Concealed carry & Leo's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2015
    Clinton
    When your pulled over and are carrying , don't say the word GUN, to the police, tell them you are carrying a WEAPON or a FIREARM, the word gun may get you shot by a rookie cop. It's safer to say firearm than gun.

From iPhone 6+

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    You don't have to say anything. When asked for your license, reg., and insurance, you hand him your license and carry permit.
    When your pulled over and are carrying , don't say the word GUN, to the police, tell them you are carrying a WEAPON or a FIREARM, the word gun may get you shot by a rookie cop. It's safer to say firearm than gun.

From iPhone 6+

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    DUTIES OF PERMITTEES
    The permit shall be retained by the permittee who shall immediately produce it upon the request of any law enforcement officer. Anyone who fails to do so shall be fined not more than one hundred dollars. Additionally, when any peace officer approaches a permittee in an official manner or with an identified purpose, the permittee shall:

1. Notify the officer that he has a weapon on his person;

2. Submit to a pat down;

3. Allow the officer to temporarily disarm him.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Thats one of the dumbest things ive heard in a long time.

While I agree its pretty unlikely that saying the word gun would gdt me shot. This mantra has been bantered by the "experts" on tv, online and in magazines for years. The idea is that you get pulled over by a two man team one is kind of like Andy one more like Barney. Andy walks up and does his job like any good lawman would. You say "Oh by the way, I have gun." All Barney hears is GUN!!!!! And prceeds to welding his pea-shooter.

Its stupid and its been repeated at neausia. However it could happen, its slightly more likely than "stepping on a crack will break mommas back."

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    While I agree its pretty unlikely that saying the word gun would gdt me shot. This mantra has been bantered by the "experts" on tv, online and in magazines for years. The idea is that you get pulled over by a two man team one is kind of like Andy one more like Barney. Andy walks up and does his job like any good lawman would. You say "Oh by the way, I have gun." All Barney hears is GUN!!!!! And prceeds to welding his pea-shooter.

Its stupid and its been repeated at neausia. However it could happen, its slightly more likely than "stepping on a crack will break mommas back."

"I have a concealed handgun permit" and the handgun is on my left/right hip. Keep hands visible while talking to LEO.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Reality check time:

AS's statement about the word gun shows his ignorance.

WE AINT WORRIED ABOUT A PERSON WHO HAS PASSED A CHP BACKGROUND AND (pay attention) IMMEDIATELY INFORMS US HE IS ARMED (this next party is really important) AND IS NOT THE TARGET/SUSPECT/SUBJECT OF THE CRIMINAL COMPLAINT. I can't count the number of traffic stops and victim/complainant contacts I have had with CHP holders or people with guns in the car that turned into "oh, cool. What u packin". As long as you don't act like an ass you have nothing to fear.

On the otherhand, be the subject of the contact, don't disclose and be a dick and I'll do my best to pen**** your permit right out of your wallet. Thankfully, I've only had to do that one time in 14 years and the dude went to jail, lost his permit and eventually got convicted of a felony. Admittedly it was way more the reason for the original contact and much less about the CHP stuff, but I made sure it was addressed that he had a CHP and was arrested for a felony.

We get that most CHP holders are good to go, but you still have duties as a permittee when contacted by LEO in an official contact, either as a victim/witness or suspect/subject, no matter what your sovereign citizen youtube videos or 3% friends say..... After all, it ain't their ass on the line. Just don't be a dick.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Any LA. CHP holder who screws around and gives a LEO a hard time "May" have his permit revoked if the LEO fills out a DPSSP Form 4646 and turns it in to LSP.

CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMIT SUSPENSION/REVOCATION AFFIDAVIT

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom