Bayou Shooter Upgrade

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle John

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Leesville Louisiana
    I have been a fan of Bayou Shooter now for quite a while and would like to see it upgraded, to included pictorial articles from some of the experts that are indigenous to the site. Being a pro outdoor writer I find some very talented writers on bayou shooter. What would be nice is to have them write feature articles on chosen topics with photographs. I think it would be very popular.

In order to do this the site needs an upgrade as well. Certainly as a forum it is next to none but a look at outdoor websites by Foremost Media will let the owners see what Bayou Shooter could be in the future. With the expertise of the guys on Bayou Shooter such a website could out class something like Louisiana Sportsmen which needs a little competition anyway. Have a look at Foremost Hunting.com Gamebirdhunts.com and the website for The American Crossbow Association and you will get an idea of what Bayou Shooter can be if you like. Tell them Uncle John sent you and Pass it on.

Last edited:

Swami

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Monroe
    Graphic-intensive websites suck for slower net connections or most phones. The site as it is rocks for information, social interaction, and a marketplace; it's a really good example for what it is. I'd compare BS to the High Road, an informative no-frills gathering place for the like minded, rather than to a site which seems to teach or entertain the visitors. I don't feel "talked down to" on BS, or THR; instead I feel I'm in a group of friends.

If it ain't broke don't fix it? :D

Tadpole

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Denham Springs, La
    " I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."

Kinda has that ring to it anyhow.

I think there is a democrat in the house?

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I believe the thing that sets BS apart from the others IS the close-knit, small-community atmosphere it has. There are many personal friendships that have been forged here- and there isn't really that much that doesn't get discussed. In that way, it is very much like family or VERY close friends.

I'm of the opinion most would not favor tinkering with that.

Just my .02.....:)

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Forums are set up the way they are for a reason. Information can be discussed on topic (usually), filed, sorted, and searched.

I love writing, reading, and respect the opinions given by real experts in articles and reports, but have found that most published authors have a problem and take offense when their opinions are criticized in an open forum. Writing an article is meant to provide a "take it or leave it" option to the reader. Although there are some amazing shooters on BS, I know of only a couple who can articulate their experience down on paper with the humility that needs to be given for the reader to accept it. If anyone wants to write a piece then open up a new thread, write it, put up all the pretty pictures you want, and judge from the either the "Thank you" responses or the "crickets" or worse, "tomatoes", as to whether you should write another one.

No need to waste resources, time, and bandwidth to glorify some gloating schmuck who could have wrote the same thing without all the hype.

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I also like the way it is, too, as well. If anything I would like to see it have less forums. A lot of the less active forums could be merged. It's hard to navigate with so many places to go.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    As good as the idea might sound, and eventhough YES I agree that there is a lof of talent and knowledge on this site, it is hard enough as it is for the Mods to keep up with the BS of some members. I would hate to see what would happen if things would change like the other sites that were mentioned.

I would just be a hang out spot for people to do nothing but kill time without heaving nothing to contribute, but then again thats just a personal opinion.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I'll give another Nay vote to change the format of BS.com. Why reinvent the wheel and try to be like somebody else when that role is already filled by it's predecessor? In this case, why emulate Louisiana Sportsmen when LS already exists and someone else then has to come along to build a new Louisiana shooting forum?

Splash

Resident Basket Case
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Sulphur, La
    I also like the way it is, too, as well. If anything I would like to see it have less forums. A lot of the less active forums could be merged. It's hard to navigate with so many places to go.

You mean there's other forums besides New Posts
    No need to waste resources, time, and bandwidth to glorify some gloating schmuck who could have wrote the same thing without all the hype.

^this^

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom