2015 Mustang 5.0 question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I'm on days Wednesday and Thursday but may take you up on that in the evening, Joey. Doubt I'll see another 50th around here! Jo Ann and I want to check out an Ecoboost Premium to compare against the new GTI for her next ride.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I'm on days Wednesday and Thursday but may take you up on that in the evening, Joey. Doubt I'll see another 50th around here! Jo Ann and I want to check out an Ecoboost Premium to compare against the new GTI for her next ride.

Sounds good. There's are, as of now, 13 scheduled for louisiana. All star Denham isn't sold yet and I think most others are going for auction over sticker. I got lucky.

All star has a black one. Ask for Parnell. Tell him I sent you.

They really did me right on this car over and over again (they always do). They turned down 3 offers over sticker, one from another dealership, because it was promised to me.

au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    Saw one in person, definitely looks better in real life, but kinda hard to explain why.

I finally figured out what I think they look like: Ferrari 575 and Porsche 911 smashed together. You can definitely tell it's a "world car" and I'm curious to see how the sales are in Europe, specifically the eco-boost.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Saw one in person, definitely looks better in real life, but kinda hard to explain why.

I finally figured out what I think they look like: Ferrari 575 and Porsche 911 smashed together. You can definitely tell it's a "world car" and I'm curious to see how the sales are in Europe, specifically the eco-boost.

Every single person whose seen one says same thing. Especially the back. I say ferarri Daytona coupe lol. But yes. Pics just don't pull off the real shape.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    ive been saying that since I first saw it. I just couldnt put my finger on "what it was" that it looked like.

its the daytona, ford style.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    A couple more photos. Yeah I gotta get that sticker off the deck lid. Forgot to tell them not to put it. Salesman offered to remove it but I was ready to go.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    its gorgeous man. cant wait to post mine :wtc:

I debated strongly on white as well, but ended up going with guard. The brochure just doesn't do white justice at all- that car looks sharp

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    That's Wimbledon White, the standard cars are Oxford White which is more of just a pure white, no pearl. If we do one it'll be Oxford White, wife is tired of a black car in Louisiana summer and it'll match my F150

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Another shot just for fun.

I'm not hating on the car, I love the new 5.0 coyote motors. But for some reason, the front headlights and grill reminds me of the Infiniti FX37, and the bumper of a BMW M3, almost a knock off of the M3 bumper really. And the side profile and rear profile reminds me of the hyundai tiburon. Which may not necessarily be a bad thing. I mean, it's a beautiful car, just doesn't look as "american" as I'm used to. The hood and roof line still scream mustang to me though.

2013-infiniti-fx-front-three-quarter-closeup.jpg

BMW-M3-Pure.jpg

Last edited:

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Which may not necessarily be a bad thing. I mean, it's a beautiful car, just doesn't look as "american" as I'm used to.

That was actually fords goal. It's supposed to be a world car with American influence. It doesn't drive like a mustang either.

Although, I think you need to back away from the crack pipe some of your comparisons lol

The Hyundai, I see the resemblance. Just like I see the shape of it resembles the old ferarri Daytona coupes. It's not a new style. It's called fastback. And the mustang is called the "fastback".

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I'm looking at a 14 now. Did anything change on the motors for 15?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same block. Same crank. Boss rods, different pistons (to clear valves). New head castings that flow boss head numbers. Boss intake cams. Cobra jet exhaust cams. New intake with charge motion plates (not like 05, these are end pivot so they fold completely out of path of air, no need to remove them like 05). 14- 420 hp and 390 tq. Avg is about (ABOUT, don't start the "my buddy had one ********). As I was saying. Average chassis dyno numbers (which are almost useless anyway) was 360 or 365ish on 11-14. New is rated at 435 hp and 400 tq with a drastic increase under the curve down low. Avg chassis number so far (it's early) look to be about 385-390. One did 405 but I kinda threw that one out.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Same block. Same crank. Boss rods, different pistons (to clear valves). New head castings that flow boss head numbers. Boss intake cams. Cobra jet exhaust cams. New intake with charge motion plates (not like 05, these are end pivot so they fold completely out of path of air, no need to remove them like 05). 14- 420 hp and 390 tq. Avg is about (ABOUT, don't start the "my buddy had one ********). As I was saying. Average chassis dyno numbers (which are almost useless anyway) was 360 or 365ish on 11-14. New is rated at 435 hp and 400 tq with a drastic increase under the curve down low. Avg chassis number so far (it's early) look to be about 385-390. One did 405 but I kinda threw that one out.

Should the prices on the 14 models be dropping now that the 15 models are out?

Last edited:

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Should the prices on the 14 models be dropping now that the 15 models are out?

Hah. That's an understatement. Last I checked, they where almost giving them away when the 15 was close. Huge discounts from ford and any good dealer will get close to invoice on a mustang (it increases their allotment for next year). Rebates stack on top of the dealer price. But finding a 14 now may be very hard. Last inventory report showed enough to last through October.

If you're wanting a 14, don't drive a 15. You'll stand at the corner and throw rocks at the 14.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Hah. That's an understatement. Last I checked, they where almost giving them away when the 15 was close. Huge discounts from ford and any good dealer will get close to invoice on a mustang (it increases their allotment for next year). Rebates stack on top of the dealer price. But finding a 14 now may be very hard. Last inventory report showed enough to last through October.

If you're wanting a 14, don't drive a 15. You'll stand at the corner and throw rocks at the 14.

Houma had a new 14 in stock "may be gone now". I want a 15 but I really don't wanna go over 35k on a car.

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Houma had a new 14 in stock "may be gone now". I want a 15 but I really don't wanna go over 35k on a car.

So skip all the fancy options and x plan it.

I imagine if there's a 14 left, it's probably some weird option or something making it undesired. They shut the line down for retool in June.

Top Bottom