CC at Academy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abh3vol.firemen

unskilled labor expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    houma,la
    academy and wal-mart seem cheaper than some gun stores for ammo except cabelas.if i have the cash i buy guns from houma auto parts but if not then lay-away at cabelas.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I remember being handed a paper with academy's firearm policy a couple of years ago. It was basicaly that academy follows local laws about firearm carry. Basically if it is legal in the state/parish it is legal in the store.

Funny thing, not but two days ago several managers and i were discussing the policy and they decided that if a customer is bringing in a firearm and needs to have work done to it, or to fit a holster that an associate will handle the firearm. Any defensive (concealed carry OR open cary) firearm it to remain in the customers possession
    I wish I knew where to look to find the official policy. Maby I will ask a manager when I go back in for work to get me a copy so i can post it here.

Check the front door of the store. We recently (about a month or two ago) replaced all the Academy window stickers on the front doors, including the one that basically says if its legal it is ok with us.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Who said Wally World is not gun friendly??? lol

dandmeatwallyworld.jpg
    [/IMG]

I like Academy for most of their merchandise not neccessarily for just guns and ammo!

flashnyellow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    The sign on the front door at Academy in Lafayette says something like "any guns going in for sighting in need to be checked in at the desk, but concealed carry is welcome if legal in that area". It's not stated exactly like that, thats just what I remember.

Ronnie

RedNeckRuger

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    Let's see: "Academy & WalMart" are NOT where to buy guns or ammo.

Please see advertisers & sponsors here on B-S. That IS where to buy guns & ammo !

When will some folks ever learn ?

Why not??

I have purchased guns and ammo from Walmart and Academy. In fact, Walmart and Academy are the primary places that I buy my ammo from. Their ammo is cheaper. I really do not see the point spending twice the amount on ammo at a Gun/Ammo shop just because. I aint ballin' like that.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Why not??

I have purchased guns and ammo from Walmart and Academy. In fact, Walmart and Academy are the primary places that I buy my ammo from. Their ammo is cheaper. I really do not see the point spending twice the amount on ammo at a Gun/Ammo shop just because. I aint ballin' like that.

+1

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    The sign on the front door at Academy in Lafayette says something like "any guns going in for sighting in need to be checked in at the desk, but concealed carry is welcome if legal in that area". It's not stated exactly like that, thats just what I remember.

Ronnie

I was there today and started to take a picture of the sign. lol ........... But Rhallin's and Ronnie's posts were pretty close to what the sign actually says. Concealed carry and open carry are welcome there as long as it is legal for that particular person to be carrying.

Last edited:

Grandpa23

Patrick
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Lafayette LA
    Most of the ammo I purchase is at Walmart here in Jennings.... basically because it is inexpensive and its just about the only place in Jennings to get ammo. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to drive miles and miles just to do business with a BS member. I need to keep all the pennies I can in my own pocket. When I hit the lottery, one of the first places I'll do my shopping is here in the classifieds and with the BS advertisers and sponsors. :D

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel

Ronnie

Ronnie,
    This is the sign you probably saw at Academy-
    academystoresign.jpg

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Let's see: "Academy & WalMart" are NOT where to buy guns or ammo.

Please see advertisers & sponsors here on B-S. That IS where to buy guns & ammo !

When will some folks ever learn ?

I disagree I will go to where ever I can get the best price. If it from someone on BS then great if not then that is why we have supply and demand.

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    +1 Hammond tommorrow:}
    ANY SPECIAL SALES we need to know about Rahllin?????:}

Nah, this is just the soft opening. The store's grand opening will be in another week or two. I would expect some deals to be had at that time. The real thing to look out for is anything that you've been looking for at any Academy that has been out of stock... this store will open with a full stock of EVERYTHING.

Top Bottom