Egyptian kits

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    I'd be interested in this, but I'm also interested in having the Arabic selector markings engraved. Anyone else in on that?
    I'll get one of the gas station guys around here to engrave mine. I'll be ready to send you money on barrel though as soon as word.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'd be interested in this, but I'm also interested in having the Arabic selector markings engraved. Anyone else in on that?

Nodak can't do it but Piece of History arms can. These kits were made for the export market and Misty at Cope's has confirmed that the rear sight is marked in numbers, not Arabic. If the rest of the kit is not marked in Arabic I'm not going to pay $65+ for POH to put special selector marks.

I had Mario at Piece of history firearms do mine.

They turned out nice too.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I won't be ready to order barrels till next week, gotta let some things settle. I just need one person to go in on receivers to hit the price break.

Any ideas for the other parts we need?

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge

http://gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyCompliance

Rivet sets and 922r parts. Here's what I would recommend for 922r so you can use all of the original Egyptian furniture.

Tapco single hook G2 fire control group (got mine from Cope's at the time of order)
    Tapco or AK-builder gas piston with rivet (ordered a Tapco from Cope's but they may be out of stock)
    Tapco or other US made slant brake
    AK-Builder rivet set

All of those items can be purchased from Brownell's as well.

This is not needed for compliance but you will want one.
    AK retaining plate by Red Star Arms (ordered from Cope's for $5, similar prices at AK-builder)

On the gas pistons I will say that the stainless steel one from ak-builder is hard like a diamond. You need to get the drill bit they sell and even then it will wear out after one (with cutting fluid). The Tapco gas piston is much softer and you can drill through it fairly easily. Replacing a gas piston is not a tough job if you have a drill press. Then you need a hammer and a hard surface like an anvil to put in the new gas piston rivet. A band sander will take the remainder down flush. Keep in mind you want some play in the gas piston so screw it down all of the way and then back it out 1/2 to a full turn.

Last edited:

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    Nodak can't do it but Piece of History arms can. These kits were made for the export market and Misty at Cope's has confirmed that the rear sight is marked in numbers, not Arabic. If the rest of the kit is not marked in Arabic I'm not going to pay $65+ for POF to put special selector marks.

They turned out nice too.

It seems these kits were export models, so they would not have Arabic selector marks. They would be marked S A R.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    http://gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/BuildAkVerifyCompliance

Rivet sets and 922r parts. Here's what I would recommend for 922r so you can use all of the original Egyptian furniture.

Tapco single hook G2 fire control group (got mine from Cope's at the time of order)
    Tapco or AK-builder gas piston with rivet (ordered a Tapco from Cope's but they may be out of stock)
    Tapco or other US made slant brake
    AK-Builder rivet set

All of those items can be purchased from Brownell's as well.

This is not needed for compliance but you will want one.
    AK retaining plate by Red Star Arms (ordered from Cope's for $5, similar prices at AK-builder)

On the gas pistons I will say that the stainless steel one from ak-builder is hard like a diamond. You need to get the drill bit they sell and even then it will wear out after one (with cutting fluid). The Tapco gas piston is much softer and you can drill through it fairly easily. Replacing a gas piston is not a tough job if you have a drill press. Then you need a hammer and a hard surface like an anvil to put in the new gas piston rivet. A band sander will take the remainder down flush. Keep in mind you want some play in the gas piston so screw it down all of the way and then back it out 1/2 to a full turn.

Found everything in stock at Brownells, the Red Jacket Slant Brake is cheaper than the Tapco, any reason to not use it over the tapco?

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    As of June 18th 2012 Piece of History Firearms will not be accepting in new work until further notice. WE ARE FULL so as to keep things moving we will not accept new work at this time. I will still QUOTE YOUR PROJECT but if you have a quote and have not sent it in please call or email as to when to send it in.

THANK YOU for your business!

its a shame about the arabic markings. now that ive done some more searching that would have been cool to have. im in on some NDS receivers. either 2 or 3. still cant decide if i want two egyptian and a bulgie 74 kit or just one of each

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    its a shame about the arabic markings. now that ive done some more searching that would have been cool to have. im in on some NDS receivers. either 2 or 3. still cant decide if i want two egyptian and a bulgie 74 kit or just one of each

If you want a 74 kit get one from AK builder, good 74 barrels are hard to find.

Trueno

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Tejas - home of SRV!
    Please excuse my AK ignorance but is there a certain type of receiver and barrel for this type of kit for it to be more correct looking or not really matter ? And if so where would you fine gents recomend purchasing from? I've owned and own several cheap AK's all ugly and like em but really wanna love this one and make it all purdy like some I've been seeing around here alot.
    images

maadi56sarm1080.jpg

maadis845.jpg

:rockon:

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I'm a player for this deal. Anyone else wants in post here or PM me. If I get seven more takers, I may make the order unless someone points out something better.

3 - me
    1 - SGT_Kramer
    2 - stag0608
    1 - bs875
    1 - ppland
    2 - rockmup
    1 - oscar615
    2 - rssxy

that's 13. I've sent an inquiry about getting more than 10, and those will be discounted at the same price as the first ones. I'll wait a little while to see if anyone else jumps on this then place the order.

If your doing another set then I'll take 4 total please.

As far as more of these kits go, you can bet there is ten times what they are telling you about. They have always done it this way.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I won't be ready to order barrels till next week, gotta let some things settle. I just need one person to go in on receivers to hit the price break.

I'll take a receiver if they are fixed stock. I have kit.

As for rivets, I have pounds of them. Longs and shorts.

Poweboy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Bay St Louis/Slidell
    That is weird I emailed Misty last night and got a reply today. I asked her if I could get a pre order and if they did not have any more pre orders available could I reserve one for $219. Misty told me that everything was sold out.

Just ordered one though so hopefully it comes through.

Last edited:

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    Nodak can't do it but Piece of History arms can. These kits were made for the export market and Misty at Cope's has confirmed that the rear sight is marked in numbers, not Arabic. If the rest of the kit is not marked in Arabic I'm not going to pay $65+ for POH to put special selector marks.

good point.

If your doing another set then I'll take 4 total please.

I'll add two more for a total of four to you.

Last edited:

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I got an email from Harlan at Nodak saying "It sounds as if Arms Of America is getting some Egyptian kits too." I don't see them on their site so I don't know if he heard that directly from them or what.

Top Bottom