The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I'll stock pile plenty of .22, already have a few K of each popular rifle and pistol round. I can have fun with my 22 upper or conversion all day long.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I was looking to add another 1k of .223 to my stash but nobody has any at a reasonable price . Anybody know where to order some ? I've tried the usual places .

mariner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Lafayette
    What do you consider a reasonable price?

Freedom Munitions has new .223 [of their manufacture] for $315/1000.
    SGammo has Aguila 55gr for $320/1000.

I'll bet they won't have it much longer.

Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    I just ordered a bunch from Natchez but they were out of much of what I wanted. The salesman told me that "The Military" was buying almost every round they could put their hands on. Cant say if this is true or not, but why would "The Military" be stocking up on ammo when we are winding down our envolvement in Iraq and Afgan???

Iran???? Fear of civil inserruction with upcoming election???

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    There was also a mammoth order of 175 million rifle rounds and about 145 million pistol rounds recently purchased by the Department of Homeland Security.

I hear that even the military and other agencies are taking notice and sort of questioning that.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I just ordered a bunch from Natchez but they were out of much of what I wanted. The salesman told me that "The Military" was buying almost every round they could put their hands on. Cant say if this is true or not, but why would "The Military" be stocking up on ammo when we are winding down our envolvement in Iraq and Afgan???

Iran???? Fear of civil inserruction with upcoming election???

Once again people saying stuff that they have no idea of or about and no reason to even open their mouth. The military does not buy ammo. They have a contract with Lake City and they make everything for them.

I am not referring to you Jimbeaux, so please do not take that personally.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    What do you consider a reasonable price?

Freedom Munitions has new .223 [of their manufacture] for $315/1000.
    SGammo has Aguila 55gr for $320/1000.

I'll bet they won't have it much longer.
    I paid $355 for Federal from Natchez . That included shipping . Not too terrible and it was in stock .

Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    Once again people saying stuff that they have no idea of or about and no reason to even open their mouth. The military does not buy ammo. They have a contract with Lake City and they make everything for them.

I am not referring to you Jimbeaux, so please do not take that personally.

No worries Brother! No offense taken. But something is definitely going on here.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I don't know why the .gov is stocking up on ammo and that's a seperate discussion , but could all of that cause a huge diversion of resources and affect the civillian market ?

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    If you dig a bit deeper, you'll find that the "military" has indeed purchased private-sector ammunition, in great quantities. Black Hills is but one vendor. Winchester and ATK (Federal) are two others.

The reason is that there is exactly ONE "government arsenal" loading military small arms ammunition in this country. The rest have been closed due to budget or other reasons. And that arsenal is run by a private sector contractor; ATK. A two-front war, where prodigious quantities of small arms ammunition were being expended in both, put a severe strain in the production capabilities of this nation. The private sector actually produces more ammunition than the government does.

The government is indeed buying a huge amount of ammunition these days... but I'll wager large it isn't for the military. Nobody in the military except the Coasties and some of the spec ops folks use .40 S&W caliber. OTOH, just about every non-military government agency uses that caliber. So, unless "they're" expecting a massive seaborne invasion and intend to repel it with carbines and handguns... well, you do the math.

source?

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    I found 1000 round XM855 for $359.00 but I ordered on 4-3-12. I don't know if they have any left. There was a couple of places I found that had 2K bulk XM855's. I would have ordered more but I am trying to keep it under the radar from the wife!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom