Gun store owner and son killed in fight with angry customer

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Well they were Chalmations.:p

:doh: They are called stereotypes because just coming out and honestly saying that someone is inherently born to act a certain way is too politically incorrect!

Author may have had McConfusion. The customers being Chalmations supports the loud, boisterous, and belligerent theory. I kid, I kid.

Don't back track! There are a lot of **** people from Chalmette. I spent many a day down there pre-Katrina.

People are crazy.

Yep! Add a lack of education, willful ignorance, a deficiency of courtesy and respect, and self importance; and you have a country full of assholes!

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Actually that is a damn good point, that may be a better perspective.

Indeed. You made a damn good point and it is IMO a better perspective from which to view this terrible incident.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

Yep! People are frustraited. Pushed too far. Sick and tired of feeling like they got all stick and no carrot. Combine that with Emp. fair assesment about a nation full of a-holes. We have some serious problems as a people.

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Yep! People are frustraited. Pushed too far. Sick and tired of feeling like they got all stick and no carrot. Combine that with Emp. fair assesment about a nation full of a-holes. We have some serious problems as a people.

I have a suggestion:

Make point of saying "Yes Sir/mam", "No sir/mam", "please" and "thank you" to everyone, extend basic common courtesies to people ... regardless of how they treat you.

Yes you will be polite to assholes who do not deserve it and some people will resent it. But too bad. Those who complain or do not reciprocate the courtesy will show you very quickly who the assholes are and let you avoid them in the future.

My father used to say "You will hold the door open for a whore. You do that not because you think the whore is a lady; but because you are a gentleman and that is what a gentleman does".

BTW if they are dicks to you simply remember that the phrase Thank you and f*** you end in the same word. So if they are rude to you for saying that, simply smile and say thank you as you walk away. :)

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    For $25. The owner should have let it go or the others should have paid. $25 is not worth yelling over, much less fighting, shooting, and killing over.

Both groups are idiots to let it go this far.

Talon65

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2015
    Oak Harbor Washington
    I have a suggestion:

Make point of saying "Yes Sir/mam", "No sir/mam", "please" and "thank you" to everyone, extend basic common courtesies to people ... regardless of how they treat you.

Yes you will be polite to assholes who do not deserve it and some people will resent it. But too bad. Those who complain or do not reciprocate the courtesy will show you very quickly who the assholes are and let you avoid them in the future.

My father used to say "You will hold the door open for a whore. You do that not because you think the whore is a lady; but because you are a gentleman and that is what a gentleman does".

BTW if they are dicks to you simply remember that the phrase Thank you and f*** you end in the same word. So if they are rude to you for saying that, simply smile and say thank you as you walk away. :)

Spot on Sir thats how I was raised and thats how I raised my children it amazed me that people complimented them for being so well mannered when I thought and was taught that being polite and having respect was simply SOP. I've been educated to the contrary in the years since and its a shame we've gotten to the point in this society that we have. I think much of it hinges on the decline of the American family in general and I think its purposefully done by the "powers that be" but thats a conversation for another time/thread I suppose.

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Spot on Sir thats how I was raised and thats how I raised my children it amazed me that people complimented them for being so well mannered when I thought and was taught that being polite and having respect was simply SOP. I've been educated to the contrary in the years since and its a shame we've gotten to the point in this society that we have. I think much of it hinges on the decline of the American family in general and I think its purposefully done by the "powers that be" but thats a conversation for another time/thread I suppose.
    Thank you. I agree it sure seems as though too many confuse PC with basic courtesy. The manners you taught your children will serve them well.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Thank you. I agree it sure seems as though too many confuse PC with basic courtesy. The manners you taught your children will serve them well.

Absolutely agree. I teach my little girl manner and even at 2 1/2 if I ask her something and doesnt respond with a yes sir or no sir I stop her and ask again. Respect and manners are a lost language, but we will continue to use what we were tought as children. And hopefully it will rub off.

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I have a suggestion:

I wish I had the occasion to meet your father...

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Thank you but that statement by my father was not unique to him ... if you are certain age your dad may not have used the term whore but the same concept was espoused by most fathers.

Manners are considered old fashioned today unfortunately.

I'm only in my 20's and I was most certainly raised this way. I would like to believe that these morals still hold true, but I am learning more and more every day that many do not embrace them :/

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    I'm only in my 20's and I was most certainly raised this way.

I am glad to hear that. Anyone raised with such manners and morals are IMO much better human being for the self discipline that is inherent in activities.

I would like to believe that these morals still hold true, but I am learning more and more every day that many do not embrace them.

I make the above statement because your statement here is all too true and as a country and society we are worse off due to this unfortunate fact.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom