Aurora: 12 Dead, 59 injuried in Shooting @ 12AM Showing of The Dark Knight

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Yep. Wouldn't be a shock.

Isn't it strange how the first thing announced usually seems to be 'this was NOT terrorist related!'- even when it turns out it IS (such as the Ft Hood murders)....

Sure, it's too early to speculate about who this person is or isn't- but is it really responsible to rule things out like this before anything is even investigated? :confused:

I hear ya. I know the Ramadan thing was fueled b/c godlikeproductions had a topic with video about the shooter supposedly being named Muhammoud Alem or something like that.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I hear ya. I know the Ramadan thing was fueled b/c godlikeproductions had a topic with video about the shooter supposedly being named Muhammoud Alem or something like that.

What bothers me is IF he turns out to be a lone wolf, all of us already know where this is headed: He will be evaluated, declared mentally unfit to stand trial, and will be locked away as yet another burden on the people.

It's still VERY early- but from what is known so far this guy put an awful lot of planning into this little "operation" of his. An insane act, to be sure. But he sure seemed to have the mental capacity to plan this out, didn't he?

No, I'm not a huge fan of the 'mentally unfit' excuse. Because I believe that are too many out there willing to extend that same courtesy to ANYONE who pulls this crap. Just my opinion.

Nevarwinter

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Gretna, LA
    Piers Morgan wins! He appears to be the first to tweet that the US needs to do something about its gun laws. via drudge.

It was only a matter of hours for the left to start salivating and dancing in the blood. They finally have another chance to take away your civil rights.

If it were up to me, i'd have several thousand armed citizens march on that station and take that guy out for a very public execution after a lengthy interrogation and severe beating.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    One of the people shot posted a pic of his injury.

K6otm.jpg

Odlwi.jpg

y7snW.jpg

:)

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    Terrible.... and some business owners will continue to think that a no guns sign makes a place safer.

Has our country lost our fricking minds? I do not like crowds and avoid them like the plague. Another reason to keep avoiding them. If someone had a CCP they would still be screwed if he had on a bullet proof vest.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Umm, no, a CC'er would not be screwed:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Bloomberg dancing in the blood already;
    http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/aurora-gun-control-colorado/2012/07/20/id/445998

Bloomberg’s remarks;
    *Soothing words are nice,* said Bloomberg. *But maybe it’s time the two people who want to be president of the United States stand up and tell us what they’re going to do about it, because this is obviously a problem across the country. And everybody always says, Isn’t it tragic?*

Bloomberg urged the nation’s governors to speak out about the shooting. *I mean, there are so many murders with guns every day. It’s just gotta stop,* he said. *And instead of these two people, President [Barack] Obama and Gov. [Mitt] Romney talking in broad things about [how] they want to make the world a better place. OK. Tell us how. And this is a problem.

Spent Brass

Keeping South BR Classy
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    baton rouge
    This is Smufrin upsetting. To bad there were no CC'ers there. A well planned operation for sure, and that alone should be reason hes fit to stand trial and have the fastest trial to execution in modern history. When the POTUS gives his speech someone post a transcript? I'll be in the field at work then and wont be able to pull much up on my phone. Thanks.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Bloomberg dancing in the blood already;
    http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/aurora-gun-control-colorado/2012/07/20/id/445998

Bloomberg’s remarks;

Bloomberg isn't fooling anyone (not those who know the truth, anyway). He needs to shut his mouth.

I have friends and family who live in the greater NYC area. Don't buy into the 'safest city in America' crap. It's bogus.

And of course, anyone who requires another example of the failure that is more gun control should look at Obama's home city of Chicago.

That's not the answer, it's a much more complex issue than that- and Bloomberg damn well knows it. But keeping people safe isn't his objective, anyway.

He is pond scum.:madfawk:

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette
    You're not helping!

I think you mistook my meaning. I'm saying that just b/c a crazy w/ a gun has a bulletproof vest on, a CC'er is NOT screwed. People that are trained to carry guns for a living are taught to always shoot for center mass - that's certainly true in 99% of cases. This is the 1% where a headshot is warranted. A terribly risky shot, in a dark, crowded movie theater filled with tear gas. Don't delude yourself to believe that just because someone has a vest on, they're invincible. Hell, take out their legs first, when they hit the ground, run up and headshot them. You will probably have to take a few rounds yourself, even get killed, but it's the burden CC'ers carry. Myself, I'd rather take that chance than watch victim after victim fall around me, especially if my son was with me.

Brian22

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Lafayette

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I bet it was a "gun free" zone. Just so happens they're meeting to discuss the UN gun ban treaty next week. I'll bet they use this as fuel to their fire.

Last edited:

Lowbrow

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    New Orleans
    I bet it was a "gun free" zone.

Absolutely - but that would never be reported in the media, because it would show that the policy might have caused the massacre by effectively disarming the people who play by the rules of society - unlike the shooter. (Well, for the thinking viewers out there who would connect the dots.)

This whole thing is going to lead to the following:
    - More calls for gun control laws
    - More invasions of privacy
    - More national dialogue/debate about the RKBA in the USA

Of course, the results of all this will be negative for good people who just want to be free. "Bad guys" tend to not follow laws, no matter how restrictive or how well-written. (But try to reason and explain that to someone who just believes propaganda.)

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Believe it or not guys, this is the 75% of the reason I got my CHP. More so than muggings, robberies, any of that. I've just always thought it would be the worst to be helpless in a theater with 300 people in the dark and just being sitting ducks if something were to happen. Idk why someone would do this.

Top Bottom