Bad news from Marksville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Even in light of this on going investigation, with the weather vane pointing the the way it is, there are some who still can't stop being sacrosanct for a moment to realize that some are trying to have a discussion. Why must every discussion become something personal? Example:
    Psh.... You know all cops have bricks of cocaine laying around the car to plant on someone we got into an argument with. And you know how rarely cops get into arguments

Because a post above stated something so ridiculously far fetched in his story and stated in his hypothetical situation that a cop planted bricks of cocaine on the floor of his car. I can make up situations that lean in my favor as well just to try to make a point. It doesn't mean ****.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Even in light of this on going investigation, with the weather vane pointing the the way it is, there are some who still can't stop being sacrosanct for a moment to realize that some are trying to have a discussion. Why must every discussion become something personal? Example:
    Psh.... You know all cops have bricks of cocaine laying around the car to plant on someone we got into an argument with. And you know how rarely cops get into arguments

No. I'd assume most all cops don't drive around with bricks of cocaine in their cruisers waiting to frame people, but then again incontinence think most cops would (allegedly) shoot a man with his hands up and his son to boot.
    I think the point the previous poster was trying to make was if this man had defended himself (perhaps rightfully) then his word would have amounted to next to nothing compared to the cops. Take a wild guess who's word would be more valued by a jury.

Ultimately, that is what I got from it too.

Exactly

Yes my scenario was off the wall I certain I made that clear from the begining. Sometimes exagerated and silly examples work best maybe not here. I'm glad to see at least two people got my point.

kibb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Lafayette, La
    No need to guess. It's the one who 99.99999% of the time tells the truth. Not the one trying to get himself out of trouble.

This should read, " It's the one who is ASSUMMED to tell the truth 99.99999% of the time" in this scenario because he pointing out the fact there are rogues out there.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux

Eighth amendment. Just as important as the first and second amendment. Any attempt to keep him in jail if he can make bond would be punitive, and he hasn't been convicted of anything.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    If this particular scenario hadn't had another officer there (with a body cam) and it was only the one with the personal grudge, how would we be looking at this scenario? Would the narrative be "cop with grudge kills child while trying to kill a man" (this is speculation at the moment obviously) or would it be "Child dies while father attempts to run from and attacks police officers with his vehicle"?

I understand the HYPOTHETICAL point the guy was trying to make, although this is not a case that involves innocent citizens being framed with bricks of coke. Maybe this thread is not the best place to discuss this topic, but we all know how a thread titled "Crooked Cops vs Innocent Civilians, Who's Wins in Court" would blow over on this site right? :dogkeke:

Do crooked cops exists? LEO would know this answer better than myself obviously. I believe they are not as common as many would have us believe. Wherever there is power, there is inevitably going to be corruption but that doesn't make corruption a norm to people in power.

I have faith in LEO. I have faith they will do the right thing when dealing with citizens and when dealing with LEO who step out of line and break the law. I believe this case is an example of LEO breaking the law and being caught red handed. They will be charged and see their day in court, and I have faith the justice system will find the truth.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    This should read, " It's the one who is ASSUMMED to tell the truth 99.99999% of the time" in this scenario because he pointing out the fact there are rogues out there.

Exactly and as a reasonable person I would be one who believed the rogue cop from my story. I mean if the only person we have to contradict the story of the cop was a man charge with posession, its a no brainer right. Someone who doesnt want to go to jail could, would and many have lied to try to save their bacon.

But this is really only one portion of a much bigger picture. As an accountant I spend a lot of time dealing with bogus tax notices. Usually some button presser/cog in a machine hits a wrong key and now their "system" says you you owe 7 years of franchise tax in a state you have been registered in in 20+ years. Now guess who has to provide proof. The tax payer.

The governed always have to prove themselves inocent when the governers are doing the accusing. Even if the one governing is a pos computer system that someone poked the wrong button.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Because a post above stated something so ridiculously far fetched in his story and stated in his hypothetical situation that a cop planted bricks of cocaine on the floor of his car. I can make up situations that lean in my favor as well just to try to make a point. It doesn't mean ****.

Ever read animal farm? It wasn't really about farm animals. My story while entertaining (maybe only to myself) has nothing to do with the posibility of a dirty cop planting drugs on an innocent man. It was an editorial on how a up standing citizen can be at the mercy of a dirty cop, a cop with less than stellar judgement, a cop who just doesn't like your bumper sticker and "wants to teach him/her a lesson". Now the same can be said about anyone with power and that my friend is my biggest point.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Could it be that like so much other property it's so under assessed that on paper it's not worth $1,000,000? Don't want to pay those high taxes.

Just my wild guess is. Daddy is Asst. DA he knows that Jr. will be convicted on 2nd Degree Murder. http://legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=78398
    Daddy tell Jr. look son you're going to spend the rest of your life in Angola and you're a LEO and you murdered a poor 6 year old child. You will have a really rough life in the big house and you murdered a child.

Daddy gets him out on bail. Jr. off's himself and Daddy gets his property back.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    To Mr. Charlie 12 about your comment about this individual spending his life in Angola. Ain't going to happen. LEO's & Politicians are prosecuted on Federal charges and sent to Federal detention centers so they don't spend time with the general populace of state centers where they can be retaliated against.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Could it be that like so much other property it's so under assessed that on paper it's not worth $1,000,000? Don't want to pay those high taxes.

Just my wild guess is. Daddy is Asst. DA he knows that Jr. will be convicted on 2nd Degree Murder. http://legis.la.gov/Legis/Law.aspx?d=78398
    Daddy tell Jr. look son you're going to spend the rest of your life in Angola and you're a LEO and you murdered a poor 6 year old child. You will have a really rough life in the big house and you murdered a child.

Good plan, now if he'd take out his associate too, think of the money he'd save US.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Not very likely! This guy is beginning to sound like a sociopath that stepped up to psychopath and carried both around interchangeably. If anything, he cuts of the GPS and runs.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Indicted for 2 rapes, but dismissed?!? We know where we are at with this current accusation. I want a real journalist to follow the trail of how we got here. How far up the ladder does this dude's influence go?

Maybe his dad needs to be investigated!

Yeah it would be interesting to see how many times daddy help swept stuff under the rug.

Top Bottom