AAC SDN-6 Update Thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I am starting this thread so those of us waiting on the ATF can have an idea of when our dealers will take delivery and so on. I do not have time to look through all of the other boards (Silencertalk, snipershide, M4carbine, etc.) everyday for updates. If anyone who has ordered a N-6 gets any info, please post up here.

From what I am being told, the dealers have F3s into the ATF and are just waiting on them (aren't we all). If you hear anything, post up.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    AAC might said Form 3's are in, but Louisiana requires State paperwork and that takes time as well. AAC isn't always great at communicating with the dealers either.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Is this your first?

Here's what to do: buy item, submit paper work, totally forget about it. You'll be much happier that way. :twitch:

Its easier to forget about it when I know the wheels are in motion. Would you ever get in a car for a vacation with no idea when you would get to the destination? If I know I have a 12 hour flight, I can mentally prepare myself for it and then sit back and wait. Otherwise, I would drive myself crazy wondering "are we there yet"?

And no, this is not the first.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    From what I have found, the Form 3's for the first batch of N-6's is approved and in the mail to AAC. Three large dealers should have them soon which means they can ship to my dealer here in town.

This guy is excited. Once my dealer has mine in their possission, I will be happier than a kid in a candy store!

sonanth

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    The first couple to 4 months are the easiest. It's when you start thinking, "It should be any day now", that it gets really bad. With my first one, I'd think about it until I'd fall asleep at night.

But then I see ppl with complete transfers in less than 4-6 months. I had to wait almost a year for each one.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Major Malfunction supposedly has the first 100 non-military. Whether or not that happens or not who knows.

I have a fairly substantial SDN-6 order hopefully coming in July. They have been ordered since Shot Show.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Major Malfunction supposedly has the first 100 non-military. Whether or not that happens or not who knows.

Allen Arms and Major BOTH claim that they are getting "the first N-6's in the country". I would bet that they get them within a week to 10 days of each other.

Top Bottom