Fox 8 news

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    There was a guy on Fox 8 just now (9pm news) That was protecting himself with an AR15 and pistol standing in front of his house. The AR15 he was holding didn't have SIGHTS!!!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    His house was affected by the tornados from Tuesday. Apparently one of the trees in his front yard downed the power line in front of his house, so he was protecting his property from looters while in the dark. Said he had a 42 round "clip"

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    9A177D82-26FD-47DB-A742-95CD8D25FDE4_zps0o7deh6g.jpg

FD6E9886-789C-4278-997E-144D9048F309_zps3snfxpeh.jpg

Crazy thing is, I think it's an optics ready version, so it didn't have a front sight either. Also had a pistol in a shoulder holster

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    If this was LaPlace area, I can understand his concern. The Sheriff also had made an announcement about not tolerating any looting.

I can't help but wonder if this was a $2k AR from the scare buying after Newtown.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I was at bayou dragon once and the range operator had to stop someone from shooting their ar15 Bc they didn't have any sights on it either. Guy literally bought a rifle and wanted to shoot it, not knowing he has to buy a rear sight

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    What is ironic is I had friend that was interviewed on the news a couple years back. Here on BS.com comments were made about the interview. I watched the video of the news spot and immediately knew he was edited. The same guy will remove the rear sight from his AR and outshoot everybody with their sights left on in a Mozambique drill. He would smoke 95% or more of y'all including me.

I would take the news medias reporting with a grain of salt.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    9A177D82-26FD-47DB-A742-95CD8D25FDE4_zps0o7deh6g.jpg

FD6E9886-789C-4278-997E-144D9048F309_zps3snfxpeh.jpg

Crazy thing is, I think it's an optics ready version, so it didn't have a front sight either. Also had a pistol in a shoulder holster

Now see folks; this is the way to post! With conviction! This member was so interested in this story and bring it to us, that not only was he willing to back up his post with pictures from his phone, but he DVR'd the segment.

Some of the lazy **** I see some of you guys throw out there is embarrassing! :mamoru:

Kudos Sir! I don't know what this story has to do with the price of tea in China, but kudos! :D

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Obviously you guys haven't heard about the new Invisi-Sight optics line that's all the rage, right now. :D

I don't know anything about the man's background, experience, etc....Could be he simply grabbed what he had and went with it. That was an unusual day, to say the least.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Obviously you guys haven't heard about the new Invisi-Sight optics line that's all the rage, right now. :D

I don't know anything about the man's background, experience, etc....Could be he simply grabbed what he had and went with it. That was an unusual day, to say the least.

Exactly! And nothing says; "Don't f**k with me or any of my s**t!"; better than a black rifle! ;)

Sights or not!

And of course a 42 round "clip!" :rolleyes:

Top Bottom