Concealed carry & Leo's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Let you consience be your guide. Personally I couldn't forgive myself if someone died and I could have prevented it if I had not decided it wasnt my problem. If you witness a horrible traffic accident, would you help or would you just say that idiot shouldn't have been texting/drinking/speeding/you name it?

Yea I don't stop for traffic accidents "for the most part" car in the water or on fire I WILL stop. Putting your nose where it doesn't belong will get you sued or put in jail one day. I have no formal training to engage in gunfights or move people with broken bones so guess what I walk the other way. I respect your eagerness to help others but I've had trainers, LEOs and Lawyers all at some point tell me my best interest is to turn and walk away. My #1 goal in life is providing for my family and being there for them.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Concealed carry & Leo's

Let you consience be your guide.

My conscience says it would be inexcusable to not do everything in my power to make it back to my family. Again, not saying I wouldn't help if possible, but your blaming of others (in this hypothetical situation), for protecting their lives or lively hood from being sued, is wrong. This analogy was told by an instructor on here; You can be the sheepdog and protect all the sheep, I'll just be the wolf and decided when I'm hungry enough to eat.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    My conscience says it would be inexcusable to not do everything in my power to make it back to my family. Again, not saying I wouldn't help if possible, but your blaming of others (in this hypothetical situation), for protecting their lives or lively hood from being sued, is wrong. This analogy was told by an instructor on here; You can be the sheepdog and protect all the sheep, I'll just be the wolf and decided when I'm hungry enough to eat.

That particular analogy only works if the sheepdog is interested in protecting all the people all the time.

To be honest I dont really subscribe to the sheepdog concept. Dogs and wolves come from the same type of animal. They have been tamed over millinia, but they are still killers at the root. I'm more like the jackass put out with the cows to protect against preditors. :rofl:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    There is no obvious right answer. It's not as if you're debating whether or not Glocks are better than 1911s- which they clearly are. ;)

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    So now it's OK to only help some of the people some of the time?? Come on, make up your mind.

I cant be everywhere all the time. I'm not the worlds savior. I'm not prancing around in my underwear, mask and cape, but I can act on things that happen right in front of me and do my level best to protect "the herd."

Last edited:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    a6d4a5048c631ae5b64b6f1b2ebc273b.jpg

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Every situation is different but I will never feel responsible for what I could have done. Elderly and children I may feel the need to help but for the most part I will roll out the door and call the police. I'm not gonna die or end up in jail because I wanted to play hero dude!

Very good answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I aint no hero nor do I care to be. And again I aint looking for trouble but if its clear who the bad guy is and if someones life is on the line, I cant stand by or tuck tail. There's a reason I practice and there's a reason I'm always armed, and it aint cause I'm afraid to meet my maker. This aint the wild west and I aint the Duke, but my life dont mean nothing only what I do with it.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in625shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Look everyone has to make their own chioces in life, but tell me if your son, daughter, wife, mother, father, ect. had a bad guy pointing a gun at them and I had a chance to save their life and I didn't want to get shot, would you want me to protect your family?

Be careful appointing yourself head Sheepdog, no one asked you to be and it could bite you so tread carefully.

Top Bottom