3 Gun Nation Shootoff at the BRM3G 2010

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JPShootah

3 Gunner...
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    They took the top 32 shooters and I ended up making it to the final four losing to Eric Lund by a split second. It was an awesome experience and I've learned that I can compete with the top 3 gun shooters out there!

ENJOY!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh_Ok5P_LBQ[/ame]

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    You proved you not only have the shooting chops, but you can handle the pressure...you're more than ready to go head to head with the big dogs. We're all proud of you. :thumbsup: :bravo: :bowdown:

It was worth missing the cave shoot to see you in action.

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    Every body had to use the guns they provided from FNH for the shoot off.

Great Job Jason!!!! :hi5::boink:

BayouSlide won a coustom rifle as well as Gordo from BS who won an AR-15. Tactical723 got a rifle scope, Hicapmag got a 6.8 upper.

Great Match with lots of fun from many BS members there.

As those 32 shooters were whittled down to just two: Taran Butler and Erik Lund. Shooting guns provided by FNH, the pair faced off is a match of speed and accuracy. First they had to shoot a rack of steel plates with a rifle, then steel targets and clays with a shotgun before ending their run with a rack of steel plates for the pistol portion. Both Lund and Butler shot with amazing speed and accuracy, but in the end, Butler was just a few seconds faster.

For his first place finish, Butler received a $5,000 check courtesy of Leupold and the chance to shoot for top honors in the 3-Gun Nation national-level shoot-off to be held at the USPSA 3-Gun Nationals in September. Shoot-offs like these will also be held at NRA-sanctioned JP Enterprises Rocky Mountain 3-Gun match at the NRA Whittington Center.

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Besides the fact you had to shoot FNH guns you where probably unfamiliar with I love the fact you stuck it to the dude who was sponsored by FNH. Then he makes some retarded excuse about the stability of the barrier. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That was great man absolutely priceless.

Last edited:

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    We had a blast at the regular scheduled stages, but the weather cut it a bit short. However, the shootoff with JPShootah (Jason) was the highlight of the 3 day match. It was awesome to see Jason move up to finals and shoot as quick and accurate as he did, the crowd was definitely pulling for Jason above all the sponsored shooters. The coverage will be aired nationally on the Versus (the old Outdoor Life Channel) network in July on comcast and both satellite networks. As far as me, I was close to qualifying, there were 250 shooters and I probably was 125 shooters and several target points/plates away, lol. I did kick everyone's ass on the crawling portion under the collapsed roof section of the obstacle course, as I did not have to get on all fours, for those who know me, you know what I mean, Bayouslide had to make reservations to get through this portion, lol, video links for my youtube to be posted later of this epic Olympic event.

Last edited:

Golden Dragon

Stay Alert.... Stay Alive
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    171   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Mandeville
    So Mike did you just run through it LOL.

There was a stage where you start off with a full auto .223 and shotgun sling from kneeling. Engage 6 paper to the left with full auto fire as you move up to dump barrel and place full auto in barrel. then engage 15 steel 4x4 some with no shoot in front as you advance about 25 yards to shot gun dump barrel. then run and jump over a 4 or 5 foot storage tank then under a 4x8 plywood with four 55 gal. holding it up(most people had to craw under on all fours but Mike was able to run under at full speed standing up :rofl: ) then up and over a ten foot latter wall after you come down pick up your rifle and engage paper and steel out to 300 yard.

That is where the NRA took Mike's photo for their site. Good going for my buddy Mike who had the best raw time on his squad from stage 2.:bravo:

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    We expect more BS.com shooters to be in this match with us next year, you know who you are !!, it was a blast and we got to hang out with all the sponsors and the nicer sponsored shooters since it was a long 3 day match, I got a personal invite to tour the Barrett facility and a deal on Barrett items,

Last edited:

Barney88PDC

SEND IT
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Yea I knew Schriever Guns was going to be there (the biggest Barrett Dealer in the US) and if I had gone I was going to go see what kind of shwag they would give me. Actually I think I am going to put up the Barrett for sale this week. Funding other projects.

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Yes, Bannon, I ran into Alan Shephard a military R&D engineer at Barrett, who happens to be a 3 gun shooter and a RO that we run into all the time, he has RO'd us 2X in the past, he is a great guy, I finally swipped a business card from him and we had dinner with him both nights, now we are in the door, since we know one of the keymasters, LOL. We did meet the young guy from Schriever but I do not recall his name, he did shoot the match as well, they are the nation's #1 civilian Barrett dealer

Last edited:

JPShootah

3 Gunner...
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Thanks for the compliments! Here are stages 1,2,3,5, and 6 that I got to shoot! ENJOY!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEEWsSN2p-g[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7OfabJDxbs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og_uBzgYJPo[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4C9oPmuvvM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnXzEbKvBIw[/ame]

Top Bottom