Any place of interest to eat in Baton Rouge?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/66/710920/restaurant/College-Acadian/Rama-Baton-Rouge
    The pad thai is to die for and the lemon grass soup will blow your mind!

Rama is to die for.

Oysters Chada was a platonic dish, but I don't think it's on the menu any more.

Their soups are outstanding: lemon grass, pork crackings, duck; cold spring roll.

I like their Rama duck, pla chien is also good made with shrimp. I asked them a while back to make the pla chien with shrimp and now it's on their menu.

Mee krob is my favorite noodle dish.

The two ladies who wait on the tables are super nice.

I've been going their place since they took the building over from Gino's.
    :bigok:

Joshlala

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Sushi masa over on essen right near ichiban. I think it is pretty new but I was in there two days ago for lunch, $13.95 (soft drink included) and its all you can eat sushi and some teriyakis and fried rice from the kitchen. Everything is made to order so it is all fresh and they have a lot of specialty rolls and stuff I would never expect to be on a "buffet" before. Depending on how many times you order sushi it may be a little time consuming since it is made to order but the sushi I had was very good and I hear their kitchen stuff is good too.

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I coulda told you a ton of good places if you said you were venturing far off govt. and I-10! Too late now, most have been covered.

Geezer Squid

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Just wanted to add my FAVORITE lunch spot to the mix: The New York Bagel on Jefferson (near the intersection of Jefferson and Essen Lane). Their breakfast and lunch sandwiches are simply superb. Ingredients are always fresh and prepared while you wait. Bagel, croissant, hoagie roll, wrap or plain bread sandwiches can not be beat. My personal favorites are the Club on Croissant, The Manhattan, Brooklyn Bomber or the Philly Cheese Steak.

Also, the owner and staff are GREAT!!!

http://www.newyorkbagelbr.com/

Btl_Rkt_Sci

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    UPDATE: We went to The Himalayas on Sherwood Forest. It was fair priced and it was really good. We'll surely return there again.

Went last night. Not sure of the buffet but we ordered a couple dinner entrees and I definitely prefer Bay Leaf for Indian.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom