8 in a 14 up this weekend too in a 14-15 shootout. The 15 was faster. Only time will tell.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Hope to see you driving around. Looks awesome, they look much better to me now than they did initially.

Sent from my truck doing 85 down the interstate.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Thanks everyone! Cade, I'm off Wednesday and Thursday if you wanna check it out.

Do you get to keep the cover?

Yes but it's not easy to put on and take off. Took 20 minutes to get off. I can see a half hour at least to install. More to really do it right. It's def a shipping cover. I accidentally tore it in a corner just a little bit. Oh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom