Bad news from Marksville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    My assessment is spot on. This child murder is only being charged because someone who wasn't in on the hit recorded the incident. If there was no video of what went down, those who put LE on a pedestal would keep on with the line that "he obviously deserved it" because they totally buy into the lie that LE is infallible. If someone won't be charged for murder without video of the incident, what makes anyone believe that person will be charged with a lesser crime minus video.

Lol. Do you ever read your dumb ass statements? Why are you so scared of everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    My assessment is spot on. This child murder is only being charged because someone who wasn't in on the hit recorded the incident. If there was no video of what went down, those who put LE on a pedestal would keep on with the line that "he obviously deserved it" because they totally buy into the lie that LE is infallible. If someone won't be charged for murder without video of the incident, what makes anyone believe that person will be charged with a lesser crime minus video.

Unless you're a LEO in the area and are privy to information about the case that the rest of us are not then you're assessment is not only not spot on but completely irrelevant as very little information has been leaked to the public. When I read you're post I can't help but remember something that most people learn at a very early age....."if you don't have anything good to say then keep you're mouth shut". The adult version of that is "if you don't know what you're talking about keep you're mouth shut".

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Lol. Do you ever read your dumb ass statements? Why are you so scared of everything?

I cant speak for this guy nor would I be interested in trying but my personal fear is, as a nation created for of and by the peeps we have ceded too much control to the government who the gives it to un-elected people. Now +90% of the officers I have dealt with were professionals and not a-holes, probably closer to 99%. As a whole cops are good decent people who pin on a badge a go to work to fight the good fight, but thats not the point for me. I'm a good a decent person too, I put on my slacks a polo and go to work a do what I can for my company. Don't risk my life to protect my employer(s) but I have an excellent service record.

Now you and I are at odds with one another, maybe we arm wrestled and things got out of hand and one of us got our tail whipped. I dont know who, probably me, but now there is bad blood. Two days later I'm pulled over on suspision of whatever maybe I bobbled in my lane while adjusting the a/c, next thing I know I'm sitting in lockup and the arrest report says I dont know I had bricks of coke sitting the floor board. You and I are the only ones who know the true story and our stories couldnt be more different.

Now unless I'm the "perp" (or maybe the victim) I will naturally side with the officer's story because the officer's stories are almost always without fault, but if only you and I know weather or not there was really coke in my car is justice truely done? Especially since we believe you are innocent until proven otherwise.

I know I took a long unrealistic road to get here but my point is, there has been a shift in dynamics from our founding principals the we where to be a self sufficient, self governing, group of people to where we are (and have been since before my time) a governed people who get a say so only on election day. A that usually doesnt make much difference either.

Again my scenario is rediclous! Could it happen? probably. Has it happened? Possibly but not to me. Will it happen to me or anyone here? Not likely.

Just to drive my point a little further. What if this Few guy had his gun in the car and when these two officers who did all the shooting he returned fire and killed the officers. And lets say there were no other witnesses. Mr. Few would be charge with killing two cops and be would we ready to convict before the officers were burried.

Again I do not believe what took place in Marksville reflects the behavior of any other officers but the trust and power we bestow on our government to empower un-elected officials would make our founders roll over in their graves.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I cant speak for this guy nor would I be interested in trying but my personal fear is, as a nation created for of and by the peeps we have ceded too much control to the government who the gives it to un-elected people. Now +90% of the officers I have dealt with were professionals and not a-holes, probably closer to 99%. As a whole cops are good decent people who pin on a badge a go to work to fight the good fight, but thats not the point for me. I'm a good a decent person too, I put on my slacks a polo and go to work a do what I can for my company. Don't risk my life to protect my employer(s) but I have an excellent service record.

Now you and I are at odds with one another, maybe we arm wrestled and things got out of hand and one of us got our tail whipped. I dont know who, probably me, but now there is bad blood. Two days later I'm pulled over on suspision of whatever maybe I bobbled in my lane while adjusting the a/c, next thing I know I'm sitting in lockup and the arrest report says I dont know I had bricks of coke sitting the floor board. You and I are the only ones who know the true story and our stories couldnt be more different.

Now unless I'm the "perp" (or maybe the victim) I will naturally side with the officer's story because the officer's stories are almost always without fault, but if only you and I know weather or not there was really coke in my car is justice truely done? Especially since we believe you are innocent until proven otherwise.

I know I took a long unrealistic road to get here but my point is, there has been a shift in dynamics from our founding principals the we where to be a self sufficient, self governing, group of people to where we are (and have been since before my time) a governed people who get a say so only on election day. A that usually doesnt make much difference either.

Again my scenario is rediclous! Could it happen? probably. Has it happened? Possibly but not to me. Will it happen to me or anyone here? Not likely.

Just to drive my point a little further. What if this Few guy had his gun in the car and when these two officers who did all the shooting he returned fire and killed the officers. And lets say there were no other witnesses. Mr. Few would be charge with killing two cops and be would we ready to convict before the officers were burried.

Again I do not believe what took place in Marksville reflects the behavior of any other officers but the trust and power we bestow on our government to empower un-elected officials would make our founders roll over in their graves.

You lost me with that one. Are you trying to say police have too much power?

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River

You do realize that in this country our entire judicial system requires that law enforcement has to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt? In this country our system would rather have 10 guilty go free than have 1 innocent be wrongly imprisoned. Do you get this?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    You lost me with that one. Are you trying to say police have too much power?

Its more navel gaising than anything but yes and not just police. In the unlikely event a "bad egg with power" does something illegal to an other citizen he has a greater chance of getting away with it, because of is appointed position is backed by rule of law. Remember the the IRS was used to hassle conserivative organisations.

Please keep in mind I am coparing you to a tax auditor. I'm trying to show that the relationship beteen the American people as private citizens to their governments fed and otherwise is not the relationship our founding fathers intended.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    You do realize that in this country our entire judicial system requires that law enforcement has to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt? In this country our system would rather have 10 guilty go free than have 1 innocent be wrongly imprisoned. Do you get this?

Yes but in my weired scenario beyond a shadow of a doubt for most reasonable folks would be evidenced by a brick of coke and the word of an officer with an excellet service record. Now thd burden is on the defendent to prove weather or not it was a setup.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Yes but in my weired scenario beyond a shadow of a doubt for most reasonable folks would be evidenced by a brick of coke and the word of an officer with an excellet service record. Now thd burden is on the defendent to prove weather or not it was a setup.

WTF are you talking about? Why are you just making up scenarios and looking for real answers? I don't get it

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River

I get it now. Don't know how I missed it before. STOP WATCHING COP MOVIES!!

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    WTF are you talking about? Why are you just making up scenarios and looking for real answers? I don't get it

Psh.... You know all cops have bricks of cocaine laying around the car to plant on someone we got into an argument with. And you know how rarely cops get into arguments.

kibb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Lafayette, La
    Simple to understand. Your word against a crooked cop. The courts will believe his words, due to his oath to the city, parish, state..., over a private citizen.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Simple to understand. Your word against a crooked cop. The courts will believe his words, due to his oath to the city, parish, state..., over a private citizen.

I get it, WTF DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING????

kibb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Lafayette, La
    Calm down. The guy stated his concerns and made it clear it doesn't concern this case. He was making a point that the government is gaining more control over citizens. With more control and politics there is more corruption. With corruption people with connections get off with lesser punishment for crimes committed. Crimes committed that can stem from personal vendettas.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Calm down. The guy stated his concerns and made it clear it doesn't concern this case. He was making a point that the government is gaining more control over citizens. With more control and politics there is more corruption. With corruption people with connections get off with lesser punishment for crimes committed. Crimes committed that can stem from personal vendettas.

Lol im calm, just really trying to figure out what is the point of making up scenarios that are severely far fetched. I'm done with this thread as usual. Cops arrest cops, and we play the what if game because some people aren't satisfied with anything LE does. So goes the current BS site. I guess we can always combine bayoushooter with infowars and save some people the trouble of switching between websites.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Even in light of this on going investigation, with the weather vane pointing the the way it is, there are some who still can't stop being sacrosanct for a moment to realize that some are trying to have a discussion. Why must every discussion become something personal? Example:
    Psh.... You know all cops have bricks of cocaine laying around the car to plant on someone we got into an argument with. And you know how rarely cops get into arguments

No. I'd assume most all cops don't drive around with bricks of cocaine in their cruisers waiting to frame people, but then again incontinence think most cops would (allegedly) shoot a man with his hands up and his son to boot.
    I think the point the previous poster was trying to make was if this man had defended himself (perhaps rightfully) then his word would have amounted to next to nothing compared to the cops. Take a wild guess who's word would be more valued by a jury.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom