Cops suck, and then...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I had some friends in high school who would disagree with you lol.

Also, the idea that pot smokers are never violent...

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/19/nyregion/violent-crimes-undercut-marijuana-s-mellow-image.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11286431/

I think we can put that topic to bed now. When you make something illegal, there will be a black market for it. With a 175% increase in average potency Since The 90's, this is not your grandpa's backyard reefer we're talking about.

No it's not the same as it was 20 years ago and furthermore....many of them will now smoke spliffs....which is crack mixed with weed. And then there is always the embalming fluid laced weed or the PCP. But...that's not really the same as just smoking marijuana.

In any case....when comparing the two substances...weed and alcohol, I can't see any way in the world that weed could be seen as more harmful than alcohol. The prohibition of it serves no ones purpose other than the alcohol lobby and the gangs and organized crime. They are the ones who stand to profit from banning pot.
    And I am sure that those who are making a profit from illegal drugs....any illegal drug...are surely not advocating legalization of those drugs.....Just as I am sure Al Capone was not for the 21st Amendment which legalized alcohol.
    =============
    And Leonidas is totally correct. The two articles which were cited as examples of violence and marijuana are about the distribution of drugs.....not the consumption of those drugs. Apples and Oranges IMO.
    And....If thats the bar set...then I think Alcohol and its history during prohibition shows every bit as much violence. Al Capone and the Chicago gangs were fighting over the distribution of alcohol.....fighting over the profits. Thats exactly whats happening today with the War on Drugs and the high urban murder rates.
    They are killing each other fighting for the distribution rights....not over its use.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    .......... The prohibition of it serves no ones purpose other than the alcohol lobby and the gangs and organized crime. They are the ones who stand to profit from banning pot...........

I would add the entire criminal justice system to that list of beneficiaries. More prisons, more legal fees, more court fees, more LE agencies and agents.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I wonder?

My post should have read, weed smokers at times can be violent..

So do I. Perhaps you should just say it. I don't think anyone here would say someone on pot will not be violent, absolutes are almost always wrong. I think many here would say people are more likely to have a violent outburst drunk than stoned.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    So do I. Perhaps you should just say it. I don't think anyone here would say someone on pot will not be violent, absolutes are almost always wrong. I think many here would say people are more likely to have a violent outburst drunk than stoned.

Probably because stats have been compiled longer on alcoholism and it's effects than on marijuana..

Aren't we supposed to be bashing the cops in this thread?

I'm well aware of your stance on the use of marijuana..

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Probably because stats have been compiled longer on alcoholism and it's effects than on marijuana..

Aren't we supposed to be bashing the cops in this thread?

I'm well aware of your stance on the use of marijuana..

Probably not. It's probably because it is the truth. What is my stance on the use of marijuana?

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    The amount of pro-marijuana talk on this board is sickening.

JR1572

I beg to differ....since I am convinced that our Federal Policies on drugs has actually been at the root of the increase in gang affiliation.....high urban murder rate.....inability to fund health care and schools in most states because too much money is being spent on enforcement and incarceration of Non-violent offenders.......etc

The "pro-marijuana" talk is really anti-crime talk IMO. The system is broken. Violent offenders are spending less time in prison than simple drug abusers. Drug abuse in and of itself is not a criminal act....it is a mental health issue.

And....as has been pointed out so many times to me....this board is frequented by cops.....so what better place to discuss it. I'm trying to stimulate those brain cells. Sometimes society gets so used to doing something....for the only reason being...."that its always been that way. "

America is going broke fighting this policy....and it just can't continue. Over 50% of New Orleans taxes are spent on the Criminal Justice sector. So much for fixing roads....schools....health care....infrastructure. At the present rate....in 10 years we will be spending 75% of our budgets on the criminal justice sector. Welcome to the East German Stasi model of government.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Because I would like to think responsible gun owners don't condone the use of illegal drugs.

As usual, I guess I've set higher expectations upon the general membership of this board.

JR1572

Ditto. It is a bit disturbing. Maybe you should have to pass a drug test to purchase a firearm.... Makes since to me.

I thought the debate was about whether marijuana made the user violent or not?

But if you want to bring firearms use into the discussion with marijuana, I will tell you with complete personal certainty, if forced to; I would much rather have a guy high on weed have a firearm shooting with me than a person who is drunk.

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Because I would like to think responsible gun owners don't condone the use of illegal drugs.

As usual, I guess I've set higher expectations upon the general membership of this board.

JR1572

I think it has more to do with people who are pro 2nd amendment are also pro personal freedom. The fact that marijuana is illegal is preposterous. The law stops no one from doing it. To say its more dangerous than booze is completely ridiculous. How many DOCTORS prescribe budlight? Go tell the experts with medical degrees that weed is bad, they will laugh you right out of the room. You're an idiot if you think you're doing any good by locking up someone or clogging our legal system by busting them with some weed.

I don't smoke the stuff, never have. That doesn't mean I think we, as a society, should be allocating our resources to fight this war on drugs. At the end of the day, only one side cares about their precious war. Those same people would loose their job if the war was ever ended. The other side would just continue on like it never existed.

As usual. You have set yourself above the general membership of this board.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I think it has more to do with people who are pro 2nd amendment are also pro personal freedom. The fact that marijuana is illegal is preposterous. The law stops no one from doing it. To say its more dangerous than booze is completely ridiculous. How many DOCTORS prescribe budlight? Go tell the experts with medical degrees that weed is bad, they will laugh you right out of the room. You're an idiot if you think you're doing any good by locking up someone or clogging our legal system by busting them with some weed.

I don't smoke the stuff, never have. That doesn't mean I think we, as a society, should be allocating our resources to fight this war on drugs. At the end of the day, only one side cares about their precious war. Those same people would loose their job if the war was ever ended. The other side would just continue on like it never existed.

As usual. You have set yourself above the general membership of this board.

I agree with this to an extent. I would add that if you get caught now, it is your fault. Bitching because you got caught gets you nowhere with me. I think as an adult you should be responsible for your actions. You know the law, if you choose to disobey, you subject yourself to enforcement.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette

JR1572
    You can't advocate legalization without pro-marijuana talk, now can you?

I don't condone the use of illegal drugs at all, but I still strongly support it's legalization.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom