Being a good samaritan

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    Man shot while helping robbery victim

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/latest/106856479.html?showAll=y&c=y
    http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=13459941

13459941_BG1.jpg

13459941_BG3.JPG

:)

Last edited:

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    A robber with a gun, gold teeth and a hooded sweatshirt?!?! Stop your lyin' ways. :D

Hope he's o.k., seriously. I appreciate his willingness to protect. This place is no good after dark.

m4a34u

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2009
    Erath
    Hope he is ok, but we need more people like him doing the right thing.

I will pray for him.

Bill

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Katrina's damage will continue well beyond flat screens for the homeless....

I don't follow Houston news but what little I see...the big 9th is alive and well there too

No way for me to know what else is riding the waves of all this...MS 13 and the like to be sure, when I watch Gangland on A&E I think about all this stuff.

I hear tell that a large part of every parish's economy is from drug trafficking

http://prisonplanet.tv/video-reports/catherine-austin-fitts-the-looting-of-america.html

I D K
    L 8 R

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Katrina's damage will continue well beyond flat screens for the homeless....

I don't follow Houston news but what little I see...the big 9th is alive and well there too

No way for me to know what else is riding the waves of all this...MS 13 and the like to be sure, when I watch Gangland on A&E I think about all this stuff.

I hear tell that a large part of every parish's economy is from drug trafficking

http://prisonplanet.tv/video-reports/catherine-austin-fitts-the-looting-of-america.html
    L 8 R
    BR had these problems before Katrina, and Houston has always been a criminal active city.

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    You write a letter to the BRPD (or whatever government agency you're seeking info from). Your letter should be specific as to what info you are requesting. On the outside of the letter mark it attention to the FOIA officer. You may be charged a small fee to cover the cost of paper copies, etc.

Make sure to put good contact info. Some agencies will call if they have a question about your request. I wouldn't expect an overnight answer but it's the law that your request get appropriate action and a response.

Coastie Paul

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Slidell, LA
    Oh, this gentleman would have been better off just being a good witness instead of risking his life when lives were no longer in danger. Get a description, license plate number, etc but don't get shot.

HRBR1800

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    You write a letter to the BRPD (or whatever government agency you're seeking info from). Your letter should be specific as to what info you are requesting. On the outside of the letter mark it attention to the FOIA officer. You may be charged a small fee to cover the cost of paper copies, etc.

Make sure to put good contact info. Some agencies will call if they have a question about your request. I wouldn't expect an overnight answer but it's the law that your request get appropriate action and a response.

That seems like a good way to get your question lost in the shuffle. I have gotten FOIA requests back in less than 48 hours from agencies that have their records digitized. Find out the name of the individual responsible for handling FOIA requests, usually its someone named "legal department", and send them an email directly once you have informed them of its pending arrival. Sometimes you can just scoot around the formal FOIA request if you just have a simple question that doesn't require the transfer of large files.

FWIW the USCG is an amazingly annoying gov entity to deal with. This is off topic but whatever. Why do they try and make me submit a FOIA request to get the official number on a vessel? I know damn well if i call enough stations some petty officer will throw it to me over the phone without having to mail 20 bones to W. Va.

Golden-Eagle

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Mandeville
    Difficult decision to consider. Most people would probably freeze in place. Crime in BR is certainly up post K. Like all major cities, avoid the known areas late at night and travel in Groups. Thoughts and Prayers to the young man.

LA_Huntsman

Call of Booty
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    St. Joseph
    I'm not saying I would or would not intervene if the situation presented itself but you can rest assure that if I was in a place where I *might* get shot doing it I will be doing it with my weapon drawn.

Top Bottom