Christopher Dorner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    If they aren't sure it's him, isn't it a little odd that they lifted all the roadblocks....?

Hollywood. :rolleyes:

At any rate, check this out: :)

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Last edited:

crazy_mike

Cautious
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Lafayette,la
    i believe he isn't dead, one how come someone with that much training is gonna allow himself to get caught. 2. if they did catch up to him, the police reported hearing a single gun shot and then the cabin caught on fire, sound to me that single gun shot hit something in the cabin from afar and set the place on fire, and since he was a trained sniper if i am not mistaking he would have done that from a ways a way. but we will not find out until the autopsy.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Well-trained doesn't mean immune to stupid, and he'd already shown a decent-enough level of crazy.

All his training was on team-based operations as well, right? That is a big effect on his lone wolf strategy.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    i believe he isn't dead, one how come someone with that much training is gonna allow himself to get caught.

B/c this isn't the movies. :dunno:

The reports I read said the shot came from INSIDE the Cabin.

Probably b/c he didn't want to feel the flames. Set cabin on fire, shootself. Game Over.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Game Over

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/13/christopher-dorner-drivers-license-id-cabin-_n_2677590.html

BTW They said he hid out in a house ACROSS THE STREET from the Command Post.
    Classic Tactical Move there.

There was a big brouhaha on the media outlets last night about ammunition going off in the burning cabin- and how perhaps they should all move back, out of range.:p

But seeing as they didn't know what he actually had weapons-wise - better safe than sorry. (There were various reports about grenades & a surface to air missile possibly being in his humble hands).

I wonder if this is accurate?

As he barricaded himself in an empty cabin, the man believed to be Dorner fired a .50-caliber sniper rifle, shooting two deputies, killing one of them.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57569112/authorities-confident-christopher-dorner-search-over-body-will-need-to-be-idd/

Last edited:

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I thought they found his license once before or something? He is a cop killer and I hope he gets what he deserves, but something else smells odd besides the actual murders.

blakegill66

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Metairie
    I thought they found his license once before or something? He is a cop killer and I hope he gets what he deserves, but something else smells odd besides the actual murders.

I agree, nothing is adding up. They said he tried to steal someones boat and told them it would be safe in mexico. Well boat wouldnt start so he just ditches that idea? Was that the only boat there? And if the cabin was burning so hot they would not be able to indentify the body, wouldn't a wallet and ID be nothing but ash?

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    i believe he isn't dead, one how come someone with that much training is gonna allow himself to get caught. 2. if they did catch up to him, the police reported hearing a single gun shot and then the cabin caught on fire, sound to me that single gun shot hit something in the cabin from afar and set the place on fire, and since he was a trained sniper if i am not mistaking he would have done that from a ways a way. but we will not find out until the autopsy.

Ex-Navy Officer/Ex-LEO on the run from the law... gets the bow line tangled in the prop of a boat that he's trying to steal, crashes his truck in sub-zero temperatures, in the woods and doesn't grab his rifles or his cold weather gear, ties up a couple of old people but not well enough that they don't get away, steals a truck and tries to run in broad daylight with LE circling, crashes said truck into a ditch, bails out and runs into a cabin in a seemingly open field... Yup, sounds like a high-speed, low-drag operator to me... lol

Seems like the dude was a mall-ninja to me. He got the drop on a couple of cops (sadly) and got roasted (not so sadly).

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Just isn't adding up. How would a wallet not burn??
    College degree.
    Ex navy officer
    Fired LEO.... I read some where he was actually a pretty good one but I can't cite it at the moment.
    My vote: he is getting away with the hysteria going on at the cabin.... I hope he was killed but I think he got away.
    Just an idea and I'm not trained to think like him... Find or kill an animal on the road/woods. Set it up make in the cabin so when you make the fire all that is left is "burnt flesh" leave your wallet if they even really found a wallet and wah-lah it looks like you were cooked in the fire... Make a run for it while they think you are dead and relaxed.
    I think I'm going crazy after reading what I just wrote but oh well.

Swampwood

Long Term "Newbie"
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    Feb 9, 2010
    Northshore Area
    Time will tell...surely tell...but what will it tell...does it all add up? Kinda reminds me of the "Good Cop Bad Cop" thing and the "Negotiator" movie with S.L Jackson...but the truth is we probably will never know, will we... :dunno:

SW

Top Bottom