All American Gunsmithing moving

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Lying and not communicating anymore, before the flood, yes I can say things went south. If he couldn't or didn't want to all he needed to do is return my parts. No need for this.
    I agree, wasn't taking up for him. I don't even know the guy, the whole passive aggressive comments are kind of like a bitch move on the internet.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Personally I dont think you have a clue. And most of us dont give a hoot what others think when we have been wronged by another. Best would have been that you didnt have posted in this thread at all. Have a good day be done with it and move on!
    Thanks for taking up for your friend. At least my comment brought out one side of the story. Best thing would be for them to handle business behind scenes. If that isn't possible post the story with proof.

It isn't that hard now is it?

I care, the accused does some work that I was considering have him do in the future. If this is way he does things then ill find someone else.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Wow! That is all I can say. I'm just seeing this, a friend said that I should take a look and see what's going on. I communicated with AK shooter a few days ago, he said nothing about this. I screenshots the text and will add them up here. I did this work for no charge ,FOR FREE, (and was going to eat the cost of the FedEx for taking so long). I guess no good deed goes unpunished. I have lost my shop, my equipment, my house, my business, and a good part of my income. I'll not be called a liar, a thief, or a lowlife. I'll be sending Mr. AK Shooter his parts back as soon as I grind off the welding that was done. I'll have them for the next couple of days if any of you want to come to BR and pick them up for him. I'll be in the travel trailer next to my shelled out home.
    Also, if this isn't good enough for any of you, you can kiss my ass! This has taken up too much of my time already and I have other things that need to be done. If there is anyone that wants to come and pick up their firearms, because of this mishap, feel free to do so. You can contact me the regular ways and I'll arrange a time that you can come by.
    fe19b26fbd69946db3ffaf6d7fd16f09.jpg
    0ba6e902368568d0db0f8e565ba60330.jpg

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I did have a little time, I also was under the impression that they went out with a FedEx. I had no idea that you didn't receive them until I get a text from a friend saying that you were running me down on this post. So I'll get them headed your way asap.

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I got the package after the flood. I mailed them off the first time ,after the flood ( the shipping label was destroyed and in readable). I thought that they were shipped out for the 2nd time, after the flood. I wasn't told he didn't receive the parts until I see this post here. I wasn't given the chance to check to see what had happened, before I'm blasted here. I admit that I made a mistake on the shipping. I got my packages mixed up and didn't get it out. That's on me. I never stopped responding, or communicating. I never received a call from anyone about this.
    If you did a favor for someone and then were drug thru the mud because of a mistake that lasted a couple weeks (not months) what would your response be? I'm just a little pissed about this situation. I do admit that this is partly my fault, but give me a call, or something before you blast me. At least give me a chance to check on things, to see if there is something that I can do to make it right. I have never lowered my standards or quality wether the work was free or not.
    And yes I'll tell the ones that are calling me a liar and a lowlife to kiss my ass. You wouldn't? You would allow your name to be trashed because someone decided to go online and trash you, without knowing the full details? I was going to fix the mistake by shipping the parts out on Thursday, but I see this post and decide that it's best if I return the parts in the same fashion that I received them. That is why I'm going to remove the welds that we're put on the parts, and return them to where they came from.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Guys, I can tell you Jake is a stand up guy and did not intentionally delay anything, He has done a metric ton of work for me, and others..
    I can tell you that unless you have been in the Man's shoes, trying to work a day job, get a house back in order and also just the stresses with life, things fall through the cracks.. He would not do anything intentionally and will make things right.. I think its Petty that there was not any consideration for the circumstances or common courtesy.
    I count Jake in the good guy circle, and if you know me, that is rare.. give him a break.. I suggest taking this back to private messages as it can only harm the man's business to drag this posting out longer.. Do you really want to do that?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Guys, I can tell you Jake is a stand up guy and did not intentionally delay anything, He has done a metric ton of work for me, and others..
    I can tell you that unless you have been in the Man's shoes, trying to work a day job, get a house back in order and also just the stresses with life, things fall through the cracks.. He would not do anything intentionally and will make things right.. I think its Petty that there was not any consideration for the circumstances or common courtesy.
    I count Jake in the good guy circle, and if you know me, that is rare.. give him a break.. I suggest taking this back to private messages as it can only harm the man's business to drag this posting out longer.. Do you really want to do that?

I second this. Been doing business with Jake for about 5 years and feel like I know the man well enough to say in all confidence that he's not a liar, not a cheat, and will make things right.
    And I remember him going out of his way to try to rectify a lower group buy that went bad years ago. Drove hours to attempt to recover money from the goon that walked with it, put up money from his own pocket to make things right. And unless I'm mistaken, he was only the FFL that was receiving the lowers.

I've been in the same boat a time or two, waiting for something. It does get frustrating. But I'm careful before I start making calls that I'm not absolutely certain of and welcome a solution when someone is offering. Mostly because of how bad I'd feel if my stuff showed up the day after I'd burned a bridge.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Jake is too good of a guy to just leave you hanging. It looks to me like in spite of dire circumstances he is still in there trying to work it out. Sometimes though, people already have their minds made up and nothing you can do will change that. A very successful man told me once to watch out for that 10% of your customers. They will end up costing you 50% for one reason or another. Personally, I will be taking all of my business to him without any hesitation at all regardless of what you guys think. Bottom line I know him to be good at what he does, honest, and easy to work with.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I am sure he is a great guy, but as you can see from my communication, or lack of, maybe you can understand my frustration. I didn't want this, just my parts back. I know they are not worth much but they are valuable to me. If everyone is going to make me the bad guy for wanting my stuff returned, so be it.
    I am not making you out to be anything other than perhaps you may have posted prematurely but you are your own man and you know your limits, and they evidently were met. I only posted to perhaps give you and others some confidence in that you will get your items back .. Now in all honestly, I have been in your position and just want it finished and completed.. I got impatient, I just handled my stuff a bit differently but again, You are your own person and who am I to say **** about how someone handles their ****.. as it was also pointed out, I gave Todd my friendship and honestly, thought of him as a brother.. something happened to him that only he knows , perhaps medical or perhaps chemical , but he betrayed me and a few other customers.. but also crushed my confidence in friends which I already have trouble making.. so.. again.. was just me , having a good posting about you will likely get your **** back.. regardless of this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wrobi2016
    Top Bottom