Finished bobbing my 1970 Deuce & 1/2

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kyle ray

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    baton rouge
    sweet Moses that thing is sexy.

I know you said it was multi fuel, is it the original engine?
    Is there any computer controlling engine management? as in a newer engine?

Hank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Thank you for labelling the sky hook, I was beginning to get worried.
    Oh and Hank, we're not discussing the entire frame, just the section where the stress from the steering box will be. Generally cracks form around the bolt holes, and they try to play connect the dots.

The new steering box mounts on the outside of the stock frame and it includes a backer plate to strengthen the frame.

sweet Moses that thing is sexy.

I know you said it was multi fuel, is it the original engine?
    Is there any computer controlling engine management? as in a newer engine?

It is the original engine made by White. Hercules and Continental were other multi-fuel engine makers (same engine, different contractor).
    The only things electric on the engine are the 24v starter and alternator. It might last a EMP. Who knows?

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    :eek: Shoot, all you need now is a quad 50, a shotgunner, two or three rifleman, and a DM or four and you're set!

Beautiful truck!

Hank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    What's the overall height on that thing?

Right now it is 9'-6" to the top of the cab. Not sure how high I want the external roll cage to stick up. Maybe a spare tire rack? Have fun getting a 550 pound wheel/tire assembly down from 10' up. :D

My deuce originally weighed 13,500 lb. It should be around 12,000 lb now.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Time to enlarge the back window!!!!

Do you really think a mounted spare is necessary? I mean, what are you gonna do to get a flat, without causing severe damage to many other vehicles/structures? I don't think a nail inthe road is really going to be an issue. I'd do it verticle in the bed if anything, with a mini crane.

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Let me give you a friendly warning, from one of my previous lifetimes:

One can get one (or, more) of these STUCK. And, when one does get STUCK, it can be a major problem.

At one point, our idiot C.O. got three deuce-&-a-half's stuck and was going to send our fourth and last one to the same place, to get stuck also.

Enjoy, but, stay careful.................

leVieux

We got like four or five humvee ambulances (sp) stuck at the far end of Baton Rouge airport one weekend. Our little drill weekend went from a plan to bivouac for one or two nights to how the hell do we get back to the airport on Sunday about two miles away? Hilarious!

Hank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Okay so it's been too cold to paint. Here are some videos to tide you guys/girls over...

Here is a 6 minute YouTube video that starts off with a cold start (40F) and then takes viewers on a tour of the modifications completed on my bobbed deuce through 01/03/13.
    http://youtu.be/NGFC0Ibr4YY

Here is a 1 minute YouTube video showing how effective the Waterloo Specialties power steering kit is on my bobbed deuce. Sitting still turning lock-to-lock in my driveway.
    http://youtu.be/jxOpswHvRQc

Last edited:

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    Okay so it's been too cold to paint. Here are some videos to tide you guys/girls over...

Here is a 6 minute YouTube video that starts off with a cold start (40F) and then takes viewers on a tour of the modifications completed on my bobbed deuce through 01/03/13.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGFC0...ature=youtu.be

Here is a 1 minute YouTube video showing how effective the Waterloo Specialties power steering kit is on my bobbed deuce. Sitting still turning lock-to-lock in my driveway.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxOps...ature=youtu.be

hcv7pnjv9l1wjnv6c3g5.png

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I think you live just a street or two from me. Either that, or there is another guy in prairieville with a tan bobbed deuce that was driving it in the late afternoon for the last couple days.

Hank

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Scroll up a few posts because I fixed the YouTube links.

That was me that you saw driving around. I'm the only guy in Louisiana with a tan bobbed deuce on 53" Michelins. :D

Top Bottom