.308 AR platform

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    Any of you guys have any recommendations on a good brand of AR platform to go with in .308 ?? Kinda leaning towards the Colt LE901 because of availability of changing to the 5.56 upper !! I've briefly looked on the net at .308 AR platforms and wow their is a ton of them to choose from !! Time to upgrade to an AR and would prefer to go with the .308 !! Want to keep it local (Louisiana) if possible !!

candrews86

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    Lake Charles
    I have the DPMS LR-308B, it has the short bull barrel and is surprisingly very accurate. The trigger was pretty awful so I put a geissele SSA-E on it and is now one of my favorite pig shooters. Only problem I have with the DPMS is it's weight and it damages the neck of the brass once it fires and ejects. Probably a gas block issue not relieving enough. Great gun for the money

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    attachment.php

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    With the expense of other rounds I'd have to have a pretty substantial reason to get something other than a .223/5.56
    Especially the first go round.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge

This is so true, I shot a match last weekend with mine, we had set the steel poppers heavy forward so they wouldn't go down, and just call hits, when I hit em with the 308, they slammed down!! Hard!! Lol lol I looked at the RO laughing, did I hit it? Lmao

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    There are a lot of good 308's out there. Pof, LMT, lwrc, and jp. If you get a chance to make it to hammond, come on past the shop and you can put your hands on all the above.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    There are a lot of good 308's out there. Pof, LMT, lwrc, and jp. If you get a chance to make it to hammond, come on past the shop and you can put your hands on all the above.

Good place to start!
    And I know Patterson is a ways off, (I used to drive through 6 days a week for a couple months when working a job in Franklin ;)), but if you're ever in this neck of the woods, (Gretna), you're more than welcome to put some rounds through my POF.

goteron

Unity Tactical
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Houma, LA
    For a lower price point I would look at the S&W M&P10, they are available at about $1300 and ambi with quality parts. I haven't shot one, just heard good things about them. For a few hundred bucks you can swap into a rail system.

Higher price point maybe a JP... There is a new company coming online that will have a great offering as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom