Avoid Tutti Fruiti on the Westbank

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    In the owners' defense, they might not have had anything to do with it. According to the story, it sounds like the off-duty deputy may have made a call and initiated everything that happened. The responding officer may have given you the "owner doesn't want you here" line as a way of saying move on. I'm not saying this was the case, but I've seen it happen.
    Were you approached by the owner or did you have contact with them at all?
    It seems like the off-duty was the one that caused the stink.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    In the owners' defense, they might not have had anything to do with it. According to the story, it sounds like the off-duty deputy may have made a call and initiated everything that happened. The responding officer may have given you the "owner doesn't want you here" line as a way of saying move on. I'm not saying this was the case, but I've seen it happen.
    Were you approached by the owner or did you have contact with them at all?
    It seems like the off-duty was the one that caused the stink.

the off duty officer definately started a confrontation, but he left before the on duty officers got there, then i witnessed one of the officers go inside and ask for the owner (i'm guessing Tutti Fruiti is a franchise) and when that officer came outside he told me "the owner doesn't want guns on his property". to which i acknowledged and recomended he tell the owner what i was doing is legal and he needed to have signs at the door

Why, Why, pray-tell, would anyone from B-S even want to enter a place named "Tutti-Fruitti", anyway ?

leV

i was with two other friends and they wanted to go there

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    This looks like a good place to jump in and mention this...

Several months ago I was at Top Fuel on Airline.
    I was son duty and in uniform.
    As I was walking up to the doors an OC'er came out and when he saw me, he looked like he was going to **** himself and scurried off to his vehicle.

I ignored him and walked on in.

If that OC'er is on this board my advice to him is to chill out a little.
    Acting the way you did only attracts attention to yourself.

And to the guy with the red F250 at Home Depot on Coursey, nice try on baiting me, but as you found out, I know the law.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    yea the officers told me it was my fault that i was carrying... "This ain't the wild wild west!" she said, i replied "You're right, it's New Orleans."

She sounds like a real sweetheart. :kiss:

'This ain't my kitchen, either- but I won't complain if you go fix me a SAMMICH.' :dogkeke:

(Don't do this. She might have tazed you, Mr. Man.)

:dogkeke: j/k

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I consider Sgt Fox a friend. Matter of fact I was just telling my wife what a great guy he is. Funny. He is a gun guy. Weird because Russo seems like a good guy also.

My guess is if Russo knew Sgt Fox the way I do he would have a lot of respect for him. If nothing else I admire that he raised an awesome son.

One thing to consider is that an officer coming into a situation has a limited amount of info or even info that is wrong. I find JPSO to be pretty good in my dealings with them. They aren't perfect, but I like them way better than criminals.

I am not into open carry. I think it open up more problems than it solves.

I will be on the phone with Sgt Fox later today or so to thank him for something he did. Small world.

Last edited:

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    I carry a pistol on me frequently. Never had this happen. I wonder if the fact that it's concealed has anything to do with that? :confused:

From previous posts and news reports most open carry advocates should not be surprised when this happens. There are uneducated LEO's and business owners that don't want OC in their establishment. I have a physical therapy clinic and if a patient comes in with an exposed sidearm I will ask him/her to conceal it or put it in their vehicle. I am as 2A as the next gun owner. But some people feel uncomfortable around strangers toting a gun. There is a time and place for everything. We are ambassadors. Let's try to be good ones.

Same here! I've never ONCE been harassed about packing heat...wonder why so many people here catch flak about it....hmmmmmmm...

I'm with you, I really don't trust people I don't know with a freakin' toothpick, much less a firearm. I understand that other people have just as much right to carry as I do, but to see the gun out in the open worries me. I know criminals are not exactly proponents of open carry, but most of the people I see OC look...unstable. I'm not saying they are, but it just worries me.

This looks like a good place to jump in and mention this...

Several months ago I was at Top Fuel on Airline.
    I was son duty and in uniform.
    As I was walking up to the doors an OC'er came out and when he saw me, he looked like he was going to **** himself and scurried off to his vehicle.

I ignored him and walked on in.

If that OC'er is on this board my advice to him is to chill out a little.
    Acting the way you did only attracts attention to yourself.

And to the guy with the red F250 at Home Depot on Coursey, nice try on baiting me, but as you found out, I know the law.

Nice. If you don't have the balls to do it in front of a LEO, you probably shouldn't be doing it at all.

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    Its strange, I manage a restaurant and have never said a word to people who chose to open carry inside (& the restaurant has never established any guidelines for it either), but I can certainly see a colleague of mine freaking out if witnessing someone open carrying.

I do have to admit I have a slight feeling of anxiety upon seeing strangers open carry. If you're going to carry regularly my feeling is that you should probably go ahead and take the effort to get your CHP and conceal it. I can definitely foresee people who aren't as comfortable with firearms calling the law because they fear what they don't understand.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    It's funny, I move seamlessly from social situation, to business, from restaurant, to drug store, to hardware store, etc. and no one ever says anything...

Maybe it's because I DON'T FEEL THE NEED TO ADVERTISE THAT I'M CARRYING A GUN.

Open carry doesn't make bad guys **** themselves, it makes soccer moms and grandmas **** themselves.

Open carry says to the bad guy that YOU are the first target if **** goes South.

WEAR THAT TARGET PROUD YOUNG MAN!

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    I consider Sgt Fox a friend. Matter of fact I was just telling my wife what a great guy he is. Funny. He is a gun guy. Weird because Russo seems like a good guy also.

My guess is if Russo knew Sgt Fox the way I do he would have a lot of respect for him. If nothing else I admire that he raised an awesome son.

One thing to consider is that an officer coming into a situation has a limited amount of info or even info that is wrong. I find JPSO to be pretty good in my dealings with them. They aren't perfect, but I like them way better than criminals.

I am not into open carry. I think it open up more problems than it solves.

I will be on the phone with Sgt Fox later today or so to thank him for something he did. Small world.

once they checked my record, the serial number on the gun, and my last 3 years of tax returns, the officers chilled out... of course initially, they did to the typical strong arm approach.. my beef is not so much the police in general, but the store owner, off duty officer, and the one older officer with glasses demanding my ID and Social Security Number along with their attitudes... being i was not a suspect of a crime or operating a motor vehicle, they didn't have reasonable cause to force me to produce it, but what was i going to do? fist fight them outside of an ice cream shop?

Last edited:

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Why, Why, pray-tell, would anyone from B-S even want to enter a place named "Tutti-Fruitti", anyway ?

leV

EXACTLY

5753ghfdlx8birbxx.jpg

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    I carry a pistol on me frequently. Never had this happen. I wonder if the fact that it's concealed has anything to do with that? :confused:

From previous posts and news reports most open carry advocates should not be surprised when this happens. There are uneducated LEO's and business owners that don't want OC in their establishment. But some people feel uncomfortable around strangers toting a gun. There is a time and place for everything. We are ambassadors. Let's try to be good ones.

WAY too much logic in your post ............ at least more than the typical, evangelical, open carry proponent will be able to comprehend.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    but what was i going to do? fist fight them outside of an ice cream shop?
    You probably should have bladed at a 45, with your hand on your weapon and declared in a very loud and firm voice that you know your rights, and you do NOT have to produce your drivers license since you were not driving!

G

gunguy11

Some of you "girls" need to get the sand out your vagina.
    What should I do? I'm only 20. Should I not be able to open carry and protect myself without being accused of looking for attention.
    (I do not carry everywhere and where unnecessary I also do not blatantly display and try to "show off" my "piece".

Top Bottom