Help with picking my first suppressor.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    I am ready to buy my first can. The host will be a 11.5 sbr. I was wanting it to be short, light, quality mount and quite as possible. I had been looking at sico k series, griffin armament recce 5 mod3, surefire socom556 rc2 and today I had a sandman s in hand as well. I looking for advice and advise . Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Knowing what (little) I know now, If I had to "repick" my first rifle can, I would go with a 30 cal can instead of a dedicated .223/5.56 for more versatility.

Vas te faire encule Isis. Nous sommes Unis

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    Can the Omega handle long strings of fire? I plan on using this rifle in a couple of classes. I have read somewhere that it may not be the best choice for a sbr and high volume of fire.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    As long as your high volume of fire in a class doesn't exceed full auto! It should be fine

Smiley face!

Last edited:

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Have not shot those cans you listed, but I have been very happy with the 7.62 AAC SDN-6 can I have. Uses the 51T muzzle break/flash hider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Have not shot those cans you listed, but I have been very happy with the 7.62 AAC SDN-6 can I have. Uses the 51T muzzle break/flash hider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have the same can on my SBR and Its a little on the heavy side. If your looking for one can you can swap and weight is not an issue, it's the can for you. Although there are now other cans that do the same. If mounts are an issue, Griffin Armament cans allow direct connect to the bird cage.

Last edited:

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    I dont have any .30 cal rifles. I am not going to lie AAC scares me now that they are part of freedom group. Freedive I will start looking at the sig can you listed. I was reading about the omega last night and said they glue the baffles into the sleave because it is to thin to weld. I don't think I will be going that route and it is longer than I want. Really want to keep the length down as much as possible.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    If you want a cool factor go with the Saker and mount it under a full length hand guard leaving just enough sticking out the front to twist it on, I've got a SBR set up like that, it's bad A$$

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Can the Omega handle long strings of fire? I plan on using this rifle in a couple of classes. I have read somewhere that it may not be the best choice for a sbr and high volume of fire.

It is full-auto rated!

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    Like everyone else I'd recommend .30 cal, especially for first can and with possible 41p hassle coming about soon. You still need to wear earmuffs when shooting suppressed 5.56 so I don't see the value of having a dedicated 5.56 k-sized suppressor unless you're clearing houses for a living.

bsoileau24

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Around ville platte
    Thanks for the responses I will be going with a 30 cal can. One of the main reasons I was thinking about the Specwar 556k was the price point. I have enough saved for it but not a 30 cal and was tring to get this done this year. I will save some more and keep reading up on the different ones out there. Any thoughts about the Sandman S?

Top Bottom