Cops suck, and then...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    What about cocaine and heroin? Should that be legalized as well? The government spends a heck of a lot more money fighting that than marijuana.. The medical cost I associated with cocaine and heroin I'm sure is much higher as well..

Mayonnaise

Not in the fridge
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    What about cocaine and heroin? Should that be legalized as well? The government spends a heck of a lot more money fighting that than marijuana.. The medical cost I associated with cocaine and heroin I'm sure is much higher as well..

The bigger question is why is it illegal in the first place?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I thought the debate was about whether marijuana made the user violent or not?

But if you want to bring firearms use into the discussion with marijuana, I will tell you with complete personal certainty, if forced to; I would much rather have a guy high on weed have a firearm shooting with me than a person who is drunk.

I don't want to be around anyone on anything (including pain medication) with a firearm.

JR1572

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I think it has more to do with people who are pro 2nd amendment are also pro personal freedom. The fact that marijuana is illegal is preposterous. The law stops no one from doing it. To say its more dangerous than booze is completely ridiculous. How many DOCTORS prescribe budlight? Go tell the experts with medical degrees that weed is bad, they will laugh you right out of the room. You're an idiot if you think you're doing any good by locking up someone or clogging our legal system by busting them with some weed.

I don't smoke the stuff, never have. That doesn't mean I think we, as a society, should be allocating our resources to fight this war on drugs. At the end of the day, only one side cares about their precious war. Those same people would loose their job if the war was ever ended. The other side would just continue on like it never existed.

As usual. You have set yourself above the general membership of this board.

I've heard all these arguments before. Yawn.

You resorted to name calling. That's classy.

JR1572

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    The bigger question is why is it illegal in the first place?

While most people would agree that you can't legislate morality, IIRC, the first drug laws came about to help shut down opium dens where people would die and stay there for Days before anyone came looking for them.
    In my opinion, most of that stuff is illegal Now because its dangerous to the public in general. Whacked out dudes on bath salts eating people's faces, etc.

Should pot be legalized? I dunno, Maybe. But If personal possession was decriminalized it wouldn't solve the problem with the drug war.

Personally, I think a lot of kids like to smoke weed simply Because its illegal. But making it Legal to have small amounts won't make the streets any safer, you're still going to have gangsters smuggling and distributing the stuff.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    What about cocaine and heroin? Should that be legalized as well?

Yes!

The government spends a heck of a lot more money fighting that than marijuana.. The medical cost I associated with cocaine and heroin I'm sure is much higher as well..

That's why the money wasted to intradict it, should be used to treat addicts.

Examples are aplenty in countries that legalize and treat are reducing their burdens of crime and wasted dollars versus our expensive and useless drug fighting policies.

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    The majority of money spent on the drug war is spent fighting marijuana. The DEA spent hundreds of millions eradicating ditch weed alone, which has no thc and can't get you high. The anti drug ads focus on marijuana use just as drug tests and drug court revolve around the prohibition of marijuana. Our system forces people who smoke pot to deal with the black market which is filled with violence and crime. But look at states with legal medical marijuana. The dispensaries are ran like a legal business and the crime is removed. The only danger comes from the DEA performing an armed robbery of you and your belongings.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The majority of money spent on the drug war is spent fighting marijuana. The DEA spent hundreds of millions eradicating ditch weed alone, which has no thc and can't get you high. The anti drug ads focus on marijuana use just as drug tests and drug court revolve around the prohibition of marijuana. Our system forces people who smoke pot to deal with the black market which is filled with violence and crime. But look at states with legal medical marijuana. The dispensaries are ran like a legal business and the crime is removed. The only danger comes from the DEA performing an armed robbery of you and your belongings.

Now this^ is how you re-invigorate the hate in this hate thread. :mamoru:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom