Getting on the Glock bandwagon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    As I have said countless times on here, I am not a Glock fan.

Well, that has changed.

We are transitioning to Glocks at work so after packing the same Sig for 15 years, I am now being issued a Gen 4 G-23.

We had an opportunity recently to take them out and run the POST, LSP backup, and obstacle courses of fire with them so I had to get familiar with it fast.

And I actually like this Gen 4. It has none of the "quirkiness" I found in earlier models.

I liked it so much that I am going to get one for an off duty weapon.

Any of you considering a .40 caliber pistol should definitely look at the G-23.

12secHemi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Alexandria, LA
    Welcome to the dark side! As an owner of a Gen 3 G23, so far I haven't encountered anything negative about this firearm. As far as the quirks you've experienced on the earlier models, can you point out the refinements of your Gen 4 as compared to the Gen 3?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Different size back straps, slightly less muzzle rise, slightly less perceived recoil and a slightly better trigger feel with the new dot connector to name a few.

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Got a Gen 3- 23 and I love it, Welcome. for about 150$ you can convert it to a 9mm with magazines. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=GNS-140. Got one for my brother and he has no complaints about it.
    Except that after 14 years my dang night sights are dying! 1st gen glock 22 and I know I have put close to 10,000 rounds through this gun and its just keeps going bang. Already close to a 1000 rounds with the wolfe 9mm barrel and other than the occassional shell ejection towrds my face it still functions fine.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I am a glock fan and have owned every model they have produced (save for the 380 stuff). The midsize guns just do not fit my hand, until the gen 4 came out. Can't remember which backstrap I have on it, but it feels great. I have never had a single issue with any of my glocks, and I have shot alot of ammo through them over the years.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    One of the best improvements also on the 4th gens is the enlarged factory mag release. Significantly less reach, if any, to dump a mag using the thumb.

dos gris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Good thinking, otherwise they'd be exchanged for the latest model X-Box, or whatever replaces gaming gear in the year 2035. I'm obviously assuming that you plan on hanging around the planet for awhile.

Top Bottom