Flu shots

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you get a flu shot?

• Yes

Votes: 75 62.5%
    • No, I'm afraid of needles

Votes: 2 1.7%
    • No, I'll get the flu

Votes: 25 20.8%
    • No, its a government plot to install a tracker!

Votes: 18 15.0%

• Total voters

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    I have gotten them for several years without problem; I got one about 2 weeks ago and I ended up in the hospital ER a couple days later because of an 'adversre' reaction it caused with my COPD.

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Nope. I did when I was younger then in my early 20's, I'd end up getting sick within days of getting the shot. Stopped for a few years, no flu. Got one again when I was 26 or so, came down with the flu again in a matter of days. No more for me. They can keep that bottle of copayment generator for use on someone else.

Sent via dixie cup string phone.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Nope-Honey-Bunches.jpg

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Last year is the ONLY year that I didn't get it.......BINGO - I got the worst flu that I can remember. I was bed ridden for 5 days straight with 102+ fever......Just got mine Thursday. I'm not going through that ordeal again.
    My Dr. recommends that I get it -- so I do.

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I'm afraid of needles and I'm afraid I'll get sick from one. Double Nope. I've had the flu twice in my thirty years and it wasn't THAT bad. I'll take my chances.

au01st

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2014
    Alexandria, LA
    I get one every year. It's free with work. They bring in a pharmacist on a specified day and anybody who wants one gets one, spouses included. Working with the general public on a daily basis means I touch all sorts of things that little snot-nosed kids (and adults...) touch. Got mine on Wednesday.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    If anyone in the Nola area has a job that their insurance covers the flu shot from a pharmacy. Let me know and I can probably set up a day where I come give it to you instead of you at work instead of having to come to the pharmacy

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    No way. Government tracking microchips are implanted through the flu shots. Why do you think the shots are free?

Seriously, quit laughing and Google it. :D

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Been working in hospitals for 26 years and I've taken maybe 3 flu shots. I get a fever and aches within 24 hours but it's short lived
    This year my job pulled some crap about mandatory flu shots that really pissed me off. I don't believe they have a legal right to do so. I believe it should be my decision. I sure would hate to give them a reason to fire me this close to retirement though. Gonna sit it out til the deadline and see if they back down on the mandatory crap. My kids pediatrician is now nearly debilitated from a flu vaccine he received 2 years ago. Guillain-Barre' syndrome nearly killed a healthy physician. Yes, it does happen.

Last edited:

mr. frog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Vi-Lou
    Everyone around me swears that its impossible to get sick from the flu shot, ive had several throughout the years and i swear i get sick as hell everytime.. and it seems to linger longer than normal. I dont think i will get one.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The reason I posted this was I just got mine for the first time. My family finally badgered me into it. My dad has been after me for a few years (he's a viriologist at a med school, btw...). I haven't had the real flu since high school so we'll see if I get it this year.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Last year is the ONLY year that I didn't get it.......BINGO - I got the worst flu that I can remember. I was bed ridden for 5 days straight with 102+ fever......Just got mine Thursday. I'm not going through that ordeal again.
    My Dr. recommends that I get it -- so I do.

Yep, everyone in my office got it as well as me and so did my wife. I was laid up for about two weeks and lost 5 lbs. my wife and kids got the shot, kids didn't get sick and she got over the flu in 2 days, she said she really just felt under the weather. My co workers who got the shot also had a fast recovery time.

Top Bottom