Glock MOS - Who has one?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Here is the problem I have. I'm asking about Iron Sights with a RDS on a Glock MOS specifically.

I don't want your advertisement for a RM holster.

I suppose so. But the ones I have seen don't even come close to hiding the printability of the pistol butt like the RMH LoRider does.

The ones you have seen? They are infinitely adjustable.

The RM LoRider is junk.

I carry a G19 and a G17 in an Eidolon with a t-shirt and zero printing.

14681705_10154009045130963_6109919735363832949_n.jpg

Unless you have massive shoulders and a REAL skinny waist, a service-type pistol's butt is going to print quite easily under anything but an arctic parka when carried at the hip. Dunno, perhaps its angle can be adjusted- it must have a dozen parts/screws/etc., so I guess that's possible.

I carry AIWB, as the Eidolon was designed for. The benefit of the Eidolon is that it can also be used anywhere on the body with the provided hardware.

Last edited:

DerpMeister

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Zachary
    I don't want your advertisement for a RM holster.

The RM LoRider is junk.

I wasn't advertising jack ****; I was offering my opinion. Kee doesn't need any advertisement.

And since you think the LoRider is junk, that tells me you don't know nearly as much as you think you do.

Sorry to have pissed in your Cheerios. You obviously don't need any opinions of the concept in general... just one specific system. Good luck with that.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I wasn't advertising jack ****; I was offering my opinion. Kee doesn't need any advertisement.

And since you think the LoRider is junk, that tells me you don't know nearly as much as you think you do.

Sorry to have pissed in your Cheerios. You obviously don't need any opinions of the concept in general... just one specific system. Good luck with that.

You were recommending a holster when I never asked for it.
    You were putting down on an Eidolon and saying a RM Holster is better.

I have a metric **** ton of knowledge about holsters, so don't even bother.

I don't want any opinions on holsters. Does my original post say anything about a holster? No.

For those with a Glock MOS pistol, have you found a set of sights that co-witness or are at least visible through the RDS window?

DerpMeister

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Zachary
    I have a metric **** ton of knowledge about holsters...

Ah... okay. Right.;)

As for the rest of it, I wasn't trying to change your (or anyone else's) mind about anything. In fact, I was more talking to interested folks in general, not you specifically. Certainly not the smartest thing to do in a specific thread; guess I should have realized that.

Have a large day.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Changed out the sights, and let me tell you, once on, dawson sights do not move! PITB.

A0CABA13-34FB-4EF8-B3A9-B670E4B2C8C5_zpsflftxlye.jpg

But now the ameriglo sights are the perfect height for zev slides.

4FFB1A85-41C5-499A-843F-F59396B200F7_zpsuclmzcxo.jpg

And the dawson sights are better fit for the MOS, hence they name them MOS sights. picture doesn't do it justice. More of a lower 1/3 than 1/2 that it looks like in the pic. So for those curious, now you know how the MOS will look with ameriglo and dawson sights. I plan to buy some ZEV sights sooner than later, b/c I would rather a square looking rear sight. The fiber optic front will not interfere with the red dot since the film on the optic kinda mutes the dot.

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Noob
    Good point about the tinted glass of the RMR muting the sight. I was able to practice my sight picture tonight in mid/lower light atmospheres. It was actually quite difficult to find the black front sight with the blue tint, in the lower light, with darker backdrops.
    Going to continue to evaluate this phenomena and see how it plays out in other lighting situations and possible change to something that would be easier to pick up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    And the dawson sights are better fit for the MOS, hence they name them MOS sights. picture doesn't do it justice. More of a lower 1/3 than 1/2 that it looks like in the pic. So for those curious, now you know how the MOS will look with ameriglo and dawson sights. I plan to buy some ZEV sights sooner than later, b/c I would rather a square looking rear sight. The fiber optic front will not interfere with the red dot since the film on the optic kinda mutes the dot.

I appreciate all of the information you have posted thus far! It's really helpful!

That's interesting about the tinting of the RMR. I'm curious how that would be affected by a WML.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I appreciate all of the information you have posted thus far! It's really helpful!

That's interesting about the tinting of the RMR. I'm curious how that would be affected by a WML.

If you look in the other thread I posted in. There were a handful of pictures with the light shining into a dark room. On my sights that were tall enough to cowitness, enough light shined back that you can see the silhouette of the iron sights

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    If you look in the other thread I posted in. There were a handful of pictures with the light shining into a dark room. On my sights that were tall enough to cowitness, enough light shined back that you can see the silhouette of the iron sights

Interesting. I've been moving towards WML carry and away from night sights due to washout when the WML is in use. It's something I'll have to incorporate when dealing with the RDS.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Did y'all get the blue label with the GSSF coupon?

I'm not LE so I don't know about blue label prices but with the GSSF coupon and after tax it came out to be 600 bucks for my 34 MOS. So I guess around 550 before tax. All gen 4's come with 3 mags.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Waiting to pickup an MOS when they are available with a factory threaded barrel. :D It might be a long time. :hs:

Some of these co-witnessing sights block an awful lot of the sight picture. I thought the purpose of the red dot is to have a fast, clear picture of your target? :dunno:

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Agreed...Jade.

Thats why I went with the Ameriglo, blacked out sights... (see my pic post from earlier in the thread). They are barely in the sight picture

Noob has a couple that I could go with too (in his pic posts), but agree, a couple of them look they do block a lot of the sight picture/RD frame.

Waiting to pickup an MOS when they are available with a factory threaded barrel. :D It might be a long time. :hs:

Some of these co-witnessing sights block an awful lot of the sight picture. I thought the purpose of the red dot is to have a fast, clear picture of your target? :dunno:

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Agreed...Jade.

Thats why I went with the Ameriglo, blacked out sights... (see my pic post from earlier in the thread). They are barely in the sight picture

Noob has a couple that I could go with too (in his pic posts), but agree, a couple of them look they do block a lot of the sight picture/RD frame.

Yours looks nice. Just enough sight to be useful if you need it but not so much to block out your sight picture.

I have very little personal experience with handgun RDS, but from what I've seen, there seems to be a trend for folks to mount up super tall sights in front and back of their RDS, as if to serve as the primary sights while the optic itself is some $500 obstacle that happens to be mounted on the pistol. I understand the purpose of backup sights but not at the cost of ruining your primary optic.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Agreed...Jade.

Mind you mine are one milled slides from Zev Tech, not on a MOS (besides my G34). So the optic sits lower. I will order a set of zev .300 sights to try out to see if I like those over the ameriglo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom