Deal Gone Bad, Need BS members opinion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Not wanting to give sellers name at this time. Would not be fair to him if he does the right thing, no reason to drag him through the mud at this time and ruin his reputation. He has answered my text and appears to be trying.

There is nothing more to try... Seller owes you the money or parts, period.. By now it should be settled, period... Do everyone a favor and out this person so no one else falls victim to this crap.. Seller owes you, plain and simple..

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Paypal will reimburse the buyer the cost plus shipping if they go through the resolution process. I have done it recently for an EBay purchase after receiving the wrong
    item.

I did not think PP would allow you to deal with Guns and gun accessories.

ShooT_SpoTs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Baton rouge, La
    ... The seller put the item up for sell and stands to make a monetary gain.
    More Responsibilty lays with the person selling the item ... part of that is to insure the buyer receives the product in said condition.
    If insurance was not purchased - then the seller failed.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I hope it makes it good between you too but it would still be nice to know. we would still like to know so we at-least know going into a deal with this person... If I especially know to look for anything strange it would be a great help. You are not bashing or dragging him through the mud by telling us his name....

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    Why so much bias against the seller? In the seller's mind, would it not be a perfectly logical possibility, assuming they legitimately did ship a full box, that the buyer is trying to rip him/her off by saying the box was empty?

Insurance would not even cover contents stolen from a box, unless I'm mistaken

Last edited:

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    There's a member on this forum that I won't call out, for the trouble he went through to get a package to me. He faced a mini nightmare and still came through like a champ. And I would have done the same. Why? Because I'm a man of my word. And I do have honor. So does said member.
    Burden is on the seller. Buyers should show patience and if there's an opportunity to assist, do so.
    I believe we function on a very strong honor system here. Maybe even stronger than major shipping companies, eh?

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Why so much bias against the seller? In the seller's mind, would it not be a perfectly logical possibility, assuming they legitimately did ship a full box, that the buyer is trying to rip him/her off by saying the box was empty?

No bias... We all agree, this is based on the protocols of online transactions.... Simple as that.
    BUT
    I'm sure most of us here have also dealt with Company Man and never had a problem though....

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I'm not envolved in the transaction, heard it from a friend. It's a tough situation for both people, I'm certain that in the end the problem will be resolved. There's a huge trust factor needed to complete transactions off of forums like this one.

Who is your friend that told you all this info?

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    I bought lead from someone off of castboolits before I started buying by the ton. They sent it USPS priority, insured. Well the local USPS person marked the package as delivered but it never arrived. USPS wouldn't pay out insurance because they said it was delivered. Two months later I get an email from the seller, he got the lead back. He sent me the package and included the original label, the postmaster had nothing to say about the incident when presented with evidence, didn't care at all.

LOL I hear ya...They can't even deliver a screw, just the empty envelope with a message damage may have been incurred lol

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    No bias... We all agree, this is based on the protocols of online transactions.... Simple as that.
    BUT
    I'm sure most of us here have also dealt with Company Man and never had a problem though....

I guess I just haven't been heard of those protocols from anywhere. Intuitively, I would see refunding half of the purchase and calling it a loss for both parties a fair resolution. I would also be alright though with making public buyer/seller information when an incident like this happens, so that any patterns of "bad luck" can be attributed to one party or the other. If the seller chooses to trust the buyer's integrity to avoid such information being made public (to preserve his own integrity for future sales), that would be an acceptable (but optional and not necessarily "fair") resolution as well

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood

Insurance would not even cover contents stolen from a box, unless I'm mistaken

1. Look at my feedback and if you want more I can give you over 700 more on eBay at 100%
    2. I make enough money that I don't have to steal or lie about a transaction.
    3. I have pictures of the package when it arrived and video of it being opened.
    4. People who have dealt with me, know how I conduct business.
    5. I had witness to opening box, can verify all information.
    6. If I was an ass, I would have already put his info out on the boards.
    7. Might want to find out about someone before you start throwing stones.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    1. Look at my feedback and if you want more I can give you over 700 more on eBay at 100%
    2. I make enough money that I don't have to steal or lie about a transaction.
    3. I have pictures of the package when it arrived and video of it being opened.
    4. People who have dealt with me, know how I conduct business.
    5. I had witness to opening box, can verify all information.
    6. If I was an ass, I would have already put his info out on the boards.
    7. Might want to find out about someone before you start throwing stones.

Woah now, I'm talking generically, lets not get offended.

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    This has gone on long enough and will close this thread, it is not serving any purpose.
    Hope seller has read this thread and realize what it means to be a member of the Bayoushooter community.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I guess I just haven't been heard of those protocols from anywhere. Intuitively, I would see refunding half of the purchase and calling it a loss for both parties a fair resolution. I would also be alright though with making public buyer/seller information when an incident like this happens, so that any patterns of "bad luck" can be attributed to one party or the other. If the seller chooses to trust the buyer's integrity to avoid such information being made public (to preserve his own integrity for future sales), that would be an acceptable (but optional and not necessarily "fair") resolution as well

They are a standard.... It pretty much falls back on ones values and respect. Do what is right "socially accepted" as far as ethics go...
    Now how exactly is your for mentioned half loss deal fair to the buyer???? He bought a good, on faith of the buyer delivering that described good. He did his part by paying. It is the sellers responsibility to make sure he holds up his end of the bargain. If not he is at fault. That is fair.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    This has gone on long enough and will close this thread, it is not serving any purpose.
    Hope seller has read this thread and realize what it means to be a member of the Bayoushooter community.

He may have even posted in it already we dont know but why not give him time to respond?

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    They are a standard.... It pretty much falls back on ones values and respect. Do what is right "socially accepted" as far as ethics go...
    Now how exactly is your for mentioned half loss deal fair to the buyer???? He bought a good, on faith of the buyer delivering that described good. He did his part by paying. It is the sellers responsibility to make sure he holds up his end of the bargain. If not he is at fault. That is fair.

It isn't really fair either way - assuming both buyer and seller are doing their part, one or the other is getting the short end of stick, despite not having done anything wrong. I just suggested that, in my mind (without knowledge of any kind of established code of ethics in these matters), the fairest way to resolve the issue would be for both to take a hit. If this is what the seller wanted, I could see it as a fair resolution (though the seller would be doing it with full knowledge that it would likely impact the likelihood someone else may buy from him in the future). I don't see it as an ethical thing for the seller to take full responsibility - merely a wise decision if one hopes to sell routinely and maintain a pristine reputation

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Seller should have gotten a receipt from the PO showing the weight of the box and all other shipping information

If the weight on his receipt is not equal to the weight of the item ordered then there's the proof you need for a refund

If the seller claims he lost or tossed the receipt then it's on him to get you your item

Whenever I ship something I keep everything and scan everything to send to the buyer just in case something like this happens. Scanning and sending pictures of everything before shipping and sending it to the buyer shows them I'm ready for BS claims of "it was a box with a rock in it" or whatever. And it will also cover my ass if the buyer still tries to claim something was wrong. But then again I also insure my packages I ship so it pays to be anal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom