Barney's Indoor Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I'd rather shoot in the great outdoors at Sherburne. As of now, my Barney's membership has lapsed, and I've been a member off and on since 99 or so.

As for worse ranges, I remember shooting at one in Baker that had a pile of sand indoors as part of their backstop. Some gang banger wannabe tried to purchase my Norinco MAK90 from me thinking I would be impressed with the eight $100 bills he dropped down in front of me. Some people...

WSM

Bullseye
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    I was in Lafayette about a month ago, at the sporting goods store at the corner of Ambasadore Caffery and Johnston street, The guy inside told me about Barneys.... He said it was an indoor range, But had Rifle lanes. When I think Rifle Lanes, I'm thinking 100 yards (My mistake) The next week, I bring my pistol with me thinking I could shoot 100 yards, and do a little target practicing, So I called Barneys, to get directions etc.... The shop keeper was very courtious, and said they had 4 rifle lanes which were $28.00 dollars an hour to rent, Half hour minimum, and the pistol range was $17.00 dollars all day, or hours of opperation I guess, He asked about my rifle caliber, and then explained the rifle range was 25 yards. I couldn't imagine a 25 yard rifle lane, so I never went, glad now I didn't.

Last time I went to Honey Island shooting range, I had reloaded some rounds for shooting groups, hunting loads, 3 Round groups, 8 minuites apart. Range Master asks me 10,000 questions about my pistol, caliber etc, Then after shooting the first 3 round group, asks me all about the intervals in which I am shooting, why, and as i'm measuring groups, he asks me another barage of questions as to what i'm doing, I just explained my system to the range master of my process of reloading and finding the right combination, and oal etc for my pistol, and what I was looking for in a hunting bullet. I waited til the range turned hot, and shot my next 3 rounds, 24 minuites Left my breech open, some guy comes out their in the middle of the session with a semi automatic rifle, and the range officer puts him right side of me, still no problem, apparently told the guy go ahead and shoot while were hot, so while the range is hot, the guy gets his semi automatic rifle out, gets up to the firing line, and begins blasting my target, because he didnt have a target up, I look up from what i'm doing, see, dirt flying everywhere from behind my target. I wait until the range turns cold about 5 minuites later, pack up my gun, put all the sandbags etc back in my rangebag, ammo etc...... and begin to leave, The Range Master asks me if I'm done already, So I explain to the guy what all is involved in finding the perfect round for my pistol, thinking he got it the first go around, Just to find he puts a guy to the range without a target and lets him blast away on anything standing. I havent been back to Honey Island since that day. They really need some qualified people out there, IMHO.

Now I shoot at Tallow Creek in Mandeville. i've found that Mike is very safety concience. During the week their arent many shooters, I pretty much do my thing, Unbothered, and find the guys that come out their are regulars, Have been around firearms a good bit, ask a few questions, and generally do their thing and let you do yours. When I'm not shooting groups etc... I can always shoot skeet and trap, and always enjoy the time out their just the same. He has pistol lanes, rifle lanes and skeet, Trap, and sporting clay ranges. Really good people, But of course I couldn't tell you anything about the place on the weekend, Other than I hear its jammed, and have many tournaments there.

Wish I could find a range like Tallow Creek in Slidell. Seems we all are looking for a better place, close to home.

ragincajun1919

Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Sep 23, 2009
    Lafayette, La
    I literally just returned home from Barneys. I usually try to go during the week in the late morning so as to avoid being around other people there. Even so early in the morning, there was such a cloud of smoke in the range, that it was choking. It is horrible there, and best part, the clerk asked me if I wanted to renew my membership becuase it expires in a few weeks, i told him no way.

JumpmanUSC

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 23, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Those wanting to shoot in or around Lafayette
    need to come and check out the Lafayette Parish
    Sheriff's range. It's free, outdoors and did I say free?
    All you need is 30 minutes of orientation your first
    visit and you'd be good to go. Other than that, bring with
    you a working firearm, ammo, targets (paper only), something
    to drink and a safety first attitude to enjoy your day at the
    range.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    The LPSO Range is really nice but the hours of operation totally suck just like the one in New Iberia, great ranges but only open to public for short period of time with lots of volume of people.

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    G.S you still pass through Franklin. I ended up going to that range and it is set up real nice. I can see myself over there alot.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    G.S you still pass through Franklin. I ended up going to that range and it is set up real nice. I can see myself over there alot.

I havent had time yet to make it there, been traveling to BR a lot to make the practice matches on monday and wednesday, Im planning on buying a reloading machine really really SOON, shooting so much every week is kiling the bank so I need to start reloading my own.

I will be back on land in a week maybe we can make a little trip to check it out, maybe we can convince the RO to let us setup a stage if nobody is there.

LSUFoolsball69

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Slidell
    So what are the prices? Like do they charge by stalls or how many people you have? Also what ammo isn't allowed? I have some monarch brass but I want to make sure before I plan to go this weekend. I got my T2 class! :(

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I think its like $17.00 per lane, and $10 per extra person using your lane, no steel, no aluminum. They dont like you shooting the cheap brass either I had some Blazer Brass and they told me I couldnt shoot that either since Blazer is in their NO BRAND list, so is Wolf and Bear.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Its one of those places where they get to sell "your" brass, so they totally hate heaving to clean the bays, in fact most of the time you get to clean the bay before you shoot since nobody does it, fkin sucks.

LSUFoolsball69

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Slidell
    I talked with the girl and she said it was like 14 extra person. I am not gonna go cause i have alot of Monarch brass and don't feel like arguing with people! you want my Business you make it easy for me to come! that is reason why i don't go to Fitz in Slidell at all! hand reload are worst than Steel any day!

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    I was pretty disgusted the last time I was there. Broken target clips, poor lighting, poor ventilation. I'm not a member but have gone several times as a guest of a member and they didn't charge me. The last time I went it was 2 members, myself and another non-member as a group. They charged me and the other non-member $17.00 or so plus tax as I recall. It was 30something bucks for the two of us. Kinda ticked me off!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GregGlockGreg
    Top Bottom