A thought about law abiding CHP holders and church carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Ok, I am a stalker (yeah, the only one in the whole world, I know). I have this little gal I have had my eyes on for awhile... seventeen, brunette... I have been wanting to get my hands on her for awhile, but her parents keep a close eye on her, and he has a Semper Fi bumper sticker and an NRA sticker in his window, so I have been trying to figure out how I am going to pull it off. There are always too many people around when she gets out of school, and the cops wait right there. I think I have it figured out, though. I am in Louisiana, and even guys like Mr. Jarhead can't carry in church. I am not worried about him physically catching me, I have a plan to get her pretty damn fast, but I know I can't outrun a bullet at 1600fps! If I was stupid I wouldn't have been able to come this far without getting caught. I'll get her this Wednesday, though, I'm thinking- there is always a small crowd on weeknights, and I saw her walking back and forth to the youth building in the back...

Anyway, wish me luck!

PS. Thanks Senate Judiciary Committee B! The newspaper last week from the House had me a little worried! I don't know what my next plan would have been, this was the best opening I had spotted so far!

Last edited:

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    The senate callout was more a general thing than about this particular bill, fyi. Reminding people that those who enacted these immoral laws have a culpability.

And dawg- yes, I am a devious SOB. I just choose to use those powers for good! :)

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    The senate callout was more a general thing than about this particular bill, fyi. Reminding people that those who enacted these immoral laws have a culpability.

And dawg- yes, I am a devious SOB. I just choose to use those powers for good! :)

LOL.....a yes vote

Keep up the fight , if no one else ever appreciates your work, I do

Thanks

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie

I bet the restriction was brought up by people who thought they were doing the "moral" thing. Frankly, morality and immorality are buzz words. I like the cut and dryness of stupid and smart. The restriction is stupid. I bet we agree on that. :)

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I am against governmental gun control in all forms, save the sole moral exception of during THE ACTUAL PERIOD OF incarceration for a duly convicted crime. :)

Oh, and thanks YD. :)

Morgan Allison

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Houma
    A thought that always plays through my mind when I think about the "no CHP in church" rule is this: what is there were a church that required its members to carry? Wouldn't there be a 1st amendment problem?

As a related thought experiment, I often start thinking about what such a church would be like and wonder why there isn't one. It doesn't seem so far-fetched. Jesus often said things like: "and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." I could see there being a church that says this means, in modern terms, believers should carry firearms.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don't see why anyone is so emotionally concerned with this. "Church isn't a place for guns" blah blah blah. Okay? Don't allow them in yours. For some reason people feel the need to control others...

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    What folks don't know frequently doesn't hurt or bother them.

All I'll add is that there was always a reason to wear a suitcoat to church.

And it wasn't to impress the Lord.

Doug.38PR

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Backwoods Louisiana
    Permit holders can carry unless the owner posts it?

This is true in churches? I thought you couldn't carry in churches?

No churches are forbidden
    http://www.carryconcealed.net/louisiana

Where can a CCW Permit holde not carry in Louisiana.
    No concealed handgun may be carried into and no concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to this Section shall authorize or entitle a permittee to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following: (1) A law enforcement office, station, or building. (2) A detention facility, prison, or jail. (3) A courthouse or courtroom, provided that a judge may carry such a weapon in his own courtroom. (4) A polling place. (5) A meeting place of the governing authority of a political subdivision. (6) The state capitol building. (7) Any portion of an airport facility where the carrying of firearms is prohibited under federal law, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, if the firearm is encased for shipment, for the purpose of checking such firearm as lawful baggage. (8) Any church, synagogue, mosque, or other similar place of worship. (9) A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity. (10) Any portion of the permitted area of an establishment that has been granted a Class A-General retail permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises. (11) Any school "firearm-free zone" as defined in R.S. 14:95.6.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville

As stated, correct- for a concealed handgun carried pursuant to that section (40:1379.3). Other sections of law do not have that prohibition, and of course there is no law against having the gun anywhere else you want it (under the pulpit, behind the sound booth, etc).

Just didn't want people thinking there weren't other ways. We want to be as armed as we legally can!

Top Bottom