F-Class Field Precision Rifle (FPR) Match April 9th

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RStewart

Not Easily Impressed
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    F-Class Field Precision Rifle (FPR)- The F-Class Field Precision Rifle match is Saturday April 9th. Registration will begin at 7:30 AM and close at 8:00 AM. First rounds down range at 8:30 AM. Cost is $15 and prizes will be awarded by class.

Directions-
    http://www.paloaltogunclub.com/directions.htm

If you have any questions, you can PM Ritten or Chaser2020 or call me at 225-301-1615, as we are the Match Directors. Below are the rules:

F-Class Field Precision Rifle (FPR) –
    A. A rifle restricted to a bore diameter no larger than .35 caliber.

B. Barrel length is limited to 26” measured from forward edge of recoil lug to crown of barrel.

C. Repeater style actions only ( blind or detachable magazines).

D. Rifle must be fired off a bipod, rigidly attached to the rifles forend or sling. Bipod must be folding leg design commercially manufactured and will be included in rifles overall weight.

E. Sight magnification will be restricted to 25 power maximum. Higher power magnification optics are allowed, but must be kept to no higher than 25x. It will be checked on the line. Maximum weight including all attachments is 16.5 pounds. No minimum power optics will be required, but you will be shooting 600 yards, so keep that in mind.

F. No portion of the rifles butt or pistol grip may rest on the ground or any hard surface. Class A- No rear bags or mono-pods allowed. Must be supported in rear by competitors body e.g. fist bare or gloved and or shoulder. Class B- A rear bag will be allowed for shooting.

G. Muzzlebrakes will be allowed as long as they do not become a nuisance to other shooters.

H. Legal silencers are allowed and will not be included in barrel maximum length.

Course of Fire:
    All shooting is done from prone position. Each shooter will fire 3 x 20 round strings at 600yards. A maximum of four sighting shots can be used during the first string (if a competitor is not on target within the sighters they will not be allowed to continue fire. This is a safety issue so everyone should be prepared before the match with the proper come ups.) Second and third strings will allow a maximum of 2 sighting shots. Squadding will be a conventional three relay rotation. All shooters will be required to score and perform pit duties.

600 yards: 4 sighters in 4 minutes time limit on MR-1FC target

1. 20 shots 20 minutes on MR-1FC (MR-1 Conventional)Target 600 yards for record

600 yards: 2 sighters in 2 minutes time limit on MR-1FC target

2. 20 shots 20 minutes on MR-1FC (MR-1 Conventional)Target 600 yards for record

600 yards: 2 sighters in 2 minutes time limit on MR-1FC target

3. 20 shots 20 minutes on MR-1FC (MR-1 Conventional)Target 600 yards for record

4. Aggregate is score of match 1, 2, & 3

lajeeper

heartless conservative
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    BR
    I plan on being there, but just to observe this time. Hopefully I'll be able to get my scope mounted and zeroed to shoot at the next match. See y'all out there!

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I plan on being there, but just to observe this time. Hopefully I'll be able to get my scope mounted and zeroed to shoot at the next match. See y'all out there!

If you want to show up around 7-7:15 I can get there early with the tools to get it mounted, set, and a 100yd zero on it. We'll dial you up to 600 from there.

titleguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    If you want to show up around 7-7:15 I can get there early with the tools to get it mounted, set, and a 100yd zero on it. We'll dial you up to 600 from there.

lajeeper, You won't get a better deal than this all week. Ted, I may roll in a bit early too to confirm my 100 yard zero since my scope has been moved around.

Honestly, anyone who's even thinking about coming to FPR should come out. I've just started shooting at 600 yards in F-class and FPR and everyone is super helpful to the new guys. I don't think I've encountered anyone who has been rude or looked down on me just because I was new. Heck, I think I heard the guy who won the F-T/R regional his weekend had never shot in competition before. There's a bunch of guys out here willing to help and I promise you'll do better than you think you will.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I'm going to try and make it early (groans in misery:D), around 7:00-7:30 but hopefully I can get off early enough friday night to get some sleep!:) I would like to get a good zero @ 100 if possible. See y'all out there.

Bam Bam

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Oh, I plan to bring it, but it is far from ready to compete with and same with me.

Bam Bam

I think you will be pleasantly suprised.

I might not be able to make it after all, still working on it though. Got "voluntold" for an overnight "volunteer" event for work plus work the whole day.

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    Looks like we're going to have some great weather to shoot in tomorrow! Mickey, are you bringing/shooting your .30cal can? I am still looking for one to screw on the new rifle to make sure everything lines up.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Looks like we're going to have some great weather to shoot in tomorrow! Mickey, are you bringing/shooting your .30cal can? I am still looking for one to screw on the new rifle to make sure everything lines up.

Yep! I'm there. I'll have the 308 can with me. You are more than welcome to play with it!:D
    I just may bring the Osprey .45 can so you can play with it too. Rick got to shoot it 2 weekends ago at the range.
    I'll be there early to help set up. I like the smell of wallpaper glue.:draw:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eddie Landry
    Top Bottom