could a 15 year old handle a visit to her mom in jail?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    I see u are not familiar with Louisiana Prisons. How about your 15 year old daughter having to submit to a cavity search every time she visits her dear mom? Think that wouldn't be scarring to her?
    I think it would be better for her to visit and maintain contact with her mom. There's nothing about a prison that would be scarring to a 15 year old. She's 15 though, I'd just invite her whenever you go and let her make her own decision

And?

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    I see u are not familiar with Louisiana Prisons. How about your 15 year old daughter having to submit to a cavity search every time she visits her dear mom? Think that wouldn't be scarring to her?

You mean I've been paying 100 bucks a pop for cavity searches when I could've been getting them for free anytime I visited a Louisiana prison? Damn

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish

Don't be a douchebag.
    Visitors do not have to submit to a cavity search.
    The girl can visit her mother unmolested if she so chooses.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Don't be a douchebag.
    Visitors do not have to submit to a cavity search.
    The girl can visit her mother unmolested if she so chooses.

Correct. Usually the most that is done by staff, depending on the facility, is a wand search and checking of any packages, bags, or items carried by the visitor.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I would certainly let her visit. It's her mother. FWIW, I visited friends in jail at that age and friends in prison a few years later than that, yet never went to jail or arrested myself.

And not one of those times was I cavity searched. Welcome to the forum, I see you meet Blue and Dave.

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    I would certainly let her visit. It's her mother. FWIW, I visited friends in jail at that age and friends in prison a few years later than that, yet never went to jail or arrested myself.

And not one of those times was I cavity searched. Welcome to the forum, I see you meet Blue and Dave.

Let her and her father decide.
    It's that simple.
    I hope them well.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

I was handled quite gently at Angola. No one asked me to strip or look up my pooper. Me thinks you are being unkind.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish

Apparantly you have never been to a prison or jail to visit anyone. Strip or cavity searches on visitors are not performed and nor are they legal to begin with!

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    A note for the ignorant and ill-informed. Strip and cavity searches are not illegal and are done on a daily basis. If u wish to visit " certain individuals" NOT ALL as some are perceiving , at state and federal prisons you will volentarily sign a release OF LIABILITY, and a volentary submission for a body and or cavity search. This is strictly volentary and if you decline you are not allowed the visit period. This is not for the half of the population that you see at the Angola Rodeo every year. This is for the half that are confined to a small cell for 23 hours a day and only let out for a hour for a little stretch but under careful watch. This is the half only immediate family will ever be allowed to see. The half that will cut your head off and s--t down your neck because you glanced at him. You can see why importation of contraband can be a disasterious thing and why such measures are neccesary. For you non-believers they are out there. The world is not a safe place.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    A note for the ignorant and ill-informed. Strip and cavity searches are not illegal and are done on a daily basis. If u wish to visit " certain individuals" NOT ALL as some are perceiving , at state and federal prisons you will volentarily sign a release OF LIABILITY, and a volentary submission for a body and or cavity search. This is strictly volentary and if you decline you are not allowed the visit period. This is not for the half of the population that you see at the Angola Rodeo every year. This is for the half that are confined to a small cell for 23 hours a day and only let out for a hour for a little stretch but under careful watch. This is the half only immediate family will ever be allowed to see. The half that will cut your head off and s--t down your neck because you glanced at him. You can see why importation of contraband can be a disasterious thing and why such measures are neccesary. For you non-believers they are out there. The world is not a safe place.

Jesus man that is so unnecessary. You are talking a small portion of people who would be housed at a much different facility. There is no need to make it sound like OZ.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans

That's a good point, who knows what kind of mayhem could come about if someone smuggled an ass pen or a bootleg copy of photoshop to someone who committed fraud. Do you think they'll have to sign a waiver for an ex lap to see if they hid a CD in the abdomen? Then again, maybe there won't be visitation at all, might be stuck 24/7 in solitary due to the high risk nature of the crime

Last edited:

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish

You are so wrong on this it stinks of filth! I worked in a maximum prison facility for 6yrs. with dangerous inmates at that. We never ever had that policy written or imposed or implied that we had to adhere to regarding visitors visiting inmates regardless of any type of status. Visitors never signed are submited to be stripped or cavity searches to be permitted to visit with an inmate we housed. You are definitely talking out your rectum and need to stop giving eronous advice. In other words, kindly STFU!

Last edited:

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    You must have spent your 6 years in the kitchen pealing potatoes.
    You are so wrong on this it stinks of filth! I worked in a maximum prison facility for 6yrs. with inmates on death row and dangerous inmates at that. We never ever had that policy written or imposed or implied that we had to adhere to regarding visitors visiting inmates regardless of any type of status. Visitors never signed are submited to be stripped or cavity searches to be permitted to visit with an inmate we housed. You are definitely talking out your rectum and need to stop giving eronous advice. In other words, kindly STFU!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Phillip Norris
    Top Bottom