Christopher Dorner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Wow Prank call on Media Outlet during the standoff;

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=111_1360709050
    That made me happy when I heard that.

I mean, it's poignant and really shows how desperate the media is to just instantly publish /anything/ without vetting information at all. And that's a /big/ problem in modern media and their "LIVE NOW, WATCH AS WE GLORIFY THIS PSYCHO SHOOTER, TO SEE IF HE GETS A HIGH SCORE. TUNE IN, ALL YOU OTHER PSYCHOS, AND THINK ABOUT HOW THIS COULD BE YOU!" style of reporting.

The prank call just shows how pathetic and more-harm-than-good some media is.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That made me happy when I heard that.

I mean, it's poignant and really shows how desperate the media is to just instantly publish /anything/ without vetting information at all. And that's a /big/ problem in modern media and their "LIVE NOW, WATCH AS WE GLORIFY THIS PSYCHO SHOOTER, TO SEE IF HE GETS A HIGH SCORE. TUNE IN, ALL YOU OTHER PSYCHOS, AND THINK ABOUT HOW THIS COULD BE YOU!" style of reporting.

The prank call just shows how pathetic and more-harm-than-good some media is.

Correct!

Oh! And of course; Baba Booey! Baba Booey! To all!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    some serious lead getting thrown... some of those libya videos you posted had less shooting than that! hope they got him...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Any cover is better than none at all, but I was watching the show, "Best Defense" one night a few months ago, and the bald headed dude demonstrated how effective a car door was for cover against a .223 and a 7.56 round.

Guess what? Both calibers went through that door like it was paper.

I'm not a cop, but why aren't they wearing full armor if they knew LL might be sporting some heavy fire?

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    armor that can stop rifle rounds is very expensive and very very heavy, not many agencies even have any outside of SWAT type units.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Some think there is a HRT in every County/Parish.

James, some people also believe that all LE will run to the scene to help. Some people freeze and don't go. Some people go and are useless.

I met a guy (LE) who was on scene at Columbine and told me he left because there were too many people there and it looked dangerous. I was in shock when I heard that.

JR1572

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    James, some people also believe that all LE will run to the scene to help. Some people freeze and don't go. Some people go and are useless.

I met a guy (LE) who was on scene at Columbine and told me he left because there were too many people there and it looked dangerous. I was in shock when I heard that.

JR1572

I know one that works primarily traffic that is slow to respond to any 103 call.

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    I know this is pretty much stating the obvious but I really wish this guy had chosen to address his grievances in a different way. Whether he was or was not treated unfairly he will justifiably go down as the monster that he is. I wonder if we will ever get the truth as to the investigation?

Top Bottom