Car You Once Owned and Wish You Had Again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    1. In 1965 I purchased my first new 396 Chevelle.
    2. In 1968 I purchased a new 340 Dart.
    Those would be my favorite two out of the 40 or so I have owned.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    2749698_1960_Chevrolet_Impala_2-Door_Hardtop_Sport_Coupe.jpg

1960 Impala Sport Coupe...289 engine, 4 bbl carb, Powerglide tranny, factory air and Wondrbar radio

images.jpg

1977 Plymouth Road Runner...360 V8 4 bbl police package.
    Nice Impala....:bigok: I had a 66 Impala SS 2door hard top with 425hp 427 engine!! Miss the old sleeper!!!!!!!

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Without a doubt, it would be my "Ole Yeller", a 1973 I-H Scout-II. It had a big 345ci engine, like the large beer trucks, so many gear options, a PTO, factory Buick Limited Interior (go figure), and got around 8mpg on a good day. But, it could out-turn a Jeep, out climb a Rover, and out-pull an F350. The rear was flat and could hold an entire Hobie Cat repair station with a full-line of spare parts and extra breakaway rudders.

My three cute kids would all fit on the little back seat and sing songs over the radio.

I "unstuck" so many larger "beach trucks" with giant tires from the Padre Island National Seashore with it.

Memories of long-ago younger days..........................Where did that little blue-eyed blonde bikini chick go, anyway ?

Last edited:

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La
    1968 Mustang Coupe (289)...found in a junkyard and rebuilt her from the ground up. Had to sell to help pay for my first year in college. Tried to find it later and was told the idiots I sold it to flipped it coming off a levee......so back to boneyard she went. :wtc:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Just sold her two years ago, bought as a slant 6, and changed it out to a 340, with a dana 60. Its actually in sweeden right now, with some collector doing a full restoration to it. Oh, and yes guys, that is a snake skin top :D

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    '66 Mustang coupe w/289 and original GT Rims. Powder Blue. Fast as lightning. Sold it to a collector cause keeping it and not having the time to take care of it properly would have been sacrilege.

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    1984 Porsche 911 Carrera Targa.
    Stiff, responsive and fun to drive.
    The rear seat, such as it was, was officially called a "package shelf" by the factory to avoid lawsuits by folks using them as a passenger seat.
    The top, when removed, perfectly fit in the space the package shelf provided.
    (As well as a case of beer and some chips.)
    About as practical as a truckload of dead rats at a tampon factory yet still sadly missed.
    Memories.

Top Bottom