Gone baby gone

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johngunguy

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    LEANDER, TEXAS
    Well, the wife and I moved out of Slidell yesterday to Austin Tx. Going to miss buying, and selling with the
    Great guys on Bayoushooter. Will still be able to read the interesting posts on this forum.

You guys, be safe

John

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    Best of luck on your new venture. Austin and surrounds are a pretty nice place to be. Stay in touch although your not really leaving the BS.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    have a safe trip and Texas isn't bad at all, but Austin seams to be the most liberal

Liberal, but a really special city too. Very artsy and foodie.

East side Food truck! Try their Brussels salad and their menudo. It's to die for awesome good. The Asian chicken is good. Hell the whole food truck is worth it.

I'm going back a few times this year. Love Austin. :)

johngunguy

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    LEANDER, TEXAS
    Thanks for the kind words. We actually bought a house in Leander just north of Austin so I am not around the weird part. Getting to be with my son, daughter, and 9mth and 3yr old grandsons. Good times.

Won't miss the hurricanes nor the constant Katrina sob stories on the news either.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Have often wanted to post this on my door. Some day.

7rb3ds1j1673cl3ukp.jpg

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gone to Texas (often abbreviated GTT), was a phrase used by Americans immigrating to Texas in the 19th century[1] often to escape debt[2] incurred during the Panic of 1819. Moving to Texas, which at the time was part of Mexico, was particularly popular among debtors from the South and West.[3]

The phrase was often written on the doors of abandoned houses or posted as a sign on fences.[4]

Recently, the Governor's Office of Economic Development has revised the use of "Gone to Texas"[citation needed] as part of its plan to attract businesses to Texas under its current advertising campaign "Texas. Wide Open For Business".

After Davy Crockett was narrowly defeated for re-election in Tennessee, he famously said, "You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas," and followed through on that pledge.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    If I had to pick a retirement spot, it would definitely be Gruene, Texas. That place is one of my favorite places on earth. Or Brenham. I waffle back and forth on any given day. Brenham is beautiful in the spring, but Gruene is great in the summer.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Yeah, that's what I said. The mexican invasion from the south, and the SoCal yuppie invasion from the west, both into Arizona (where I wanted to settle post-retirement) and the wife's refusal to move that far from the grandchirruns put the kibosh on those dreams.

So it looks like I'm stuck here, in this humid-ass foul climate, surrounded by tard LSU fans.....:wtc:

Good luck, John. Liberal or not, Austin is one hell of a lot nicer than here.

We just got back from a week stay in New Braunfels, Tx. Talk about nice...

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Have fun, enjoy a smiliar cost of living that is set at a much nicer standard!!

I can't wait to escape back to TX. I miss it so much.

Top Bottom