Crazy bayou shooter gun prices.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    The Bayou Shooter community, such as it is, isn't just a classified site. Its a forum with a classified section. I know ppl who dont come here to buy or sell. Some dont even post. They just read.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I was inquiring whether others have seen this and apparently I am not alone. When nearly everyone listing items are marking up such a huge premium it then becomes a problem for the site as well as those who visit it. This affects the site as well as the individuals that were once using it as a great place to exchange firearms at a decent price for both seller and buyer. When this stops becoming a simple head shaking occasion and becomes the norm, it should be addressed before it loses visitors and regular members. Of course people like to barter, but when going on a gun enthusiast site that contains a classified section the sellers should at least look around for the going rate of a gun they are selling. We are not talking about a small difference in pricing here. We are referring to a huge markup of sometimes $20+ of new on very used item.

I left this out of my post; Some people are stupid too! But advocating some limit on what a person wants to sell their stuff for is not very American; Screwing someone on a sale is! And so is walking away! It shouldn't matter that more than a few people think there are more ads overvaluing their wares (guns). Free will wins over that EVERYTIME!

ramsey6199

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Crowley area.
    It is a great source of knowledge and a fun website to discuss guns. It was also once a great classified place to meet locals to purchase and sell firearms and accessories. This thread is describing issues that have popped up in the classifieds section not the usefulness of the forums as a whole.

The Bayou Shooter community, such as it is, isn't just a classified site. Its a forum with a classified section. I know ppl who dont come here to buy or sell. Some dont even post. They just read.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It is a great source of knowledge and a fun website to discuss guns. It was also once a great classified place to meet locals to purchase and sell firearms and accessories. This thread is describing issues that have popped up in the classifieds section not the usefulness of the forums as a whole.

So, is it the high prices on gun ads or meeting people?

I buy stuff all the time from people here. Not necessarily just guns. I don't even need to meet them in person! Hell, I've had my employees pick up and pay for merchandise from members on here; and out of town from where I live.

If I want it, I buy it. If I think it is too expensive I ask if they want to dicker. If they don't I either concede or move on.

Last edited:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Yea I'm guilty of not answering pm'a as fast as I should, but with shift work, and 3 kids life gets really busy lol,but if others could comment on an add with say a question, it would prob be the same questions of sombody else later on ... One thing I have been seeing is a lot of wts adds without a pic or price, unless the mods have changed I thought that was required for a wts but not a wtt, I remember several years ago a add didn't last 15mins is it wasn't up to spec, I have seen adds bumped 5-6 times without the required info, unless that has changed that is...

All us Mods have jobs, family, and other responsibilities too, so sometime ads get missed.
    There is a "Report Post" button on every post (it's a triangle with an exclamation point).
    If a post is reported it gets taken care of quickly.

We all have to work together to make this the best forum possible.

And I just laugh at the higher than new prices and bumping ads for over a year.
    When I list something for sell, it's because I want to sell it, not bump the ads forever.

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I left this out of my post; Some people are stupid too! But advocating some limit on what a person wants to sell their stuff for is not very American; Screwing someone on a sale is! And so is walking away! It shouldn't matter that more than a few people think there are more ads overvaluing their wares (guns). Free will wins over that EVERYTIME!

+1

It's always easier to lower a price, than raise one.

Ton

bang bang
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 19, 2006
    New Orleans
    If you don't like the price, send an offer. I don't have any problems doing that. EVERYTHING is negotiable. If they get but hurt then so be it.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    At least here on BS, I have yet to meet anyone to buy or sell, that hasn't seemed like a good person. At least in the few minutes I've met them.

Last edited:

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    Some inflate the price because of all the low ball offers.

The classifieds here suck now. Have for a long time. There should be a common respect that if you don't like the price of something listed you just pass on it. Not trash the seller's post. We are all supposed to be adults here. I think the fact that we cant communicate with the sellers directly on the thread has really brought the classifieds here way down.

EXACTLY !

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If you don't like the price, send an offer. I don't have any problems doing that. EVERYTHING is negotiable. If they get but hurt then so be it.

Seems that simple to me! :dunno:

The selling profession isn't the highest paying job on average in America because everyone is good at it! Sometimes, and as hard as it is to believe; even I want bitch slap a customer out of frustration during the sales process. :mamoru:

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    I have found many with high price won't negotiate lower.

On 2-3 different item I was interested in all had non transferable lifetime warranties, so I would get no warranty buying used, I found the item new for $30-$50 less and even sent the link to the seller.
    The best any of them would do was $10 less than new, but with no warranty I expect at least 20%-30% off the new price.
    I don't care if the seller overpaid or the price went down after they bought it. I only care about the price in relation to what I can buy it for elsewhere.

It doesn't help that I live in north LA and nobody wants to ship.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    There were a couple of guns I would not budge on. But I'll admit the reason was that I made poor deals to begin with. I'd rather hold something than lose too much. That's probably what is going on as well.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have found many with high price won't negotiate lower. F them then! Move on!

On 2-3 different item I was interested in all had non transferable lifetime warranties, so I would get no warranty buying used, I found the item new for $30-$50 less and even sent the link to the seller.
    The best any of them would do was $10 less than new, but with no warranty I expect at least 20%-30% off the new price. Then they are idiots! Move on!

I don't care if the seller overpaid or the price went down after they bought it. I only care about the price in relation to what I can buy it for elsewhere. That's freedom!

It doesn't help that I live in north LA and nobody wants to ship. Can't help you there! :p

Last edited:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA

I don't post as much as I did a few years ago but still read different things on here. Still a good place for local shooters.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    All us Mods have jobs, family, and other responsibilities too, so sometime ads get missed.
    There is a "Report Post" button on every post (it's a triangle with an exclamation point).
    If a post is reported it gets taken care of quickly.

We all have to work together to make this the best forum possible.

And I just laugh at the higher than new prices and bumping ads for over a year.,
    When I list something for sell, it's because I want to sell it, not bump the ads forever.

That's true!!! i did however forget about the report button, I will start to pull my load also, lol

ramsey6199

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Crowley area.
    Not going to turn this into a pissing contest..

So, is it the high prices on gun ads or meeting people?

I buy stuff all the time from people here. Not necessarily just guns. I don't even need to meet them in person! Hell, I've had my employees pick up and pay for merchandise from members on here; and out of town from where I live.

If I want it, I buy it. If I think it is too expensive I ask if they want to dicker. If they don't I either concede or move on.

Top Bottom