Cash America Pawn

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crazy white boy

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    St. Charles Parish Hahnville
    I am a resident of the state of Mississippi and I buy numerous long guns when I find good deals on them at Cash America Pawn Shops in and around Baton Rouge. I do have a CCW and I still get delayed for some odd reason I went in to retrieve a Browning Shotgun I bought a couple of weeks ago and handed the dude my drivers license and was informed that I could not buy the gun I had paid for. I told him he was mistaken since I had purchased numerous guns at this same store. He then called the Manager and was informed that yes I was right. He then tells me to never come to the LaPlace Cash America Store because that is his store and he would not sell to non residents. I told him I was legal buying and he said he did not care he would refuse the sale...

jemayeux

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Beaumont, TX
    Wait, you found a good deal on a gun at a pawn shop? Pawn shop guns are twice the price and half the quality. Only place I know of where a highpoint goes for $300.

F**k him, we are in a down economy, plenty of other businesses are looking for regular customers.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I am a resident of the state of Mississippi and I buy numerous long guns when I find good deals on them at Cash America Pawn Shops in and around Baton Rouge. I do have a CCW and I still get delayed for some odd reason I went in to retrieve a Browning Shotgun I bought a couple of weeks ago and handed the dude my drivers license and was informed that I could not buy the gun I had paid for. I told him he was mistaken since I had purchased numerous guns at this same store. He then called the Manager and was informed that yes I was right. He then tells me to never come to the LaPlace Cash America Store because that is his store and he would not sell to non residents. I told him I was legal buying and he said he did not care he would refuse the sale...

Maybe you should call the manager and see if he has the same feelings as his employee. My guess is that would be the end of your problems at that location

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I wander in there from time to time, mainly for dvds. I have yet to see a great deal on guns there. When BJ's was in laplace I found good deals a few times and the people were good to work (esp Julie, the one in their commercials) with, not Cash America.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Wait, you found a good deal on a gun at a pawn shop? Pawn shop guns are twice the price and half the quality. Only place I know of where a highpoint goes for $300.

I find deals pretty regularly in Gonzales at Gold-n-Guns and Pelican Pawn (used to be Gene's). Pelican also does $15 transfers.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Last time that happened to me I left and came back with a 5 gallon can of gas and a road flare...we then re visited store policy

DISCLAIMER
    This is only a joke, never happened nor do I suggest any of my followers or fans try this

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I hate Cash America and I will never give them anymore of my business.

Bought an Xbox game, It only had the "bonus" disc in it (I know I should have checked lesson learned) they told me too bad.

Was going to buy a 20gallon~ pot and possibly the burner. The price was slightly higher than Walmart so I asked him would he work with me on the price. He told me that's what they sell for and he wouldn't do anything on the price. I just said "Yessir you are right, all day long brand new at wally world same price. "

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    Yep ,I agree,They inflate their prices.It really all depends on if you regularly visit them.That is what I have found anyway.

It seems as though if you become a normal customer,they tend to pay you more attention.I have found many good deals in
    pawn shops on rifles,Never hand guns.I think you just have to catch a good deal.I see a lot of times,they mis mark a rifle
    at an unusually low price because they have some one that week or month marking them that don't know a lot about gun
    pricing.I go to pawn shops to find unusual items.Most things,as stated can be bought at wally cheaper and new...

crazy white boy

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    St. Charles Parish Hahnville
    Never pay the asking price. Always know the values. I bought a Browning Stainless A bolt 25-06 with a Luepold Vari X ii 3x9x50 they were asking 650.00 I left out the store with it for 375.00. Cash America is a chain store and they have to move volume to stay in business...

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I either get a good deal at a pawn shop or I don't buy.
    I got some good deals on deer rifles last year. 2 bolt action .270 rifles with Leupold VX2 3-9x40 scopes on them for $300 and $325 each. I promptly removed the scopes and kept them and sold the rifles with lesser scopes on them for what I paid originally. I didn't make a dime but I made some good scope profit. Haven't found many deals this year but I haven't been looking as much and doing more trading. I have to trade something off to make room in the gun safes.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I got a GREAT deal at Cash America on Florida. Apparently the owner ordered a very nice rifle for a friend who backed out. They were asking $2400, which was the going rate as it was brand new and still in the plastic bag inside the box, and I was in a rush to buy a toy for the Bday bash since RJF still had my AK. I wanted to pick up a cheap AR to play with and then sell with just a little lost money on my end, as opposed to buying a cheap gun that I would immediately sell after playing with it and taking a bath on it. He made me an offer I couldn't refuse, and when I mentioned it to my wife, she bought it for me for father's day. I made out like a bandit. If I sold it today and gave someone a deal, I would still make a considerable profit while hooking someone up.

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    Military towns are full of pawn shops, and Colorado Springs has 2 Airbases, the academy, Cheyenne mt, and Ft Carson. I enjoy running the shops now and again, but I've only made one stop in a cash america, their prices were at or higher than new. The smaller independents have more selection and better prices.

Bullet

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    New Orleans - Westbank
    look at thier tags and the code tells you how much CA paid for that item.

M A R Y L O U I S E
    1 2 3 3 5 6 7 8 9 0

The code on the item is AEEE. They Paid $10.00. Code AEEEE is $100.00 Code YEEE they paid $30.00. So I've been told and if you google it there are many postings that say its true.

woopazz403

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Gonzales
    While we're talking about pawn shops, I went to one the other day that had two WASR10s wayy overpriced. Anyway, they were identical and priced the same as well. I looked down the sights, and the front sight post was missing on one. I told the girl (who obviously knew nothing about firearms) that they would have to mark their price down on that one because of this. She laughed in my face. I don't think I'll be back anytime soon.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom