Followup on Todd Cheek of Tcustoms LLC in Greenwell Springs Louisiana suppressor sale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I don't believe Huntertown is at fault here. The only criticism I can attest to Huntertown is they do not return phone calls and they don't make enough cans to meet their demand. Which I suppose means they don't have enough employees. When I emailed them that I was told by Todd Cheek, "you screwed him" and never delivered the product, I heard back from them the next day. So I don't know if they selectively read/answer their mail or only answer things they disagree with.

They make a nice product for an affordable price. If you can find one for sale.

honestly, I don't care. the only thing I know about him is that he's got issues that he failed to resolve amicably, and apparently some other customer is pissed and possibly out some cash.

it's not personal, its just my money and I'd rather avoid the hassle than ask myself later why I didn't know better. I suspect many others that have seen (and will yet see) this story will feel the same way. Regarding referrals, I don't know this guy from anyone else, but when people ask about stuff like this I generally say "ive heard good things about this person and bad about that person" - like we all do. This one is on the "horror story" list.

Last edited:

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    20140714_110907_zpsb2btrr8f.jpg

Last edited:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    tl;dr - never buying from huntertown and spreading word likewise.

Yeah really, doesn't exactly inspire confidence in huntertown arms. Too many other good choices out there for quality gear to potentially go through all that.

I met Todd before and he seems like a nice guy, I can't imagine he'd be looking to steal from you. $500 isn't worth the headache. I'm sure he could have made more effort with huntertown but it sounds like the manufacturer is a real PIA.

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    Actually the problem is not with Huntertown Arms. Their only problem is they don't make them fast enough and don't always answer the phone.

I can't imagine he'd steal $500 from me either. But he did. Here's the only relevant thing you need to know about Todd Cheek. He says HA took my money and never sent him a can. If he did, in fact provide them with my $500, he should be able to provide them with documentation of that transaction. Cancelled check, credit card statement. HA has said if he shows them proof of payment, they will send him my can. He doesn't want to do that. He would rather keep my money and do nothing further.

His last statement here was that I paid for a serial number and when he gets it, I'll have a can. He said that after saying they took the money and were not sending a can. Which means I will never get what I paid him for. So you tell me, how is HA the PIA?

Anyway, I got a can from a reputable dealer, they even paid my stamp fee for me so I didn't have to go back there before now and deal with that. That's how a gun dealer is supposed to operate. BJ Pawn in Denham Springs, La.

LCPL 4

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 30, 2007
    Badger Free Zone
    Reminds me of the whole reloading component fiasco that was thread locked. Still never saw a dime back from that one. Decided then and there I would never purchase anything from a forum member unless I could hold it in my hands. Everything else would be big chain such as Midway or B&M.

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    That might be a good idea, but I didn't know him as a forum member, just found him as a local business. On the other hand, a forum member is who actually got me my stamp today, so...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Damn, mADWAND! This Todd guy should be glad he didn't take $1000 from you! :rofl:

I must say, your seething over $500 is a valuable life lesson for the future! Looks like it's working for you! :mamoru:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Actually the problem is not with Huntertown Arms. Their only problem is they don't make them fast enough and don't always answer the phone.

I can't imagine he'd steal $500 from me either. But he did. Here's the only relevant thing you need to know about Todd Cheek. He says HA took my money and never sent him a can. If he did, in fact provide them with my $500, he should be able to provide them with documentation of that transaction. Cancelled check, credit card statement. HA has said if he shows them proof of payment, they will send him my can. He doesn't want to do that. He would rather keep my money and do nothing further.

His last statement here was that I paid for a serial number and when he gets it, I'll have a can. He said that after saying they took the money and were not sending a can. Which means I will never get what I paid him for. So you tell me, how is HA the PIA?

Anyway, I got a can from a reputable dealer, they even paid my stamp fee for me so I didn't have to go back there before now and deal with that. That's how a gun dealer is supposed to operate. BJ Pawn in Denham Springs, La.

Yeah that is very strange. It seems like it should be fairly easy to pull a bank statement, credit card bill, etc. unless he somehow paid cash in person (I can't imagine that's the case).

I guess I'm just inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington

You file a police report?

- - - Updated - - -

You file a police report?

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    It's civil, not criminal. I guess you're trying to make some point about me saying he stole it. Civil covers theft as well. It had also been over a year and a half before it was established he stole it.

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    I guess I'm just inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a year and a half. Then he told the forum he would return my money. Then he told the Better Business Bureau he was NOT going to return my money. There is no doubt.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    It's civil, not criminal. I guess you're trying to make some point about me saying he stole it. Civil covers theft as well. It had also been over a year and a half before it was established he stole it.

Not trying to make any point at all. To me, if I hand someone money for _____ and ______ never happens I would go through all the normal steps of trying to recover that money or ______. If the person I handed the money to said he gave the money to ______, but could provide no proof of any kind, it would raise a big red flag. If he said he would pay me back, then said he wouldn't, criminal charges would be an option I would give thought to.

Last edited:

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    Could be. Statute of limitations on theft is 2-4 years, depending on the circumstances. There is also small claims court that I am considering. Haven't decided yet.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Could be. Statute of limitations on theft is 2-4 years, depending on the circumstances. There is also small claims court that I am considering. Haven't decided yet.

Small Claims is a very viable option. I have given subscriptions to Ass Jammer Magazine to many of my former customers who dared try to screw the Ultimate Consumer!

mADWAND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Walker, La.
    From the looks of it, there was plenty of jamming without the magazine.

Yeah, there was. That's the purpose of him referring to the magazine, which doesn't really exist. The magazine is only his figurative way of saying he screwed someone back. See that's why Emperor just said I should transfer my subscription. Meaning that I have been getting screwed and I should "transfer" it to someone else.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom