BS Ban

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I had a friend ask me this week if I would sell him a dozen AR mags as he only had two or three and I had "plenty". I flat out told him "no thanks". He got pissy and said "what if I cant get anymore?". Sorry bro, I love you and all but when you were spending money on big screen TV's and an upgraded stereo for your truck I was buying this stuff. Dont think just because your priorities changed in light of the current scare that I'm willing to give you what I planned ahead for. I'm not buying into the "scare" or anything but as far as I know I may never be able to get more, at least not at the $9.00 a mag price I paid (and he wanted me to sell them at). I pointed him in the direction on Gunbroker. He was pissed that I wasnt being a "good friend". I was pissed that he was trying to low ball me and guilt me into giving in. Oh well.

Nothing but a bad friend there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    So, if I made a few grand on gun broker today, no one here would get mad at me? It's not like I'd pull a stunt like that here.
    I profited during the Bill Clinton days and I never felt bad about it. If the ignorant wanna be the grasshopper and ignore the times of plent, then turn around and panic buy at the last minute and beyond, I will profit and smile. Wouldn't put the screw to a neighbor, friend or BS member but if the grasshopper comes running, waving cash, I will shamelessly sell him the magic beans

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I'm all for the free market and letting it determine prices. However, I thought we were a gun community of like minded individuals who looked out for each other. Not a bunch of opportunistic profiteers. That said I never once considered putting my p-mags, ammo, etc. in the classified at a ridiculous price. My parents raised me to be better than that. Personally, I feel it is a reflection of a persons character how they handle their business in times like this.
    I agree with Charles

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Nothing but a bad friend there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

It is what it is. If Zombies were walking the earth I would have given him some for free. If his family needed food, same thing. But mags are not "necessary". It's not like he CAN'T get them. It's just that's he's too cheap to pay what today's market asks. He should have listened to me four years ago and again a month ago.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Can we ban the dicks who sign up to sell PMags for over $25!

So, let me get this straight:

I've been telling people to stock up since 2004, been telling them it was coming, organised/helped organise group buys on here, spotted people money to take advantage of the deals...

And in the last week I've hooked up 8 friends and friends of friends with Sub $100 AR lowers because they were not smart enough to take advantage of it when I organised a group buy of HUNDREDS a few months ago.....
    And I spent MY MONEY, and tied up MY MONEY for months in some...

And you think I should not only post them up here for the same price (Or some of you restrict what I can make) and ME take the hit on inflation, risk, lost opportunity etc...
    That's like ME PAYING to help STRANGERS buy something.

-And no, I do not intend on posting or selling the ones I have left.

But I DID put up a post on here charging a $50 per rifle fee to those of you who have been IGNORING what we have said for the last 8 years...

So those of you who are mad you didn't listen and want to blame others... and didn't drive junkers like me, eat cheap like me, live cheap like me etc...

You'd better add me to your "list"!:rolleyes:

Oh, and I EXPECT that ALL of you who complain... when you make some gains in the stock-market... I expect you to act like you are demanding others act and sell me those stocks at the "Old Price"

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    But you also don't see him offering anything up on the cheap either

And you won't. If I sold certain members P-mags/ammo at a reasonable price. They would turn around and overcharge other members. I have what I need and do not care to part with it. If I had surplus supplies I know who I would/wouldn't sell it to.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    BS members look out for each other. When we did the group buys for New Frontier lowers I know over 100 were purchased, oh at $80 each SHIPPED with only a $10 transfer fee. Complete Spikes uppers for under $400. You could have had a sub $500 AR15 with Irons. I am glad I am working on finishing out my AK projects and glad I purchased everything before the storm. Now if I just had all those AK mags I use to have...

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    BS members look out for each other. When we did the group buys for New Frontier lowers I know over 100 were purchased, oh at $80 each SHIPPED with only a $10 transfer fee. Complete Spikes uppers for under $400. You could have had a sub $500 AR15 with Irons. I am glad I am working on finishing out my AK projects and glad I purchased everything before the storm. Now if I just had all those AK mags I use to have...

I wish I had the thousand I almost bought at $8 a copy a year or so ago. But, traditional investment thinking got the better of me. :wtc:
    Yes, I would be profiting, NOT profiteering.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    To all the naysayers of a free market who want $10 pmags in stock and $90 per case ammo, I propose this. Do you have any apple, Microsoft or google stick? What about gold or silver? I think those things are terribly inflated in price and would like to buy some, but not at today's market value. I will give you $300 per ounce of gold, $4 per ounce of silver and whatever apple stock was valued at 15 years ago. In return, I will sell you my current inventory of pmags for $10 each and my .223 ammo for $4 per box as this is what I paid for it when I bought it.
    Deal?

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Nomad and others I certainly do appreciate what y'all have done in the past trying to help others understand that things one day may change.
    I am content with the supplies I have on hand and was in no way looking to buy mags ammo or anything else of that nature. I placed an order for mags a couple days before the tragic shooting took place, my order consisted of 2 for my Sig 229 and 1 for my G22. I felt and still feel this was all I was lacking.
    My words could have been chosen differently but I wanted to convey my feelings towards those who recently signed up just to try to sell items at extremely elevated prices. If that's your business I do understand trying to maximize profits when and where you can. But I feel a kinship towards fellow board members here, though we may have differing views and opinions from time to time we all came here because of our common interests.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I wish I had the thousand I almost bought at $8 a copy a year or so ago. But, traditional investment thinking got the better of me. :wtc:
    Yes, I would be profiting, NOT profiteering.

I've got about 900...

Although I'll be about 70 down come the 25th.

And I paid $5 each and I'm selling them for $13.... I helped put the word out so Copes sold 13,000 @ $5 per in 5 days...

SO if you didn't want to buy them from them, or from me now for $13...

Well I'll sell you 100 P mags for $75 ALL DAY LONG (120-140 anyway... that's about all I have!)
    -Anyone foolish enough to do that just send me a PM! :mamoru:

And yes, when I make a profit from my hobby I DO declare it on my taxes!

X Zombie

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    NOLA
    There are stripped lowers on GB with the auction taking them over $500. OMG! Why would anyone want to post a gouging ad on here when they can put it on GB and let the consumer gouge themselves?

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I've got about 900...

Although I'll be about 70 down come the 25th.

And I paid $5 each and I'm selling them for $13.... I helped put the word out so Copes sold 13,000 @ $5 per in 5 days...

SO if you didn't want to buy them from them, or from me now for $13...

Well I'll sell you 100 P mags for $75 ALL DAY LONG (120-140 anyway... that's about all I have!)
    -Anyone foolish enough to do that just send me a PM! :mamoru:

And yes, when I make a profit from my hobby I DO declare it on my taxes!

I did pick up quite a few a 8. Just couldn't pull the trigger on the 1000. No guts, no jackpot. Seriously, I may pick some up from you at that price after the holiday. Just paid 15 for some coupla weeks ago. Combloc steel surplus?

Top Bottom