BS Spyderco LINK & CODE INSIDE. **SOLD OUT**

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you be interested in a custom Bayoushooter Spyderco?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

nortac

Cynical Old Codger
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Abita Springs, LA , USA
    I voted like most, depending on cost and design. I don't want a small knife and it should have a plane blade option at least. I'd be partial to a Pacific Salt in tacticool colors.

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    for those that complain of the difficulties of of sharpening the serrated blades, you perhaps do not know of the spyderco sharpening service?

it runs about 2 weeks including shipping, and costs a whopping $5(for return shipping). good for the life of the blade.

i know you cant wear out an edge on the serrated blades as fast as me, i cut tons and tons of poly robe at work, and that eats the edges. i send mine in every 3 months or so.

i figure that will equate to 6-9 months normal usage.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    for those that complain of the difficulties of of sharpening the serrated blades, you perhaps do not know of the spyderco sharpening service?

it runs about 2 weeks including shipping, and costs a whopping $5(for return shipping). good for the life of the blade.

i know you cant wear out an edge on the serrated blades as fast as me, i cut tons and tons of poly robe at work, and that eats the edges. i send mine in every 3 months or so.

i figure that will equate to 6-9 months normal usage.
    I am aware of that policy. I think Benchmade does it, too. However, it takes me less than five minutes to sharpen a plain edge knife, so it's really not worth it to me.

2ridgebacks

316 below zero
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I am in for sure and would also prefer the all metal type (best for cryo). I was checking some prices and they are not bad you can get some in the $50 range. I am in for one in the $100 range and I would get 2 if the price was under $100. I would like partial serrated blade, I think that might be a good compromise for everyone. Anyway great idea.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    If we can get the black and OD color, I'm down for a few.

While we are at it, why not get one with the built in glocktool like lonewolf was selling

Hell yah I completely forgot about that model. Awesome idea nickatnite..... If we make 500+ interested make sure that is brought up again.

if we did that i would not be interested.
    :thumbsdown:

Well this is all the cart before the horse stuff so don't count yourself out. If we go with any other blade model besides the endura I don't think it would be possible anyway.

Last edited:

jarhead57

Gene's Pawn Shop
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    might be able to sell some

Depending on price I might would like to purchase a good amount to sell in my store. (Gene's Pawn shop). I might possibly be interested in at least 20. I am a fan of spyderco and bayoushooter so anything to do to help would be good for me. I also carry a few spyderco's in my shop.

Let me know what you think

thank you,

Aaron

Gene's Pawn Shop
    1528 N Burnside Ave
    Gonzales, LA 70737
    225-644-0601

Home of the $15.00 Firearm Transfer

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    I'm in for at least one, possibly more than one, depending on the cost....

The Adventura (Dialex design) is discontinued and has been for a while, so that rules that out.

I've been a member over at the Spyderco factory forums for a long time and I've seen a lot of forum knife ideas come and go over there.

Ideally, keep it affordable....Best price range is $50-100 with $75 being the median...

The Endura has long been a favorite for this type of venture. The ParaMilitary is great also, but I see price possibly becoming an issue for some and not everyone likes the compression lock.

I would suggest the FRN Native. It's produced in Colorado and it's last incarnation as a forum knife - Spyderco Forum knife 2010 - was a BIG hit and sold out quickly. Price is right where it needs to be too for this model, and it's available in both edge configurations - Plain edge and serrated.

Second, keep the design simple but unique....Pick a unique color handle and laser engrave the blade with the BS logo would be my suggestion. Also, stick with plain edge. Go to overboard with the design and you limit the interest to only a select few.

One final thought is the Ladybug 3 - it's a small keychain size knife, available in various colors, relatively inexpensive, quality steel, blade available in plain or serrated. There's also an H1 (rustproof) steel variation. With the lower price point, you'd have a pretty darn good chance of making the minimum required order amount.

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Agreed.

D2? Very few people have the skill or inclination to keep a D2 blade sharp. I know I don't. Excellent steel, but takes a LOT of effort to keep up.

AUS 8 or S30V would be more realistic, I think.

I have a first-run Military with 440V. Hard to get a good hair-popping edge on it, and when you do it doesn't last. Great knife DESIGN, though a bit too large for comfortable EDC in street clothes. I understand the current ones have better steel.

That ParaMilitary is about perfect, but I highly doubt the price would be low enough to generate much interest. I suspect most of us here are in the same boat; we have plenty of useful knives, and would buy one of these purely for the unusual factor.

Not trying to rain on the parade... but we gotta be realistic about it.

Agreed on the being un-realistic paramilitary 2 with D2 steel and a green anodized titanium frame lock handle. I was just saying we could do anything in theory. I am sure we will end up getting something affordable and useful. I won't do bland however. I would rather say F-it then do bland.

A ton of factors go into making these blades such as where the frames are made as well as what metals can be paired to what frames due to the location. All of this will be ironed out when/if the numbers are obtained.

On blade steel I haven't seen Aus8 used by spyderco in a long time. If you want hair popping you should check out ZDP-189.

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Having organized a ton of group buys - keep it under $50.

Something between the size of the calypso jr and endura.

My favorite carry spyder is the calypso jr...

I have a calypso 3 CFP with ZDP-189 blade it is one of my favorite knives but it might be to small for some of these folks. It is pretty much the delica 4 ffg with a more leaf style blade. If we get the numbers we need I will post pics of my spyderco's to compare the models, sizes, etc. Heck maybe even do a pass around if people are interested. I have pretty much every model suggested except for the paramilitary2.

Last edited:

ruow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Covington, Louisiana
    I would like a pointed folder with a serrated or combo edge. It would need to be long enough to penetrate into a body cavity or else perform spiral cuts on surface tissue.

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I'm a Centofante III fan. The numbers are getting up there.

But to make 600 I think we'll need a promise that Spanky's likeness will be engraved on the blade, so when we are away from the forum at rehab or the range we can open the knife a have an inspirational moment to ourselves.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom