22LR Pistol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrmccoy

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    Hammond
    That was a great choice I purchased a MKIII 6 7/8 hunter just like that about a month ago. They are fun to shoot and pretty darn accurate as well. If it is new the first time you take it apart it will be rather stiff.

mrmccoy

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    Hammond
    Like someone said before just check out youtube thay have a few good videos and there are some web sites with step by step pics and directions. It really isn't that bad.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    Why did I know that someone would make the obligatory "I've NEVER..." post?:rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm a real slob about weapon maintenance; ask anyone who knows me.

must have contracted this laziness from Troop F... I kid LSP

On a more serious note....

My experience with the Walther P22 is limited to about 5 different guns. 2 of the guns were the 5" and the other 3 were the 3.5" models. The first of the 5" guns I shot the thing until the (I thought) trigger was going to fall off. When all that happened was the counterweight on the front slipped off. At some point it destroyed the little set screw that holds it in place. It had it's fair share of misfeeds and jams. The second one never had a problem although I only put about 5000 rounds through it and probably less out of the first 2 of the 3.5" guns. The last 3.5" gun was my patsy. I beat the thing mercilessly. I actually won it in a poker game one evening. It fell out of the deer stand a couple times... into the duck pond and numerous mud holes. It has killed hundreds of snakes, turtles, fish, rabbits, squirrels, and numerous other critters that roam the woods around home. It probably only had 2% of the factory finish left on it. The grip was wrapped in electrical tape to make it "fatter". It had outlived 8 magazines. Then I kinda squashed it. Seems it was no match for a 4020 John Deere.

I think I'm gonna get one of those Ruger's like that now. I'm suddenly missing my old 22/45.

... sorry for the read. I'm bored at work.

jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I am a revolver man myself. You see quite a few posts about semi jams. I don't have one but would like to pick up a good top break 9 shot. I used to own a S&W K-22 that was as good as they get.

Top Bottom