Heads up, someone trying to hack my account.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Heads up guys:
    Dear herohog,

Someone has tried to log into your account on BayouShooter.com Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 183.207.228.54

All the best,
    BayouShooter.com Forums
    I significantly upgraded my password.

That IP brought up:

错误

您所请求的网址(URL)无法获取

It is from a Chinese hacker account: http://anti-hacker-alliance.com/index.php?details=183.207.228.54

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Oriental letters similar to that have been popping up on the top left of my computer screen for at least a month and my computer keeps locking up.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Oriental letters similar to that have been popping up on the top left of my computer screen for at least a month and my computer keeps locking up.

I wouldn't do any online banking on that computer. But I'm sure you have figured that out.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA

Download and run the following programs:

CCleaner (free) https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
    Malwarebytes (free version) http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/var2/

Running CCleaner first to delete all you temp files will speed up the Malwarebytes scan.
    You may want to consider the premium version of Malwarebytes for real time protection.

If that doesn't fix it or your computer won't install these programs I can offer some more help.

velociraptor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Greater New Orleans Area
    I am "Old School" and would not online back on any computer. I also get at least a dozen Spam e mails each week.

LOL I get at least 200 a day that my server filters and discards and then I get at least 30 a day that filter through. That is just one email address.

The risk of being hacked is increasing. It used to require some skill and knowledge, now you can obtain hacking software free or even pay someone a few bucks and they will do it.

Passwords should be at least 16 characters. However even a complex password cannot help you if the folks running the forum or site have weaknesses in their software.

Malwarebytes is a good program but you need multiple tools to detect some threats.

Last edited:

Aussiecajun

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Maurice LA
    Download and run the following programs:

CCleaner (free) https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download
    Malwarebytes (free version) http://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/var2/

Running CCleaner first to delete all you temp files will speed up the Malwarebytes scan.
    You may want to consider the premium version of Malwarebytes for real time protection.

If that doesn't fix it or your computer won't install these programs I can offer some more help.

These are 2 programs my wife uses a lot in IT. Another good one is superantispyware.com.

WrenchGuy

ARmed ARtisan
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Slidell, Louisiana
    For Windows users, the first thing to do is get a decent antivirus, and you don't have to spend a lot of money to so...I recommend BitDefender Free, works great and runs in the background.

Second, install Firefox and hide all the icons for Internet Explorer so it isn't accidentally used.

Once you have Firefox, install AdBlock Plus and Ghostery via the Add-Ons tab, adjust the settings to your liking.

I get zero ads, zero malware...nothing, it just works, and it keeps my less savvy family members from screwing up their PCs.

I'm pretty sure you can do the same on a Mac, which I plan to switch to this year anyway.

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    If you have microsoft just download Microsoft Security Essentials, the database is updated daily if not twice a day and it is 100% free. There is no ads, no nothing...if not malwarebytes pro, but I have both and the Security Essentials is spot on with the other every scan.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If you have microsoft just download Microsoft Security Essentials, the database is updated daily if not twice a day and it is 100% free. There is no ads, no nothing...if not malwarebytes pro, but I have both and the Security Essentials is spot on with the other every scan.

I am just cleaning the remnants of the crypto locker ransomware virus. And installed Malwarebytes free, what are the extra benefits of pro? I have no problems paying them if it works better.

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    I am just cleaning the remnants of the crypto locker ransomware virus. And installed Malwarebytes free, what are the extra benefits of pro? I have no problems paying them if it works better.

Oh I bought pro a long time ago, but from what I remember more options upon finding tojan,mal,etc... no ads, more cleaning options, I really want to say pro was less than $20 and I just liked the job it did for the free I bought it. Also your software stays up to date as they get new versions, more database entry, etc...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom