handgun pictures thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cexodusk

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2007
    Lake Charles
    I keep it clean

cap_gun_6in_metal.JPG

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Updated pic of my 1972 Colt Lightweight Commander:

colt_new.jpg

Reverted it to stock and tuned it up reeeeal nice. Shoots like a champ. Been looking for a nice set of factory grips for over a year. Glad I waited, found a set of NOS for a great deal!

dtknowles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I have an old S&W .32 top break just like that except mine is hammerless and has a 1911 type grip safety. Every so rarely, I'll spot one like it at a gun show.

Dave

I wanted one in each size with the same style, trigger guard, grip, cylinder, etc. The big bores are pricey so I had to settle for the longer barrel and the extra row of cut in the cylinder on the 44. I have shot them all, it is a real hoot. I am thinking about collecting a set of single actions as well. The small bores are pretty cheap under $200. I have seen a lot of the safety hammerless 38's for auction on GunBroker.com. I only collect shooters not high percent collectors items as anything I have I shoot and get scratches and stuff.

FloridaFialaFan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can't Answer Your Questions...

About what year was the c-96 made?

I have heard someone claim the Raven is accurate. Any report on that.

The earliest Shansei Arsenal Broomhandle 45s were manufactured back during WW II. This gun however is one of the more recently made imports. It has a TINY import mark on the front grip strap. My understanding is that they too were made at the old Shansei Arsenal works.

I've not uncovered the full story on these later imports yet. I've seen some that were horrible examples of machining and finish, yet this one is a beautifully made gun. This has a 3-digit serial number.

As for the Raven's accuracy, I collect and do not shoot most of my guns. The .25s were a passing fancy. I bought a bunch of them but never got around to shooting them.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Best regards ~ ~ ~ FFF

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I wanted one in each size with the same style, trigger guard, grip, cylinder, etc. The big bores are pricey so I had to settle for the longer barrel and the extra row of cut in the cylinder on the 44. I have shot them all, it is a real hoot. I am thinking about collecting a set of single actions as well. The small bores are pretty cheap under $200. I have seen a lot of the safety hammerless 38's for auction on GunBroker.com. I only collect shooters not high percent collectors items as anything I have I shoot and get scratches and stuff.

Mine is definitely not a collector grade. We found it stashed in my wifes grandmothers house after she passed. Haven't even shot it, and probably won't.

Dave

WestBank_Dan

My Ninja dog!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Marrero, LA
    I've got a sigma 9mm, i've never seen one with the black slide too, when and where did you get it? (IE I want one :rofl:)

i got it at the kenner gunshow back in october here in new orleans. i got a good deal on it, 300 plus tax. it also came with a knife :).

my friends have the sigma 9mm as well. they have the two tone like yours. but i wanted all black. which they didn't have, so i got the .40.

oh and i just ordered 2 magazines yesterday, should be in by tomorrow.:D

LongRange

Weatherby...no Substitute
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Gonzales LA
    New Baby Eagle 9mm

Wanted to share my findings with everyone, I recently purchased a Baby Eagle 9mm, Hi-Cap 17rds. and this gun is impressive to say the least, i compared it to my Glock 19-9mm, Para Ordinance 1911-45acp, and Taurus 101-40sw, and it out performs all in the accuracy division. the target here is 20 meters, using standard ammo, standing no rest. Im not the best shot i know but this gun makes me look good and it just feels great, smooth action and for the cost of 475.00 brand new its hard to beat. Time will tell how it holds up, but easy take down for cleaning is another plus it has. a few images for the guys....

2002219037507150146_rs.jpg
    Baby Eagle 9mm
    2002988576467182318_rs.jpg
    Handgun Comparison
    2004243985143663568_rs.jpg
    17rnd Grouping @ 20meters

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Insert G36 here____________________________ I just picked it up from BRPS. I wish all Glocks were slimline grip.

ya know they are thinking about a recall on those!!!!!:eek3:

apparently they do not have the same sear as the others and have accidenlty discharged!!! i believe this happened in Cali. my LT was telling me about it.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Glocks don't have sears, George... ;) They have "connectors".

And any "recall" would have been all OVER GlockTalk. Haven't seen anything like that.

That said... I believe that the G36 has been THE most problematic of the entire line. Over the years, I have seen more posts about people having trouble with their G36 than any other Glock.

oppps my bad! connectors! Yeah ive been looking onthe interweb about that, i keep seeing A LOT of class action stuff and the recall on the EXXXXX serials, but nothing to verify what i said

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    ya know they are thinking about a recall on those!!!!!:eek3:

apparently they do not have the same sear as the others and have accidenlty discharged!!! i believe this happened in Cali. my LT was telling me about it.

Ummmm......G36 is my carry gun. That makes me nervous to say the least. I've never had a malfunction with a decent grip but like pangris said, underpressure I might fumble a bit.

PM me any more info if you find out. Sux too, I love that gun.

firesafety3

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    Gonzales, Louisiana
    My Para LTC

Hardchromed by Tripp & Co., G10 grips, Dawson front and rear. All steel; the only alloy I shoot are aluminum arrows - occasionally.

Sorry, meant this for the pic thread.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom